Great ALCS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Great ALCS

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to scash2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You lost me at " Buck and McCarver are doing a fine job of announcing , the umpires are doing a good job of officiating"

Buck and McCarver are a joke. They are clearly biased. They whined about a called strike on a Tigers hitter for ten minutes the other night. But when the Sox took the same call on the same pitch and it was called a strike, those clowns had nothing to say but praise Tigers pitching. I don't see any point in whining about it. I just hit the mute button now.

And the home plate umpires have been erratic on both teams. There is often little rhyme or reason to the balls and strikes calls. Strikes are balls and balls are strikes. Joe West is a moron. A lot of the calls Sanchez was getting in game 1 were ridiculous.

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

+1 ?  Really? Take a look at the game thread. It has become a travesty.  All you see are " Farrell is an idiot , does not know how to manage." "  The announcers are a joke, they love the Tigers and hate the Red Sox."  " The umpires are not only incompetent , but they are being paid off to fix the games." Meanwhile, there is some terrific baseball being played by two top teams. But we keep getting this childish nonsense. I'm tired of it. Let these guys turn off the sound if that suits them. I will leave the sound on and tune out the game threads. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This has been fun to watch. Clearly the two best teams in the A.L.  Well played, hard played , first rate baseball. Some really great pitching.  All of the drama and suspense you could ask for. Outstanding managing by Farrell and Leland. Contrary to some of the things posted here , Farrell has managed brilliantly, Buck and McCarver are doing a fine job of announcing , the umpires are doing a good job of officiating and the quality of play has been terrific. There really has been a lot to like , and nothing to complain about. Now , just one more win and on to the Fall Classic. We are looking at the third World Series Championship in ten years , and in our lifetimes. Enjoy it all. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, although I've been watching most the games without the sound (not so much out of choice, but because of venue).  What's there to complain about?  These are indeed glorious times for Red Sox Nation.  

[/QUOTE]

Sherriff, you are sooo predictable. When the RS lose, you're nowhere to be found. When they win, you're back in all your glory. I think they call that a pink hatter.

Since the RS are my pick to win the whole thing, here's guessing we'll be seeing more of you.

[/QUOTE]

I hope your prediction comes true and you become sick and tired of this predictible pink hat.  

Pink Red Sox?

[/QUOTE]

Actually, that cap is rather becoming. I'm sure you can tell me where to get one.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure they sell them at Dick's Sporting Goods, but you can get them at Pus_y's.  They will offer you a discount if you bring them a bottle of Yankee's Sour Grapes Whine, Vintage 2013.  

[/QUOTE]

I understand that vineyard got the recipe from a well established one in Boston, with a heritage going back almost a century.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This has been fun to watch. Clearly the two best teams in the A.L.  Well played, hard played , first rate baseball. Some really great pitching.  All of the drama and suspense you could ask for. Outstanding managing by Farrell and Leland. Contrary to some of the things posted here , Farrell has managed brilliantly, Buck and McCarver are doing a fine job of announcing , the umpires are doing a good job of officiating and the quality of play has been terrific. There really has been a lot to like , and nothing to complain about. Now , just one more win and on to the Fall Classic. We are looking at the third World Series Championship in ten years , and in our lifetimes. Enjoy it all. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, although I've been watching most the games without the sound (not so much out of choice, but because of venue).  What's there to complain about?  These are indeed glorious times for Red Sox Nation.  

[/QUOTE]

Sherriff, you are sooo predictable. When the RS lose, you're nowhere to be found. When they win, you're back in all your glory. I think they call that a pink hatter.

Since the RS are my pick to win the whole thing, here's guessing we'll be seeing more of you.

[/QUOTE]

I hope your prediction comes true and you become sick and tired of this predictible pink hat.  

Pink Red Sox?

[/QUOTE]

Actually, that cap is rather becoming. I'm sure you can tell me where to get one.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure they sell them at Dick's Sporting Goods, but you can get them at Pus_y's.  They will offer you a discount if you bring them a bottle of Yankee's Sour Grapes Whine, Vintage 2013.  

[/QUOTE]

I understand that vineyard got the recipe from a well established one in Boston, with a heritage going back almost a century.

[/QUOTE]

Welly well then, that's some very smart rebranding to fit the current times and emerging markets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its been fun. But I think that Farrell has had a bad series. There are many examples of mismanaging: first, not using Berry to pinch run for Bogey instead of WMB. Second, not warming someone up when it became clear that Lester was weakening. Third, having Vic bunt on the first pitch instead of allowing Ells to steal second base. Fourth, using Gomes instead of Nava tonight (unless Nava is hurt). There are other examples in other games. He has not had a good series.

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Nava has pretty numbers but he's the WORST clutch player I have even seen in all my years of following this team. I'll take Gomes anytime over that stiff!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes it is a great series.  Probably one of the best one I have ever witness.  All games are a tight game.  

Farrell is doing a phenomial job managing the game!!  Glad Boston hired him!!

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Right on about Farrell. He has done a masterful job, despite those that do not know the game and criticize him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pink Red Sox?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Welly well then, that's some very smart rebranding to fit the current times and emerging markets.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, Agreed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You lost me at " Buck and McCarver are doing a fine job of announcing , the umpires are doing a good job of officiating"

Buck and McCarver are a joke. They are clearly biased. They whined about a called strike on a Tigers hitter for ten minutes the other night. But when the Sox took the same call on the same pitch and it was called a strike, those clowns had nothing to say but praise Tigers pitching. I don't see any point in whining about it. I just hit the mute button now.

And the home plate umpires have been erratic on both teams. There is often little rhyme or reason to the balls and strikes calls. Strikes are balls and balls are strikes. Joe West is a moron. A lot of the calls Sanchez was getting in game 1 were ridiculous.

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

+1 ?  Really? Take a look at the game thread. It has become a travesty.  All you see are " Farrell is an idiot , does not know how to manage." "  The announcers are a joke, they love the Tigers and hate the Red Sox."  " The umpires are not only incompetent , but they are being paid off to fix the games." Meanwhile, there is some terrific baseball being played by two top teams. But we keep getting this childish nonsense. I'm tired of it. Let these guys turn off the sound if that suits them. I will leave the sound on and tune out the game threads. 

[/QUOTE]

The game threads have always been filled with gloom...I was on last nights and it wasn't as bad as some nights. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

+2

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

Sox are up three games to two and heading home. "Let the good times roll".

In March when the teams were breaking camp to head north, if anyone would have told me the Sox would be within a game of advancing to the WS. Given all of the drama of the previous two years. I'd think we'd all have taken that. Win or lose this has been perhaps the most enjoyable season of baseball since the Idiots of 2004...

Everything the Sox have done this season has been enjoyable. And the postseason in general, National league and American League, has been AMAZING. I've enjoyed every minute of it. Could be because every game counts for the Sox and who they wind up playing, but the games have all been soooo entertaining and nail-biting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In March when the teams were breaking camp to head north, if anyone would have told me the Sox would be within a game of advancing to the WS. Given all of the drama of the previous two years. I'd think we'd all have taken that. Win or lose this has been perhaps the most enjoyable season of baseball since the Idiots of 2004...

[/QUOTE]

Everything the Sox have done this season has been enjoyable. And the postseason in general, National league and American League, has been AMAZING. I've enjoyed every minute of it. Could be because every game counts for the Sox and who they wind up playing, but the games have all been soooo entertaining and nail-biting.

[/QUOTE]

What I said, only you said it better.  Not just the ALCS, the whole postseason has had a lot of great games and moments.  And so far Papi's grandslam is easily the biggest of them all.  I hate myself for saying so, but it's even fun watching Iglesias make those catches.  Of course, I also loved his error in the 9th of game 2.  And right now I'm watching the Dodgers and Cardinals both trying to get just one lousy run on the board. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

This year's playoffs have been a reminder of why these guys make so much money and why we spend so much on it.

For truly engrossing entertainment it's hard to beat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

What I said, only you said it better.  Not just the ALCS, the whole postseason has had a lot of great games and moments.  And so far Papi's grandslam is easily the biggest of them all.  I hate myself for saying so, but it's even fun watching Iglesias make those catches.  Of course, I also loved his error in the 9th of game 2.  And right now I'm watching the Dodgers and Cardinals both trying to get just one lousy run on the board. 

Kind, as usual, Max. :) I said in a post somewhere that I knew from past experience that you can be sick of baseball by the end and not care unless your team is in the game. Then, after the season is over, you miss baseball so much. I decided to watch all the postseason games if/when I could. Now I can't stop watching. It's thrilling. These games are all so fascinating, and you never seem to know what's going to happen. No blowouts -- maybe a few I missed -- but it's been unbelieveably entertaining. This HAS to be the best postseason in at least awhile.

As for the game with Papi's grandslam. I watched it twice already. lol I even watched the baseball channel days after because they had so much about it. IT WAS INCREDIBLE. And unless something unreal happens, THAT will be the best game in 2013, hands down. Probably one of the best postseasons games EVER.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Ooops. Spoke too soon. I think there's a blowout going on right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

All games except one have been decided by one run.  I have to remind myself that it's only a baseball game and I need to breathe.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

DGale: PLease contact JBay. He has a message for you.