Game thread 66: Red Sox at Rays

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Game thread 66: Red Sox at Rays

In response to gr82bme's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hate to say this guys, but I knew Lester would not come through for his team tonight. He almost NEVER does in big games.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

He hasn't come up big when we needed him lately - he's done it in the past and that's what's so frustrating.  He has good stuff but most of the time it looks as though he doesn't trust it.  When he was going good at the beginning of the year, I thought maybe Farrel helped get "his mind right," but the last few starts - egad!  Throw strikes, get ahead of guys, trust your stuff - and if they belt it a mile - oh well - at least you got beat using your best stuff, not because you were nibbling.  And of course, as I type this, the Human Out - Drew hits into a DP. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah- he did it all the time in 2011. Who cares? Games two years ago are ancient history.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

lot of posts being removed lol

When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important then the name on the back. ----Boston.com member since 2003----

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Lester will be fine, he just needs to skip a turn in the rotation. Bring up Webster again for a couple starts and give the staff a rest. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Would somebody please tell Jon Lester that the completion of an inning requires recording three outs? Just about every game he gets his head handed to him after getting two outs. Never fails, tonight no exeption. Two two out runs so far. Getting old.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hate to say this guys, but I knew Lester would not come through for his team tonight. He almost NEVER does in big games.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

He hasn't come up big when we needed him lately - he's done it in the past and that's what's so frustrating.  He has good stuff but most of the time it looks as though he doesn't trust it.  When he was going good at the beginning of the year, I thought maybe Farrel helped get "his mind right," but the last few starts - egad!  Throw strikes, get ahead of guys, trust your stuff - and if they belt it a mile - oh well - at least you got beat using your best stuff, not because you were nibbling.  And of course, as I type this, the Human Out - Drew hits into a DP. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah- he did it all the time in 2011. Who cares? Games two years ago are ancient history.

[/QUOTE]

Hes nibbling again. Every time he dos that he gets mashed, never fails.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

And by the way, when did Lester ever "come through for us" in the past? Hes choked in virtually every clutch game sinc 2008 with maybe 2-3 exceptions. Choking in big games is the rule rather than the exeption. That being said, he still has time to pull this one out. Only down 1.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Why in the world should Iglesias be rotated with Drew and Middlebrooks ?   He has got to play every day. He is playing so much better than either of them .  This plan makes no sense. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Hard to criticize Pedroia , but I have to say that , batting third all year , he should have more RBIs than he does. He has left a lot of runners on base. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

Glad they walked Pappi lol

When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important then the name on the back. ----Boston.com member since 2003----

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

My God, Lester is NO ace!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

And on que, we give Lester a lead, he gets ahead of the leadoff hitter 0-2, then throws meat that far ahead in the count.  Again, no mental toughness, and I'll be surprised if this inning ends with us still in the lead.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Everybody wants Lester to " trust his stuff."  The problem is that his stuff has not been all that good. When he throws strikes , he gets hit hard. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Everybody wants Lester to " trust his stuff."  The problem is that his stuff has not been all that good. When he throws strikes , he gets hit hard. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

It's a lack of BB common sense.  If you nibble v Longoria, I get it.  Guys like Escobar, you have to throw strikes to.  3-0, you throw your best FB right down the middle.

25. This post has been removed.