Game Thread: 8/14/11 Sox vs Mariners

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Game Thread: 8/14/11 Sox vs Mariners

I absolutely hate Youk's childish antics, if ever there was a guy who deserved to be drilled every plate appearance it's Youk.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

This Sox offense is anemic of late. Frustrating.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: 8/14/11 Sox vs Mariners:
    [QUOTE]This Sox offense is anemic of late. Frustrating.
    Posted by soxdawg08[/QUOTE]

Other than one or two outbursts, they've lost a lot of steam since the break.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I know that I am being exceedingly negative today , but I am just commenting on what I have been watching.  If any Sox fans are seeing anything positive in this game, feel free to mention it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

haha.  tcal.  I love Youk.  But if I was pitching against him, I would want to stick him in the ribs every time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The worst offense in baseball, and one of the worst teams, and they look like worldbeaters all the sudden. Very sad, very lame.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

hi all, if we had zambrano could be winning this game. wake never pitches great vs seattle

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

[QUOTE]I know that I am being exceedingly negative today , but I am just commenting on what I have been watching.  If any Sox fans are seeing anything positive in this game, feel free to mention it.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Your just calling it like it is. Reality stinks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Lets go Red Sox

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]We will now proceed to the usual Wakefield bashing , followed immediately by Wake's loyal legion of fans defending him.  Here is my plain , realistic evaluation: Wakefield is simply not very good. You can spin it any way you like, but with 44 games remaining , it is not a good thing if the best you can come up with to start is Wake. Sorry , but that is the truth.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]pick up carlos zambrano for nothing...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I know that I am being exceedingly negative today , but I am just commenting on what I have been watching.  If any Sox fans are seeing anything positive in this game, feel free to mention it.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

All things you point to are indeed frustrating elements of the game today.  But, we know it only takes an half inning with these guys.  Look, Furbush is a nasty young pitcher.  Gotta figure, at this point in his career, when he has it going, one of the few ways to beat is to wait him out, get a few times through the line-up, and either get him here, or jump on the bullpen.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Thats what I'm talking about J-Bay.  Nice hit by Lowrie (though surely a joke punch and judy hit to Softy).  Lets get it going.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: 8/14/11 Sox vs Mariners : All things you point to are indeed frustrating elements of the game today.  But, we know it only takes an half inning with these guys.  Look, Furbush is a nasty young pitcher.  Gotta figure, at this point in his career, when he has it going, one of the few ways to beat is to wait him out, get a few times through the line-up, and either get him here, or jump on the bullpen.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    y cant we nail or penetrate FURBUSH?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickterp. Show rickterp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: 8/14/11 Sox vs Mariners : the bag is there for a reason, if he didn't touch it than that's his fault. I mean the bags on the field are the corner stones of the game, they HAVE to be touched.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

They don't have to be touched if you're name is Derek Jeter...

Seriously, though, if there's going to be an unwritten rule that the runner at second is out if the fielder is near the base when he's turning the DP, then the umps should follow that rule all the time.  Or stop calling the vicinity play completely -- I'm fine with that (add a little more offense by making it tougher to turn a DP).

But it's not Lowrie's fault that the idiot ump Ed Hickox decided to be strict about touching second on a play that is never called strictly -- plus, it's not at all clear to me that he even failed to touch the base.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: 8/14/11 Sox vs Mariners : y cant we nail or penetrate FURBUSH?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Embarassed

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: 8/14/11 Sox vs Mariners : They don't have to be touched if you're name is Derek Jeter... Seriously, though, if there's going to be an unwritten rule that the runner at second is out if the fielder is near the base when he's turning the DP, then the umps should follow that rule all the time.  Or stop calling the vicinity play completely -- I'm fine with that (add a little more offense by making it tougher to turn a DP). But it's not Lowrie's fault that the idiot ump Ed Hickox decided to be strict about touching second on a play that is never called strictly -- plus, it's not at all clear to me that he even failed to touch the base.
    Posted by rickterp[/QUOTE]
    Exactly, middle infielders do it all the time and I can't remember the last time I saw it called.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]How many games are we going to lose  in the attempt to get number 200 for Wastefield
    Posted by bill039[/QUOTE]
    Dude, are you even watching the game? We have one run! And Wake, while certainly not good today, has pitched better than Beckett did last night.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

A nice beginning.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Youk! A Shot!  at least we have a chance here

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

YEAH BABY!!

and no stupid faces.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

wake still out there?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]wake still out there?
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

Yes

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Sox need two baserunners to turn the lineup over in the 9th. Same situation as last night, but down two today.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

swing at strikes at least