Game Thread: 8/14/11 Sox vs Mariners

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Game Thread: 8/14/11 Sox vs Mariners

In Response to Re: Game Thread: 8/14/11 Sox vs Mariners:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: 8/14/11 Sox vs Mariners : i was at safeco today. it was a game where the breaks just went the mariners side. the sox actually was hit the ball on the nose. they just were not dropping for some reason. on the other hand that home run by wells (i think) did not even sound like it was hit solidly. it sounded more like it hit the end of the bat. of course a hr is a hr. i think i will stop watching the sox at safeco. they have been 0-3 so far when i watch them there over the last three seasons. at least today my son was wearing his youk shirt and youk hit a hr.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]
    I can think of at least three balls that were crushed and should have been hits -- Pedroia was robbed by Wilson at short, Ichiro took a double away from ... someone, I forgot who ... and Seager stopped what might have been a two-bagger down the 3b line.
    Meanwhile, Carp is looking like the second coming of Roy Hobbs.
    I can't find their exact record there, but it always seems to me that Boston plays like crap in Safeco.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: 8/14/11 Sox vs Mariners : I can think of at least three balls that were crushed and should have been hits -- Pedroia was robbed by Wilson at short, Ichiro took a double away from ... someone, I forgot who ... and Seager stopped what might have been a two-bagger down the 3b line. Meanwhile, Carp is looking like the second coming of Roy Hobbs. I can't find their exact record there, but it always seems to me that Boston plays like crap in Safeco.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]
    The Red Sox are 11-8 at Safeco Field over the past four seasons (including 5-2 in 2010), but 18-22 over the past eight seasons.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: 8/14/11 Sox vs Mariners : The Sox have actually been behind in their last 7 games in a row starting with the last Yankees game, and managed to win 4 of them.  
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

and the other two ended up one run losses with close plays that could have tied it up at different points.