Garrett Jones Anyone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

Garrett Jones Anyone?

He has been DFA'ed.  Could be a nice addition for cheap money to invite to spring training.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: Garrett Jones Anyone?

Only on a minor league contract as there are already too many corner outfielders and first base candidates on the roster who are as good or better than he is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

MiLB contract - sure, why not?  There is no such thing as a bad minor league contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WHO ????   As DAD would say .................  "SON, what is Mr. JONES's claim to fame" !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

As a fall back to a fall back option of picking up Corey Hart for a player who can man first and right field, I can see this as a low risk move for the Sox.  They could certainly sign him to a minor league deal as I don't see many people banging his door down, but he does show some home run pop.  I like this as a depth move only as a back up to first signing Napoli and then signing Corey Hart.