Good article about Shane Victorino

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Good article about Shane Victorino

Really good article about Shane Victorino written by Jackie MacMullen.Here's a paragraph and a link to read the whole article:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/9489005/shane-victorino-winning-lifelong-battle

If only they knew how far he's come.

Now that he's a major league ballplayer, a World Series hero, a three-time Gold Glove winner and a two-time All-Star, the narrative of Shane Victorino's life has morphed into something like this: fleet-footed outfielder, battle-tested veteran, welcome addition to the clubhouse.

He's already a Red Sox fan favorite, a whirling dervish of hustle and emotion who hurtles into walls, fences, front-row seats -- anything that stands in the way of catching the ball.

The Flyin' Hawaiian, they call him. Sometimes, when a ball is belted to right field, Victorino knows there's probably no play to be made, that he should just let it go.

But he just can't.

"That's the way I play the game," Victorino said with a shrug, "the only way I know how to play the game."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Good article about Shane Victorino

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Really good article about Shane Victorino written by Jackie MacMullen.Here's a paragraph and a link to read the whole article:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/9489005/shane-victorino-winning-lifelong-battle

If only they knew how far he's come.

Now that he's a major league ballplayer, a World Series hero, a three-time Gold Glove winner and a two-time All-Star, the narrative of Shane Victorino's life has morphed into something like this: fleet-footed outfielder, battle-tested veteran, welcome addition to the clubhouse.

He's already a Red Sox fan favorite, a whirling dervish of hustle and emotion who hurtles into walls, fences, front-row seats -- anything that stands in the way of catching the ball.

The Flyin' Hawaiian, they call him. Sometimes, when a ball is belted to right field, Victorino knows there's probably no play to be made, that he should just let it go.

But he just can't.

"That's the way I play the game," Victorino said with a shrug, "the only way I know how to play the game."

I think he should be called the flying hamstring. Enough already with that Vitorino would run through a wall  crap.... Trying to keep his AZZ on the field is his biggest feat. What a waste if you can't put in a full week on the field.If sitting his AZZ on the bench and he calls it thats just the way i play ...crap again. I think he was seeing a Dominican doctor and now his body, like everyone else who went to that Dominican doctor is starting to break down. Say what you want. Really nice guy ,plays hard and gives his all.It all comes down to it was so much easier when the Doctor was in the house. Thats the way he choose to play the game.Now theres just something missing.....And his body is letting him know......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Good article about Shane Victorino

SMH