Gomes is awful

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Re: Gomes is awful

not sure what farrell was thinking either, righty on the mound. carp coming off a big game, gomes not hitting his weight, pretty easy choice, yet farrell still sticks with gomes. funny thing is carp eventually pinch hit for gomes and got an rbi single. one more stat, gomes has play 11 games, has 4 hits , 1 extra base hit, carp has 2 games worth of at bats, has 4 hits and 3 extra base hits. once ortiz gets back carp should start in LF :

ellsbury

pedoria

napoli

ortiz

middlebrooks

victorino

carp

salty 

drew

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

On a team with a .333 OBP, I think playing Gomes (especially vs LHPs) makes a lot of sense.

Team OBP leaders:

Iggy  .476 (in AAA)

Nava  .435 (supposed to platoon this year)

Pedey .412

GOMES .394

SV  .388

Ciri .333

Salty .318

Ells   .306

Naps .273

JBJ  .263

Ross  .250

(Carp is at .574 in just 7 PAs)

Who should be playing instead of Gomes?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

people finding things to whine about on a 6 game winning streak...ah, trolls are all around us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Bradley has a higher OBP than S. Drew. Also, the 2nd coming of Ted Williams, who is leading off and whose job is getting on base, has an OBP of .306.

I like how Gomes defenders are clinging to a sinking OBP for a guy paid 5 million a year to slug.

You are being a fool again. He was signed because he kills lefties and draws walks. The struggles of Bradley forced Gomes into playing everyday. You are being jealous of player's salaries again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

On a team with a .333 OBP, I think playing Gomes (especially vs LHPs) makes a lot of sense.

Team OBP leaders:

Iggy  .476 (in AAA)

Nava  .435 (supposed to platoon this year)

Pedey .412

GOMES .394

SV  .388

Ciri .333

Salty .318

Ells   .306

Naps .273

JBJ  .263

Ross  .250

(Carp is at .574 in just 7 PAs)

Who should be playing instead of Gomes?

You should update Iglesias's number to reflect his struggles in AAA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to jader's comment:

Does he have a hit yet? Cubhouse presence or no, send him down - he can't hit!

So youre going with less than 30 at bats as opposed to the guys whole career.

Makes sense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

yup, carp should have been starting, gomes is down right  terrible, should have been pinch hit for with the bases loaded. buy hey lets keep starting him and his .167 average. cant field and cant hit, what is gomes good for? oh right hes a good clubhouse guy. that makes up for him being a failure of a baseball player.

He might not be doing much right now but he isn't the suckiest hitter on this team that honor belongs to Stephanie Drew! .049 would be an impressive ERA but not an impressive BA!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to jader's comment:

Does he have a hit yet? Cubhouse presence or no, send him down - he can't hit!

I know what you mean  But if Gomes was AWFUL he wouldn't be in the Majors. You just upset with his slow start and lack of playing time. iF HITTING A BASEBALL was so easy we would all be rich.We would all love to be awful , stink, no good, can't play baseball and still wear a uniform. Life is not bad for pro ballplayers only bad for people who have to worry about someone being awful but who is really not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Getting on base at .394 rate is good enough for me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Getting on base at .394 rate is good enough for me.

The OP doesnt need this kind of factual information to "rain on his parade"

how dare you inject facts into the discussion...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Bradley has a higher OBP than S. Drew. Also, the 2nd coming of Ted Williams, who is leading off and whose job is getting on base, has an OBP of .306.

I like how Gomes defenders are clinging to a sinking OBP for a guy paid 5 million a year to slug.

Why no comments about the only nonrookie player that I've ever seen you say you like...WMB. You love to rag on all current and past players but I never see you post about players (on the sox) that you like. Pick a few players so that we all can rag on them game by game like you do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to stillallbost08's comment:

Why no comments about the only nonrookie player that I've ever seen you say you like...WMB. You love to rag on all current and past players but I never see you post about players (on the sox) that you like. Pick a few players so that we all can rag on them game by game like you do.

He'll invent some position he never held, like "I said he would struggle this year".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In response to stillallbost08's comment:

He'll invent some position he never held, like "I said he would struggle this year".

probably...and still won't talk about players he does like (if there are any)