Giambi Juice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Giambi Juice

Jason Giambi is having a resurgence this year.  He's batting 264 and his slugging percentage is an incredible .625.  His slugging percentage hasn't been this high since 2001 when he was with the A's. 

His slugging percentage is higher now that it was during his admitted steroid years with the Yankees.

His slugging percentage is better than AGon and he's htting homers at the same pace as AGon (16 in 77 games compered to 8 in 35 games). 

It's nice to see a 40 year old have a late career resurgence.

I wonder what his secret is.  He hasn't made any trips to the Dominican lately has he?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Giambi Juice

In Response to Giambi Juice:
    [QUOTE]Jason Giambi is having a resurgence this year.  He's batting 264 and his slugging percentage is an incredible .625.  His slugging percentage hasn't been this high since 2001 when he was with the A's.  His slugging percentage is higher now that it was during his admitted steroid years with the Yankees. His slugging percentage is better than AGon and he's htting homers at the same pace as AGon (16 in 77 games compered to 8 in 35 games).  It's nice to see a 40 year old have a late career resurgence. I wonder what his secret is.  He hasn't made any trips to the Dominican lately has he?
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

It helps when you're not a starter. A player stays fresh. You just proved you're not very informed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]Jason Giambi is having a resurgence this year.  He's batting 264 and his slugging percentage is an incredible .625.  His slugging percentage hasn't been this high since 2001 when he was with the A's.  His slugging percentage is higher now that it was during his admitted steroid years with the Yankees. His slugging percentage is better than AGon and he's htting homers at the same pace as AGon (16 in 77 games compered to 8 in 35 games).  It's nice to see a 40 year old have a late career resurgence. I wonder what his secret is.  He hasn't made any trips to the Dominican lately has he?

during his admitted steroid years with the Yankees

I don't recall that ever happening

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

Funny I was thinking the same thing about Ortiz.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: Giambi Juice:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Giambi Juice : [QUOTE]Jason Giambi is having a resurgence this year.  He's batting 264 and his slugging percentage is an incredible .625.  His slugging percentage hasn't been this high since 2001 when he was with the A's.  His slugging percentage is higher now that it was during his admitted steroid years with the Yankees. His slugging percentage is better than AGon and he's htting homers at the same pace as AGon (16 in 77 games compered to 8 in 35 games).  It's nice to see a 40 year old have a late career resurgence. I wonder what his secret is.  He hasn't made any trips to the Dominican lately has he? Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE ] during his admitted steroid years with the Yankees I don't recall that ever happening
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

You don't remember this Zac?

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/11/sports/baseball/11giambi.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Giambi Juice : [QUOTE]Jason Giambi is having a resurgence this year.  He's batting 264 and his slugging percentage is an incredible .625.  His slugging percentage hasn't been this high since 2001 when he was with the A's.  His slugging percentage is higher now that it was during his admitted steroid years with the Yankees. His slugging percentage is better than AGon and he's htting homers at the same pace as AGon (16 in 77 games compered to 8 in 35 games).  It's nice to see a 40 year old have a late career resurgence. I wonder what his secret is.  He hasn't made any trips to the Dominican lately has he? Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE ] during his admitted steroid years with the Yankees I don't recall that ever happening
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Giambi and David are pretty good comparisons.  Both could have been juiced earlier on in their careers but really didn't need to.  They are both capable of putting up big numbers if they just concentrate on the game.  The difference I see in Papi this season is more focus/patience and a quicker bat.  The last couple of seasons Papi was swinging at bad pitches and right through a good fastball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : Giambi and David are pretty good comparisons.  Both could have been juiced earlier on in their careers but really didn't need to.  They are both capable of putting up big numbers if they just concentrate on the game.  The difference I see in Papi this season is more focus/patience and a quicker bat.  The last couple of seasons Papi was swinging at bad pitches and right through a good fastball.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

This is partly true. But, how do you get a quicker bat at his age?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Giambi Juice : It helps when you're not a starter. A player stays fresh. You just proved you're not very informed.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I'm not informed????

Last year, he had 176 at bats in 87 games and hit 9 home runs.  That's 2 at bats per game and 1 home run every 20 at bats.

This year, he's had 72 at bats in 35 games and hit 8 home runs.  That's 2 at bats per game and 1 home run every 9 at bats. 

My point is that a lot players seem to be having a resurgence in their careers.  Either they've found a fountain of youth, the league isn't effectively testing for PEDS, or they're using a PED that is undetectable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Right. First of all, last yr's #s was nothing to sneeze at. As far as this yr is concerned, when you're hot, and only have 60 ABs, the stats are volatile; I assume you're fairly proficient in math. Finally, when Giambi was in his last season or two playing every day, his #s weren't even close, compared to either yr; which for the most part proves my point. As far as undetectable PEDs are concerned; I agree in general that's likely out there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Giambi was part of a major conspiracy orchestrated by Henry, Lucchino and Epstein.

This is a very, very confidental secret  known by only 5 people still living.

I am one of them....and I am currently living on a ranch in Guatamala under witness protection.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]Giambi was part of a major conspiracy orchestrated by Henry, Lucchino and Epstein. This is a very, very confidental secret  known by only 5 people still living. I am one of them....and I am currently living on a ranch in Guatamala under witness protection.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

You would be kinda hard to hide, Zilla.

Are you posing as a giant green cow?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]Right. First of all, last yr's #s was nothing to sneeze at. As far as this yr is concerned, when you're hot, and only have 60 ABs, the stats are volatile; I assume you're fairly proficient in math. Finally, when Giambi was in his last season or two playing every day, his #s weren't even close, compared to either yr; which for the most part proves my point. As far as undetectable PEDs are concerned; I agree in general that's likely out there.

Giambi's numbers fell off that face of the earth when he stopped taking peds.  This year, we are seeing a resurgence in his power at the age of 40.

People don't get physically stronger or quicker and their eye sight doesn't improve as the enter middle age.  Doesn't happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The--Babe----. Show ---The--Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : Giambi's numbers fell off that face of the earth when he stopped taking peds.  This year, we are seeing a resurgence in his power at the age of 40. People don't get physically stronger or quicker and their eye sight doesn't improve as the enter middle age.  Doesn't happen.

LOL...you could almost have been talking about big papi

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

What about Jack LaLane?

I think he swam San Francisco Bay or something at 70 years old.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : Giambi's numbers fell off that face of the earth when he stopped taking peds.  This year, we are seeing a resurgence in his power at the age of 40. People don't get physically stronger or quicker and their eye sight doesn't improve as the enter middle age.  Doesn't happen.

I don't agree it's PED related, not that it's impossible. As far as your other comment, that's true in general, but you're stereotyping; Like an Indian Summer weather pattern, there can be twilight resurgences, and can involve adjustments in hitting mechanics and eyewear, recovery from injuries, change in scenery, & other factors. See Ted Williams, Stan Musial, Ty Cobb, Darrell Evans, Yaz, Willie McCovey, & Willie Stargell for examples.

In Giambi's case, it doesn't hurt where he's now playing, and playing less.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : I'm not informed???? Last year, he had 176 at bats in 87 games and hit 9 home runs.  That's 2 at bats per game and 1 home run every 20 at bats. This year, he's had 72 at bats in 35 games and hit 8 home runs.  That's 2 at bats per game and 1 home run every 9 at bats.   My point is that a lot players seem to be having a resurgence in their careers.  Either they've found a fountain of youth, the league isn't effectively testing for PEDS, or they're using a PED that is undetectable.

Offensive numbers are trending down to pre-steroid numbers. The drug testing is doing it's job and for every player who is out performing his expectations I'll give you at least two who offensivly have fallen off a cliff. the Sox have Drew, the Yanks Posada and Swisher, the Blue Jays Hill, Dunn of the WS, Ichoro in Seattle. I believe there is at least 4 teams in the NL averaging less than 4 runs a game. I'm not a fan of Bud Selig but this is one thing he has gotten right, even if it took a long time for him to see the light.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : This is partly true. But, how do you get a quicker bat at his age?

Can't explain Papi's quicker bat but he is definately getting around on pitches blown right by him last season.

Focus/better anticipation?  Who knows

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Papi had a good year last year, just FYI.  30+ homers is nothing to laugh at.   He had wrist surgery and was recovering before that.  It is not inconceiveable his wrist got better.   Maybe David does/did do steroids, who knows.  Personally he should be in a lot better shape if he does. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : You don't remember this Zac? http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/11/sports/baseball/11giambi.html
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

I just didn't remember this part mr mojo

According to The Chronicle, Giambi said he stopped taking steroids at the All-Star Game break in 2003

I was thinking all that balco stuff was while he was with the A's

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : Can't explain Papi's quicker bat but he is definately getting around on pitches blown right by him last season. Focus/better anticipation?  Who knows
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]
      A big part of Papi's sucess is that he is going to left again which doesn't require a quicker bat, just a little more patience in his swing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

The orgainzed crime group called the MLBPA refuses to allow blood testing to detect the favorite PED of today, Human Growth Hormone. Only track and field and the olympic committee sanctioned events, cycling, and a few lower popularity sports have blood testing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]The orgainzed crime group called the MLBPA refuses to allow blood testing to detect the favorite PED of today, Human Growth Hormone. Only track and field and the olympic committee sanctioned events, cycling, and a few lower popularity sports have blood testing.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry at this time the numbers just don't support your arguement.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

so let me explain it in simly terms for some of you that don't get it.  THe sox players that have good seasons later in their career is because of better health and more experience.  The  yankees and ex yankees that have better years later in their careers is because of steroids. The evidence is overwelming.  Proof is proof.  the empire is falling, look out below.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]The orgainzed crime group called the MLBPA refuses to allow blood testing to detect the favorite PED of today, Human Growth Hormone. Only track and field and the olympic committee sanctioned events, cycling, and a few lower popularity sports have blood testing.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

Why are you blaming the MLBPA?  Do you really think the GM, the owners or TV wants to put an end to PEDs?  PEDs are good for the MLB.  The players are better.  We get to see more outstanding performances.

The one player on the Red Sox (all of baseball?) that I'm confident isn't on PEDs is JD Drew.  How many Red Sox Fans would be upset if Drew experienced a resurgence and saw his BA rise to .280 and his slugging PCT in the low 500s?

We all want to take PEDs.  We just don't want to know about it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

I don't really think anyone has anything to do with your decision to come to work taking PED"s, except you. What do GM's and owners have to do with your decision to take PED's. Nothing!

No, we all don't want to take PED's. Nor do we all "not want to know about it".

I'm sorry at this time the numbers just don't support your arguement.

Before it took the threat of an act of Congress to force the MLBPA to accept urine testing for steroids, the numbers supported the argument that Bonds' head wasn't swollen like his homerun totals.