GONZALEZ'S BAD SHOULDER IS IT A MAJOR CONCERN?.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosox2480. Show bosox2480's posts

GONZALEZ'S BAD SHOULDER IS IT A MAJOR CONCERN?.

GONZALEZ HAS BEEN RUMORED BY REPORTERS THAT HIS SURGRY REPAIRD SHOULDER IS BECOME WEAK,DRAING OF SOME OF HIS POWER. THIS IS A BAD TIME FOR THAT TO BE HAPPENING NOW. THE SOX HAVE PLENTY OF OTHER PROBLEMS TO RECOVER FROM. ALSO DOES THIS POSSIBLY MEAN HE WILL NEED SURGRY AGAIN IN THE OFF SEASON. WE HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM IF GONZO
    IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO HAVE A BAD SHOULDER AT THE END OF EACH YEAR.
     IF THE SOX CONTINUE TO HAVE TROUBLE TURNING CARL CRAFORD AROUND NEXT YEAR,AND GONZO WITH HIS SHOULDER. THIS COULD CRIPPLE THE SOX
    CONSIDERING THE MONEY THESE TWO MAKE. YOUR THOUGHTS?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: GONZALEZ'S BAD SHOULDER IS IT A MAJOR CONCERN?.

At least Theo isn't concerned about his shoulder.

He bet the farm on it - literally it.  Plus another $160 million dollars to boot.

And don't be fooled by his season stats; there has been a sharp contrast between the first half of the season and the second half in terms of AG's offensive production.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THE FALL OF ROME !!!   $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

The real questions is, why did he participate in the HR hitting contest at the All Star break when he was coming off a surgically repaired shoulder ?    Theo / Francona should have strongly advised against it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It could be the descention of an Empire

If the Sox start printing their own fiat currency we'll know for sure

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: GONZALEZ'S BAD SHOULDER IS IT A MAJOR CONCERN?.:
    [QUOTE]The real questions is, why did he participate in the HR hitting contest at the All Star break when he was coming off a surgically repaired shoulder ?    Theo / Francona should have strongly advised against it.
    Posted by Diamondtalk[/QUOTE]  B I N G O  !!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Especially when the "politically active" Adrian Gonzalez said he wouldn't participate in the AS game since it was in Arizona and since he didn't approve of the state's policies towards Mexican immigrants.  Right or wrong it would have benefited us if Adrian Gonzalez were consistent with his political agenda.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

If the reason for his recent decline is the sore shoulder then he has to sit and Lars Anderson has to play. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

In Response to GONZALEZ'S BAD SHOULDER IS IT A MAJOR CONCERN?.:
    [QUOTE] GONZALEZ HAS BEEN RUMORED BY REPORTERS THAT HIS SURGRY REPAIRD SHOULDER IS BECOME WEAK,DRAING OF SOME OF HIS POWER. THIS IS A BAD TIME FOR THAT TO BE HAPPENING NOW. THE SOX HAVE PLENTY OF OTHER PROBLEMS TO RECOVER FROM. ALSO DOES THIS POSSIBLY MEAN HE WILL NEED SURGRY AGAIN IN THE OFF SEASON. WE HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM IF GONZO IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO HAVE A BAD SHOULDER AT THE END OF EACH YEAR.  IF THE SOX CONTINUE TO HAVE TROUBLE TURNING CARL CRAFORD AROUND NEXT YEAR,AND GONZO WITH HIS SHOULDER. THIS COULD CRIPPLE THE SOX CONSIDERING THE MONEY THESE TWO MAKE. YOUR THOUGHTS?
    Posted by bosox2480[/QUOTE]

My thoughts are that I hope that surgery is not necessary and that rehab will be sufficient. I don't have any scapegoats to blame for the injury.

I also hope that Carl Crawford returns to form next season. Players often have atypical seasons.

The money paid to these two players has no correlation to the injury or poor season. Can't understand why you would that it does.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I totally agree with the point of why oh why did he participate in the home run derby, if he has a tweaked shoulder? Just seems stupid, really. Yes, I am concerned. What if he has surgery? Didn't he already have surgery last off-season? This could become a nagging, every year issue, just like Buch's back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]I totally agree with the point of why oh why did he participate in the home run derby, if he has a tweaked shoulder? Just seems stupid, really. Yes, I am concerned. What if he has surgery? Didn't he already have surgery last off-season? This could become a nagging, every year issue, just like Buch's back.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Since we don't have medical degrees then I guess that we will just have to be optimistic instead of speculate about the worst case scenarios.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

FWIW

Adrian Gonzalez insists surgically repaired right shoulder is ‘fine’
    After today’s game, Adrian Gonzalez shrugged off a report from FoxSports’ Ken Rosenthal that he has been experiencing weakness in his surgically repaired right shoulder, sapping him of his opposite-field power.

Asked how he feels, Gonzalez replied, “Fine,” and noted that most players deal with nagging health issues late in the season.

If anything, Gonzalez (Herald photo by Chris Evans) expressed disappointment with his pitch selection and plate discipline. He is 4-for-24 (.167) with two homers and five RBI in his last eight games, including 0-for-2 with two walks and two strikeouts in today’s 4-3 loss to the Rays. Gonzalez struck out in the eighth inning against lefty Matt Moore, entrusted to pitch three innings in his second major-league appearance.

“We’re, well, I shouldn’t say we are, but personally, I’m swinging at pitches I shouldn’t be swinging at,” Gonzalez said. “I’m not mechanically right and chasing pitches down. I could have walked every at-bat this series so far. I’m just trying to get too overaggressive and trying to make things happen instead of just taking walks.”

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Hard for any player to hit for power without getting the bat on the ball.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]The real questions is, why did he participate in the HR hitting contest at the All Star break when he was coming off a surgically repaired shoulder ?    Theo / Francona should have strongly advised against it.
    Posted by Diamondtalk[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Whether it has affected him or not, it was a monstrously dumb idea for a megabucks MVP candidate coming off shoulder surgery to participate in a home run derby.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think its to be expected for him to have a bit of a tired shoulder after offseason surgery...Im sure its nothing to be overly concerned about...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

No problem at all, because their season is over...there will be no post-season for the Sons of Tito...this will be a monumental collapse, monumental in a team with a storied history of such failures.....a sorry spectacle is this!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

You who think money is unrelated need to get a grip on the real world.  This is a freakin business  and as such money and especially profit is the focal point.  Playoffs and world series means millions of dollars.

As in any business, the employees who work for the boss cannot be friends with the boss.  It just does not work.  It weakens the bosses authority level with all employees and not just the friends.  The RS have a field manager as in boss who befriends his players as in employees.  Same contention - it does not work. 

I expect Gonzalez did not have any problem raising his shoulder with pen in hand to sign his contract and as it turned out alot of money for about a half a season.  I also expect Crawford probably ran to the desk to sign his contract and without any physical ailments but during the season it was a different story.  Even today he's out of a crucial lineup with a stiff neck or whatever - are you kidding me - unbelievable...

Lastly, some fans might believe it would be best if the RS continue to lose their way out of the playoffs and therefore, perhaps and only perhaps the owner's will make some management changes.