Getting past all the DRAMA, this all could have been avoided if...........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Getting past all the DRAMA, this all could have been avoided if...........

The pitching staff deployed the time & tested "purpose pitch" !!!!   I mean, as Dad would say ........  "Son, how do you go from a score of 9-1 to 9 -15 in  3 innings" ??????   HELLO   !!!!!!!!!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Getting past all the DRAMA, this all could have been avoided if...........

Didn't know that Tito was/is such "CHICK MAGNET", or was that "CHICKEN MAN" !!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

So they called Lars Anderson up today.....  Been playing some outfield of late.......  I would like to see his bat for a stretch !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Getting past all the DRAMA, this all could have been avoided if...........:
    [QUOTE]So they called Lars Anderson up today.....  Been playing some outfield of late.......  I would like to see his bat for a stretch !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]I'd rather see Middlebrooks'. But your point about seeing a purpose pitch once in a while is a fair one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i haven't heard anything on youk after he was taken out of the game yesterday when HBP. anyone have any info???

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Getting past all the DRAMA, this all could have been avoided if...........:
    [QUOTE]i haven't heard anything on youk after he was taken out of the game yesterday when HBP. anyone have any info???
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]Abraham says he would have been in tonight's lineup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Getting past all the DRAMA, this all could have been avoided if........... : the way he's playing lately, does it matter?
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

you cant play better if you don't PLAY. I'm glad it was nothing serious, we can't afford another injury to anybody.. even if RSN has turned on him

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

They got rid of Theo, just like you, softy, and dad wanted.
    They got rid of Tito, just like you and dad wanted.
    They got rid of Vtek, just like the 3 of you wanted.
    They got rid of Wake, just like the 3 of you wanted.

You got what you wanted, and now you want more.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]They got rid of Theo, just like you, softy, and dad wanted. They got rid of Tito, just like you and dad wanted. They got rid of Vtek, just like the 3 of you wanted. They got rid of Wake, just like the 3 of you wanted. You got what you wanted, and now you want more.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

And now that the bullpen can't hold a 9-run lead, the cry is "Why did we let Papelbon go?" 

Nobody wanted this guy at closer in 2010, and insisted he be run out of town fast to clear the closer role for the younger, cheaper Bard and his radar gun readings.  Suddenly he is a popular man in town, again...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]They got rid of Theo, just like you, softy, and dad wanted. They got rid of Tito, just like you and dad wanted. They got rid of Vtek, just like the 3 of you wanted. They got rid of Wake, just like the 3 of you wanted. You got what you wanted, and now you want more.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]Thats goooood moonman.... Another one who wants to re-write history....... You seem to forget, I was a big Theo & Tito guy who understood the + & - of each man...... Yes, Theo had to go because the BAD CONTRACTS caught up with him in the end.... Tito also had to go because he lost the clubhouse.   Im in favor of giving Bobby V. a chance because he is a good baseball man and the clubhouse needed a different voice. However, the front office as constructed (LUCCAINO's & BEN C.) ARE THE ONES THAT DROPPED THE BALL as they did nothing about purging the toxic culture in the clubhouse. The inmates are in charge.... Not to mention, that the players that Ben has given Bobby wouldn't make a sunday morning Boston barroom team !!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

This could have all been avoided, I honestly think, by dealing beckett in the off season. He has shown to have the most toxic attitude in the clubhouse, and it's been reported how much of a leader he is with the pitching staff. He pitched well for MOST of the year, and he could have been dealt for a fair offer. Not only getting rid of the cancer, they could have used his money elsewhere (CJ WILSON MAYBE!!!!).

But no, they got rid of people around the problem, and...I don't know, expected the cancer to put itself in remission? He had a bad attitude at the end of last season and didn't commit himself as a professional should. He carried that bad attitude into the offseason, and added in a little etitlement as well with commnets like "I have other things going on, if you can't respect that, e f f you." He STILL carried that ALL OFFSEASON, into spring training, and added a combative nature talking about "finding the snitch". Getting rid of him, and sending that message to the REST of the clubhouse would have gotten the point across. But they didn't. Instead they dumped one of the most liked, hardest working, most professional players in Scutaro to save a few dollars. They didn't just make this bed, they carved the wood for the frame, attached the hardware, spun the cotton for the sheets, dyed the blankets, stuffed the pillows, made the springs for the matress and padded the h e l l out of it...THEN made it. Now they're sleeping in it. Good luck.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]This could have all been avoided, I honestly think, by dealing beckett in the off season. He has shown to have the most toxic attitude in the clubhouse, and it's been reported how much of a leader he is with the pitching staff. He pitched well for MOST of the year, and he could have been dealt for a fair offer. Not only getting rid of the cancer, they could have used his money elsewhere (CJ WILSON MAYBE!!!!). But no, they got rid of people around the problem, and...I don't know, expected the cancer to put itself in remission? He had a bad attitude at the end of last season and didn't commit himself as a professional should. He carried that bad attitude into the offseason, and added in a little etitlement as well with commnets like "I have other things going on, if you can't respect that, e f f you." He STILL carried that ALL OFFSEASON, into spring training, and added a combative nature talking about "finding the snitch". Getting rid of him, and sending that message to the REST of the clubhouse would have gotten the point across. But they didn't. Instead they dumped one of the most liked, hardest working, most professional players in Scutaro to save a few dollars. They didn't just make this bed, they carved the wood for the frame, attached the hardware, spun the cotton for the sheets, dyed the blankets, stuffed the pillows, made the springs for the matress and padded the h e l l out of it...THEN made it. Now they're sleeping in it. Good luck.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]  And that Son, Is a BINGO !!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

CJ Wilson would have wilted as the #1 here. Beckett should be traded, and I hope he continues to pitch well so somebody that is headed to the play-offs will give the Sox something decent in return.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Bill-806, Harv53, and Akibi-Ike have been right about everything. I suggest that the three of them join forces and write a baseball column for the Pensacola News Journal. I love their blogs on boci ball,  shuffleboard, and old Navy memories.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Getting past all the DRAMA, this all could have been avoided if........... : And now that the bullpen can't hold a 9-run lead, the cry is "Why did we let Papelbon go?"  Nobody wanted this guy at closer in 2010, and insisted he be run out of town fast to clear the closer role for the younger, cheaper Bard and his radar gun readings.  Suddenly he is a popular man in town, again...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Everything from a fans standpoint is reactionary. Not being a Sox fan, I thought my logic made some bit of sense since I had no ownership of it as a fan. And my opinion now remains as it has for the last two years when Paps pending F.A. first reared its head on this forum. I thought the Sox should have made an attempt to resign him before this happened with a reasonable increase which both sides could have lived with. Yeah, I know he is not the Paps of several years ago and he had a couple of miscues at the end of last year. But for my money as a gambler, I would usually bank his appearances in the plus column with minimal sweat. And that reassurance out of the closer spot should never be overlooked.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Bill-806, Harv53, and Akibi-Ike have been right about everything. I suggest that the three of them join forces and write a baseball column for the Pensacola News Journal. I love their blogs on boci ball,  shuffleboard, and old Navy memories.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE] Ya think ??????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Getting past all the DRAMA, this all could have been avoided if........... : And now that the bullpen can't hold a 9-run lead, the cry is "Why did we let Papelbon go?"  Nobody wanted this guy at closer in 2010, and insisted he be run out of town fast to clear the closer role for the younger, cheaper Bard and his radar gun readings.  Suddenly he is a popular man in town, again...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Well, this would have been a nice debate if they had stuck with that plan and given Bard the closer spot, for better or for worse.  But, the screwed the pooch with this little starter experiment, which, along with doing nothing to solidify the rotation (even if Bard succeeds, what happens when he reaches the no-mans land of 150 innings in the dog days of summer), but it made the pen an even bigger question mark than it already was.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i said it before and i'll say it again, the art of pitching inside is completely lost on this staff.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Blaaaaaaaaaaaarg!!!! I am so sick of hearing people link letting Paps go or the Bard-SP experiment for the complete BP meltdown of 2012 ... or at least the first 14 games of 2012, anyway.  Yes, this would be a better team with Paps as closer ... assuming you don't subtract anything to offset that cost which is the first warning sign of a reactionary thought process.  Does anyone think that adding ONE solid arm to the pen magically changes everything?  The current situation is due to losing the top THREE arms in the pen ... THE TOP THREE PEN ARMS GONE!!! Two lost to ineffectiveness and one to an injury that can not really be attributed to the FO.  

Imagine for a moment that we only lost one of our top three RP's and everything else remains the same.  Let's say Aceves was sporting an ERA of 3-4 and Melancon was about the same.  This isn't exactly a rosy scenario since we still lost our presumptive closer to start the season and most of the starters have had at least one ugly outing.  The Sox would probably be 7-7 which isn't too shabby considering who they were playing and all the other problems.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]Blaaaaaaaaaaaarg!!!! I am so sick of hearing people link letting Paps go or the Bard-SP experiment for the complete BP meltdown of 2012 ... or at least the first 14 games of 2012, anyway.  Yes, this would be a better team with Paps as closer ... assuming you don't subtract anything to offset that cost which is the first warning sign of a reactionary thought process.  Does anyone think that adding ONE solid arm to the pen magically changes everything?  The current situation is due to losing the top THREE arms in the pen ... THE TOP THREE PEN ARMS GONE!!! Two lost to ineffectiveness and one to an injury that can not really be attributed to the FO.   Imagine for a moment that we only lost one of our top three RP's and everything else remains the same.  Let's say Aceves was sporting an ERA of 3-4 and Melancon was about the same.  This isn't exactly a rosy scenario since we still lost our presumptive closer to start the season and most of the starters have had at least one ugly outing.  The Sox would probably be 7-7 which isn't too shabby considering who they were playing and all the other problems.
    Posted by 111SoxFan111[/QUOTE]

Great post. It seems that many here were content with Aceves, Bard, and Melancon in the bullpen. We heard the same whiners complaining about inadequate backup plans two years ago when 19 Sox including 4 position players went onto the DL. Those whiners then wanted to trade for 10 players of equal value at the trading deadline.