Gameday!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Gameday!!

Morning all....Happy Friday!!!...ok Sox fans, a week to analyze, criticize, strategize....it's finally here....IT"S GO TIME!!!..are you guys ready??.....enjoy your games folks...Cool 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Gameday!!

things always even out........Sealed
    oston Globe Sports 14m
    MT @PeteAbe: A year ago today, 14 hours after their season ended, the #RedSox fired Bobby Valentine. Now Game 1 of the ALDS at 3:07 p.m.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Thanks jete.  the game will be almost over by the time i get home and fire up the DVR.  Hopefully my son does not learn any new curse words this evening......

it will be nice to see the bunting up at the Fens again.....expecting a raucous crowd.  Big start for JL but i believe he will respond with a QS.  wondering if  MLB will allow fans to sit in bleachers in the batters eye as this is a 3ish start?  iirc in the past they gave those fans black tshirts to wear.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

Morning all....Happy Friday!!!...ok Sox fans, a week to analyze, criticize, strategize....it's finally here....IT"S GO TIME!!!..are you guys ready??.....enjoy your games folks...Cool 

Thank you Jete.

I can't wait to get the game started!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Morning Jete and thanks.

The 5 day lay-off has me concerned. All-Star break is one thing because you have plenty of time. Sox were one of the hottest teams in Sept. Now, they have to turn on the light switch again, while Rays have the Play-off mentality now.
    Baseball is a game where your mind is a big difference.

I think the Rays come into Fenway not one bit nervous, 1 and done games do this to you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Morning Jete and thanks.

The 5 day lay-off has me concerned. All-Star break is one thing because you have plenty of time. Sox were one of the hottest teams in Sept. Now, they have to turn on the light switch again, while Rays have the Play-off mentality now.

I think the Rays come into Fenway not one bit nervous, 1 and done games do this to you.

hey BSu..i hear ya...while both you guys and the Rays have been out of the playoff picture in the recent past, IMO you guys are much more battle tested...from a Yankee POV having had a 19 game front row seat...i'd bet the Sox will have no problem getting up for this one.. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Morning Jete and thanks.

hey BSu..i hear ya...while both you guys and the Rays have been out of the playoff picture in the recent past, IMO you guys are much more battle tested...from a Yankee POV having had a 19 game front row seat...i'd bet the Sox will have no problem getting up for this one.. 

Thats where Veterans make a difference, who have been there. At least I hope.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I'm outta work at 3pm today. whooooooooooooooouh..........bummer that it's cloudy out. all weeK long sunshine........and today........ugh!

GO SOX.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I bet Pedey has no more fingernails left.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

Thanks jete.  the game will be almost over by the time i get home and fire up the DVR.  Hopefully my son does not learn any new curse words this evening......

it will be nice to see the bunting up at the Fens again.....expecting a raucous crowd.  Big start for JL but i believe he will respond with a QS.  wondering if  MLB will allow fans to sit in bleachers in the batters eye as this is a 3ish start?  iirc in the past they gave those fans black tshirts to wear.....

John Henry will be p*ssed if they don't allow people to sit in the centerfield seats.

All that money lost , what? to make sure the batters can see the ball?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

'Sup Jete.  I am psyched.  And nervous.  Rays are built to beat Sox.  Gonna take the best performance we got.  Today is, in my mind, the series.  Lets go Jonny!!        

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

'Sup Jete.  I am psyched.  And nervous.  Rays are built to beat Sox.  Gonna take the best performance we got.  Today is, in my mind, the series.  Lets go Jonny!!        

hey Space, i think you guys just need avoid situations where they can small ball you guys to death..i do think Lester needs to be sharp from go..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

blood in the water

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Late as usual, Jete ...

but thanks and bravo for being a gamer....

Family is about the only thing that will get me away from a game.  (I may "watch" while I multi-task, but ...) Today that was the case.  Work at 3 AM, home at Noon, short nap, shower, doc's visit all by game time.

Watched first innings UP UNTIL Pedey's hit that started it all ... then out with son and wife. 

Had a great time, special time right now, cuz wife will have surgery in 3 weeks that will eliminate the pleasures of eating out for a very long time.  Only 1 week left before diet goes radical.  The surgery SHOULD be good news, if all goes well.

Got home, hoping for good news .... and flicked on the tube just as the Sox were going through their victory hand shakes at the end.  So I knew it was good news.  Then I saw the score.  Hoooahh!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Great game to day, Jete! I should say games. After the Sox I watched some of the other two games. All amazing...not as amazing as the first...but still. I never watched this much baseball in my life and all in one day!  Every game matters to us, and they have all been hard fought. I know when the season is over, I'm going to miss the games, so I'm trying not to forget that this year. :)

Btw, nice to have the gentleman of the Yankee fans along for the ride, especially considering your season. You're one classy guy. Smile

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Late as usual, Jete ...

but thanks and bravo for being a gamer....

Family is about the only thing that will get me away from a game.  (I may "watch" while I multi-task, but ...) Today that was the case.  Work at 3 AM, home at Noon, short nap, shower, doc's visit all by game time.

Watched first innings UP UNTIL Pedey's hit that started it all ... then out with son and wife. 

Had a great time, special time right now, cuz wife will have surgery in 3 weeks that will eliminate the pleasures of eating out for a very long time.  Only 1 week left before diet goes radical.  The surgery SHOULD be good news, if all goes well.

Got home, hoping for good news .... and flicked on the tube just as the Sox were going through their victory hand shakes at the end.  So I knew it was good news.  Then I saw the score.  Hoooahh!

Yaz, I hope everything turns out great for you, your wife and your family. If she's a Sox fan as well, I'm glad the Sox are giving her a great season to enjoy. All the best. :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hey all....go time again tomorrow....you jacked yet? :-) this time the ALCS, trip to the show on the line...expecting a good one...all of you have a great weekend....enjoy the games...@Hugh...have a great time buddy!!