Games in Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natepioneer0350. Show natepioneer0350's posts

Games in Boston

Doubt this will happen, but....

If they win tonight, maybe they start Peavy in six and save Lackey for seven.  If they lose, keep it the way it is.  Another possible option is Doubront in seven.

What I think happens is Lackey goes in six regardless of tonight.   If they have won game five and Lackey gets into trouble early, pull him and put Workman, Dempster or Morales.   In seven, they start Peavy and they have Doubront warming up at the slightest hint of early trouble.  The point is don't let it get out of hand.  Hopefully it get them through six, like last night.

Then they do the matchup thing the rest of the way.  They would have: Tazawa, Breslow, Workman, Dempster in the seventh.  They could even use Morales for a batter if htey had to.  Lester would probably be available and maybe even Lackey, if he was pulled early.  If they can make a move on Buchholz, then they would have Thornton.

My guess on the Cardinals end, they will stay with Wacha as long as they can in game six, but Wainwright will be vaiable for seven like Lester.  Kelly will be on a short leash

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Games in Boston

In response to natepioneer0350's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Doubt this will happen, but....

If they win tonight, maybe they start Peavy in six and save Lackey for seven.  If they lose, keep it the way it is.  Another possible option is Doubront in seven.

What I think happens is Lackey goes in six regardless of tonight.   If they have won game five and Lackey gets into trouble early, pull him and put Workman, Dempster or Morales.   In seven, they start Peavy and they have Doubront warming up at the slightest hint of early trouble.  The point is don't let it get out of hand.  Hopefully it get them through six, like last night.

Then they do the matchup thing the rest of the way.  They would have: Tazawa, Breslow, Workman, Dempster in the seventh.  They could even use Morales for a batter if htey had to.  Lester would probably be available and maybe even Lackey, if he was pulled early.  If they can make a move on Buchholz, then they would have Thornton.

My guess on the Cardinals end, they will stay with Wacha as long as they can in game six, but Wainwright will be vaiable for seven like Lester.  Kelly will be on a short leash

[/QUOTE]

Farrell isnt going play game 6 like game 1.  He is going to try to win that game badly which mean Lackey goes for game 6.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

If Sox win tonight, Sox will pour in everything for game 6 and try to wrap up the series.  Why would they save a thing for gm 7????? My take is Ben will start Lackey gm 6 and IF there's gm 7, Doubront will start the game.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natepioneer0350. Show natepioneer0350's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Sox win tonight, Sox will pour in everything for game 6 and try to wrap up the series.  Why would they save a thing for gm 7????? My take is Ben will start Lackey gm 6 and IF there's gm 7, Doubront will start the game.  

[/QUOTE]

I still think it will be Peavy.

But here is a thought.  If we see Peavy in the bullpen tonight or Wednesday, that may be an indication that Doubront would be the man for seven.  Or they both could be in the bullpen and he who is most ready goes in seven.