Great Giamatti Quote...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Great Giamatti Quote...

...that you might like.  Can't get this out of my head.  I changed the date and day for emphasis.

“It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops. Today, October 31, a Thursday of rain and broken branches and leaf-clogged drains and slick streets, it stopped and summer was gone.”

Congrats to the Sox and happy off-season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Great Giamatti Quote...

That's why I hate November.  Baseball season is too far away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah, but a lot of great memories to keep us all warm. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's why I hate November.  Baseball season is too far away.

[/QUOTE]

But November is so much more palatable after the Red Sox win a World Series.  After this season's long, but exciting, campaign, I could use a break from being a baseball spectator.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

We still have a parade to look forward to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

This season has been spectacular. The World Series win was a great cherry on top of all the amazing moments. I can't remember a more exciting postseason. All the teams that got there really deserved to be there. Games were nail-biting and riveting. And you had a different hero every game. How often does that happen? This team was awesome to watch, and I LOVED every minute of it.

Had the Sox not won the World Series, I believe, this would still go down as one of the greatest seasons of baseball for the fans. It's just great that on top of ALL the great teams that competed, and the great games that were played, the Sox sit on top. It's really admirable in such a tight race. No pushovers. They can and should feel proud.

I really can't believe it's over. I wish it could go on forever. Can't wait to see you next season, boys! That is, after the parade, of course! Smile