Great game for Beckett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Great game for Beckett

7 innings, 9 strikeouts, 0 runs. I'm loving it. I think he was disappointed with that first tiny hit in the fourth, and another little bloop after that, or he probably could've had a no-hitter going. Smile

Btw where's my good friend Geo?  Time for some bootlicking, and I can't think of anyone I'd like to do it with more!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

Re: Great game for Beckett

Give him a bucket of KFC, he can eat it on the podium when he gets his CY Young. For $17 million per season, one would think that this type of performance is expected every other time out. Great game, but what about the last start?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

In Response to Re: Great game for Beckett:
    [QUOTE]Give him a bucket of KFC, he can eat it on the podium when he gets his CY Young. For $17 million per season, one would think that this type of performance is expected every other time out. Great game, but what about the last start?
    Posted by aussiewill2[/QUOTE]
    He did this almost every other time out last season... People just seem to forget it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

This is the perfect time to market him--BenC you've got 5 maybe 6 days before he goes to the mound again---plant those seeds something will grow.

Like Aussie my expectations would be a game like last night or at worst a game keeping your team in the game with always a chance to win every night.

That would be my hope for each member of the staff---that should be their lowest expectation---every 5 or 6 days--I'm providing my best effort in hopes it will be good enough to win or good enough to keep it close for my teammates to have a chance.  They are pros and are pretty well paid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Biggest factor of yesterday's performance? It was his B-Day yesterday.  I find many players who play on their BDays play beyond their ability little bit.  But this can mean fresh start for Beckett.  Stay focused Beckett!!

GO SOX!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]This is the perfect time to market him--BenC you've got 5 maybe 6 days before he goes to the mound again---plant those seeds something will grow. Like Aussie my expectations would be a game like last night or at worst a game keeping your team in the game with always a chance to win every night. That would be my hope for each member of the staff---that should be their lowest expectation---every 5 or 6 days--I'm providing my best effort in hopes it will be good enough to win or good enough to keep it close for my teammates to have a chance.  They are pros and are pretty well paid.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Yeah, wouldn't get too excited about just one game, which is obviously not a "trend". For the amount he gets paid, he not only should perform well consistently but be a MUCH better team leader. "To whom much is given, much is expected." Josh would have to show me a lot more than just a decent outing once in a while for me to change my desire that he be traded, in favor of a player or two who cares ALL the time, like Petey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

A great gm by Josh. The reality is he's suppose to have many gm's like this. He is payed like a #1 so he should pitch like one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Are you watching the same games that I am? I count Beckett this year as having 5 very good games, and 2 very bad games. Both very bad games, while no word mentioned from Beckett, may have been injury related (thumb, back)
    I understand many dont like the guy, but give credit where credit is due. He is a very good pitcher. I agree, he is not top 3-6 in baseball anymore, but he is certainly a very strong #2 in a rotation.  
    And please stop with the salary comments. Zambrano, Zito, Peavy, Burnett, Lowe, Lackey, Dempster are all in the neighborhood of Becketts salary. ($14-$19 mil. Beckett is at $17 mil)
    I believe if the Sox do wish to trade him, the Yankees and Blue Jays, as well as the Orioles to name only 3 are already at the front door wanting him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

If Beckett just shut his mouth and pitched no one would care.  His pitching has always been solid to outstanding.  His mouth and attitude have always been the problem.  I say just pitch and forget the media and answering anymore question to stir the drama up.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

I'll take the win and  good pitching effort, but let's not get to giddy, after all it did pitch against the Seattle Mariners, not exactly a power packed lineup. But still a good starting point, now let Beckett feed off that win and build for the next start.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]If Beckett just shut his mouth and pitched no one would care.  His pitching has always been solid to outstanding.  His mouth and attitude have always been the problem.  I say just pitch and forget the media and answering anymore question to stir the drama up.  
    Posted by Mchampion[/QUOTE]

So true.  He is just so stubborn with the media.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Are you watching the same games that I am? I count Beckett this year as having 5 very good games, and 2 very bad games. Both very bad games, while no word mentioned from Beckett, may have been injury related (thumb, back) I understand many dont like the guy, but give credit where credit is due. He is a very good pitcher. I agree, he is not top 3-6 in baseball anymore, but he is certainly a very strong #2 in a rotation.   And please stop with the salary comments. Zambrano, Zito, Peavy, Burnett, Lowe, Lackey, Dempster are all in the neighborhood of Becketts salary. ($14-$19 mil. Beckett is at $17 mil) I believe if the Sox do wish to trade him, the Yankees and Blue Jays, as well as the Orioles to name only 3 are already at the front door wanting him.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Well said.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

The truth is Beckett never liked the media. And guys who don't like the media are going to get hammered by them in the press when they don't do well. And complete exaggerations occur in those instances as well. The chicken was ordered once (and I don't even think they know who ordered it), and as you can see, we still have chicken jokes. If I had to think about it, I would assume the fried chicken industry is certainly getting a boost from that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

[QUOTE]The truth is Beckett never liked the media. And guys who don't like the media are going to get hammered by them in the press when they don't do well. And complete exaggerations occur in those instances as well. The chicken was ordered once (and I don't even think they know who ordered it), and as you can see, we still have chicken jokes. If I had to think about it, I would assume the fried chicken industry is certainly getting a boost from that.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Where's Bill in this thread?  Does he only come out when Beckett falters?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great game for Beckett : Where's Bill in this thread?  Does he only come out when Beckett falters?
    Posted by ddimaria[/QUOTE]
    Yes, Yes, a CY YOUNG performance for sure !!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Great game for Beckett : Yes, Yes, a CY YOUNG performance for sure !!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Cy Young, hardly....  solid, above average start.... yes.  I am not a Beckett fan boy and it's been nice to not see every thread started by you in the last 24 hours.... its been refreshing.