Gomes is awful

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Gomes is awful

Does he have a hit yet? Cubhouse presence or no, send him down - he can't hit!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Re: Gomes is awful

yup, carp should have been starting, gomes is down right  terrible, should have been pinch hit for with the bases loaded. buy hey lets keep starting him and his .167 average. cant field and cant hit, what is gomes good for? oh right hes a good clubhouse guy. that makes up for him being a failure of a baseball player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

yup, carp should have been starting, gomes is down right  terrible, should have been pinch hit for with the bases loaded. buy hey lets keep starting him and his .167 average. cant field and cant hit, what is gomes good for? oh right hes a good clubhouse guy. that makes up for him being a failure of a baseball player.

Yup, I'm sorry we had men on 2nd & 3rd as I'd rather have had Nava hitting .333 hit with men on 1st & 2nd than having them walk Nava.  We could have blown them out as we were leading 3-1 but, alas, it's now 3-2. We need some breathing room runs !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Gomes is better than he has shown so far. I don't know why he started against the righthander tonight, though.  Thought sure it would be Carp. Hard to figure what Farrell was thinking.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

I don't see the logic in having a DH that can't hit his weight ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Gomes is being over exposed because he is being forced to hit lefties. However is OBP was 433 heading in the game. That is really good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to jader's comment:

Does he have a hit yet? Cubhouse presence or no, send him down - he can't hit!

Has Not Played Much......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Gomes is being over exposed because he is being forced to hit lefties. However is OBP was 433 heading in the game. That is really good.

I think you meant to write "righties", Joe.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Amazing that the Sox win six in a row and posters search for something to gripe about.  I guess the Red Sox should be pummeling their competition in every game. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

However is OBP was 433 heading in the game. That is really good.

Knock it off! Gomes was brought in to slug, not get on base! He's a platoon bench guy, but at least he's not pulling an S. Drew.

so getting on base is a bad thing??...........

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

However is OBP was 433 heading in the game. That is really good.

Knock it off! Gomes was brought in to slug, not get on base! He's a platoon bench guy, but at least he's not pulling an S. Drew.

No wasn't he was brought in for his on base. He was signed as a reaction to the Bobby V's we don't walk squad.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Yes, when you being paid 5 million a year and you have a slugging and BA that would embarrass every veteran MLB player but the great S. Drew.

got it. getting on base is a bad thing. another nugget of wisdom from softy the magnificent..

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Bradley has a higher OBP than S. Drew. Also, the 2nd coming of Ted Williams, who is leading off and whose job is getting on base, has an OBP of .306.

I like how Gomes defenders are clinging to a sinking OBP for a guy paid 5 million a year to slug.

"Let's talk after 162 games". I think some clown just said that.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.