Granderson out the door too!!!......to Mets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Granderson out the door too!!!......to Mets

Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson By Steve Adams [December 6 at 10:38am CST]

The Mets have reached an agreement with Curtis Granderson on a four-year deal, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post (on Twitter). Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that it's a four-year, $60MM deal (Twitter link). Granderson is represented by agent Matt Brown of Pro Prospects, Inc.

The Mets emerged as the top suitors for Granderson in previous days but were previously reported to be unwilling to up their offer from three years to four.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: Granderson out the door too!!!......to Mets

not sure Shea CitiField has wiffle ball RF fence.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson By Steve Adams[December 6 at 10:38am CST]

The Mets have reached an agreement with Curtis Granderson on a four-year deal, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post (on Twitter). Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that it's a four-year, $60MM deal (Twitter link). Granderson is represented by agent Matt Brown of Pro Prospects, Inc.

The Mets emerged as the top suitors for Granderson in previous days but were previously reported to be unwilling to up their offer from three years to four.

[/QUOTE]

I'm happy for both mets fans & grandy

but kind of dumb/ or just more bad luck to annouce it the same day

the headlines will be all about cano

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HAHA!!!  Tell me about it Zac!! ....typical Mets......always will be the ugly stepdaughter no matter what.

Great move by the Mets though.  Now that they are reaching the light at the end of the tunnel with the several horrible moves from the past, they may be able to build a pretty solid team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Slash, i think RF remained the same as Shea....if  i recall correctly it's been the RHH's complaining about the dimensions to left/left center...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Not an important thing with Granderson because he hit more HR's on the road the last three years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

feels like Yanks are moving pieces for a bigger headline signing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] It's called pouring salt on the open wound. Sorry Zac the Yankees have been signing guys for years without any of your core players being bought out, not this year!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

not sure about that, then again

uncle geo was all about getting the back page

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

[QUOTE]

Slash, i think RF remained the same as Shea....if  i recall correctly it's been the RHH's complaining about the dimensions to left/left center...

[/QUOTE] tho i am happy to have Granderson stay in NY....i wonder what my Dad would have thought of this one..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

It's called pouring salt on the open wound. Sorry Zac the Yankees have been signing guys for years without any of your core players being bought out, not this year!!!!!

thing is they never gave grandy an offer

and replaced him with ells

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A bigger headline signing than Ellsbury going to the Yankees or Cano leaving town?  I can't wait to see what that might be! Are the Detroit or St. Louis pitching staffs available??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

It's called pouring salt on the open wound. Sorry Zac the Yankees have been signing guys for years without any of your core players being bought out, not this year!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

The Yankees have 5 outfielders under contract in Wells, Soriano, Ellsbury, Ichiro & Gardner.  They will obviously have to trade or release someone as it is, which is why I can't see them giving 100+ million to Choo.  The Yankees aren't even close to done this off season, though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

The Yankees have 5 outfielders under contract in Wells, Soriano, Ellsbury, Ichiro & Gardner.  They will obviously have to trade or release someone as it is, which is why I can't see them giving 100+ million to Choo.  The Yankees aren't even close to done this off season, though.

I agree jasko

while gardner is the one mlb chip they have with value

they could dump wells outright  or trade ichiro  w/cash

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

though they likely can't/wouldn't reach those $$ heights...maybe(and a big maybe) the Mets should have gone in on Cano..or at least explored it...staying here and teaming with guys like Harvey,Wheeler and DWright imo would have been far more appealing than Grungetown..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wells/Soriano are more DH types and with Tex and Jeter not nimble as before they should be getting time in the DH spot.  They should see if Seattle would have interest in bringing ichiro back.  

i think Gardner is solid.  Always liked him.  I keep him and obviously Jacoby.  Wonder if the Yanks would use Soriano at 2B?  

Yanks need pitching.  And then more pitching.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wells/Soriano are more DH types and with Tex and Jeter not nimble as before they should be getting time in the DH spot.  They should see if Seattle would have interest in bringing ichiro back.  

i think Gardner is solid.  Always liked him.  I keep him and obviously Jacoby.  Wonder if the Yanks would use Soriano at 2B?  

Yanks need pitching.  And then more pitching.  

[/QUOTE]

As you mentioned, Soriano & Wells are more "DH types" and at least one of them likely won't be there next year, but Soriano, who is a brutal defender, is definitely not going to 2nd base again.

The Yankees re-signed Kuroda, which will obviously help, and I'm sure they'll sign at least one more starter.  Michael Pineda could finally help them this year as well.  Despite the loss of Cano, I expect the Yankees to field a team that will be in the hunt next year.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Who care.  I never wanted him anyway since he is a lefty!! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

[QUOTE]

I agree jasko

while gardner is the one mlb chip they have with value

they could dump wells outright  or trade ichiro  w/cash

[/QUOTE]

Hey, the Sox will take Gardner off your hands.  Laughing