Garza staying in Chicago?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Garza staying in Chicago?

WEEI

According to a report from Peter Gammons, Cubs general manager Jim Hendry has “no interest” in dealing starting pitchers Matt Garza or Ryan Dempster before the July 31 deadline.

“Jim Hendry has no interest in trading Dempster or Garza during season,” Gammons wrote on Sunday.

With the back injury  to Clay Buchholz and the struggles of John Lackey and Andrew Miller, Garza has been the subject of trade rumors to Boston. The right-hander is 4-7 with a 3.97 ERA this season. Dempster is 7-6 with an ERA of 4.68.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Re: Garza staying in Chicago?

Oh well, if Peter Gammons said it, then it must be true! Can Mikey Adams' take on this be far behind?
    The Cubs are a mess, and would listen to ANY offers for any of their players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Cubs will listen for an offer that will help their club for the 2012 season and beyond.

Garza would be a great addition to the Red Sox. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I'm not a huge Garza fan (he's okay, but not worth trading good prospects for).  Seems to me he had one good, not great year, and a very good playoff run in Tampa's pennent winning year.  I thought, after pitching well in the AL East he would eat up national league lineups - but not so far.  For the money, I'd keep running Miller, Wake, and Aceves out there as spot starters if needbe.  Now, if a really good starter were available (doubful) I'd consider trading prospects, but he'd have to be a number three or better.  We have plenty of options for numbers 4 and 5 starters.  They may not be terrific pitchers, but name me a lights out 4 or 5 starter.  Ours are as good as anyone elses, and once the playoffs start, we only need to be three deep.  We'll be okay barring a long term Beckett, Buch, or Lester injury.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

In Response to Re: Garza staying in Chicago?:
    [QUOTE]I'm not a huge Garza fan (he's okay, but not worth trading good prospects for).  Seems to me he had one good, not great year, and a very good playoff run in Tampa's pennent winning year.  I thought, after pitching well in the AL East he would eat up national league lineups - but not so far.  For the money, I'd keep running Miller, Wake, and Aceves out there as spot starters if needbe.  Now, if a really good starter were available (doubful) I'd consider trading prospects, but he'd have to be a number three or better.  We have plenty of options for numbers 4 and 5 starters.  They may not be terrific pitchers, but name me a lights out 4 or 5 starter.  Ours are as good as anyone elses, and once the playoffs start, we only need to be three deep.  We'll be okay barring a long term Beckett, Buch, or Lester injury.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

Didn't they change the format to force teams to use 4 starters during the playoffs after all the complaining after '09 with the Yanks getting by on 3 starters?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Babe:  not to my recollection, but then again I don't recall as good as I use to - LOL:)