Greg Zaun says Farrell Sucks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Greg Zaun says Farrell Sucks!

Do the research posters.... seems Farrell's managing techniques were taught to him by Tito.

But hey stooges keep telling us what the media tells you to think "Farrell number one"... 

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Farrell+fires+back+critic+Zaun/7294410/story.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Greg Zaun says Farrell Sucks!

no wonder Beckett loved Farrell.... do what you want, no blame.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Without reading the story that is linked to this thread, I would have considered a marginal managerial candidate just due to his record in Toronto.

He may have been the best ever pitching coach, but that does not mean that he is or could be a great manager.  Some times, people are really successful in one job but not always in another job.  I am sure that we have all seen examples.

Although Farrell might improve as a manager, I do not think that he is currently a candidate that I would give up a good player or a couple of good prospects for at this time.  Let him prove himself in future years and then possibly take another look at him when he does not cost the Red Sox players or prospects.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do the research posters.... seems Farrell's managing techniques were taught to him by Tito.

But hey stooges keep telling us what the media tells you to think "Farrell number one"... 

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Farrell+fires+back+critic+Zaun/7294410/story.html

[/QUOTE]

Just so I understand, you're telling us not to believe the media, by posting sn article about one of the members of the media?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

So you expect a manager not to take in the different styles of players.

Gee isn't that why we LOVED the famed IDIOTS who won a WS?????

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

This thread is just eye candy

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The article does not explain much. 

Like the Red Sox, the Blue Jays have dealt with a lot of injuries this year.  After all, they lost Batista and three of their top starting pitchers months ago. 

The Blue Jays are a mess right now.  Well, they have been a mess since 1994. 

I remember back in 1992 and 1993 when the Blue Jays lead the majors in attendence.  Now the stadium is dead. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

"But hey stooges keep telling us what the media tells you to think"

Funny, Isnt Zaun part of the media? Brillant. Open mouth, insert foot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Farrell learned how to manage a clubhouse from Tito.... thus there is every reason to believe Zaun's opinion is accurate.  Common Sense applies here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Greg Zaun?  Which Greg Zaun?  The four-time WS winning manager Greg Zaun?  The high-achieving MLB pitching coach Greg Zaun?  The well-respected batting coach Greg Zaun?  The struggling, though successful minor league manager yet to get a chance Greg Zaun?  The Greg Zaun that in 1920 personally hit more home runs than every other TEAM in the League of Americans Greg Zaun?

Or is it just the non-respected, largely forgotten, has-been that never-was Greg Zaun paid to be a talking head for his local team Greg Zaun?  Paid to talk cr@p as long as it gets publicised Greg Zaun?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I would also throw the name Tim Wallach out there as a possibility for the next Sox manager...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just so I understand, you're telling us not to believe the media, by posting [a]n article about one of the members of the media?

[/QUOTE]

hahahaha.  greatest post i have read in a long time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

The hiring of a new manager and a whole new set of coaches and bringing in a totally new medical staff and conditioning staff would go a long way toward a new beginning for the Sox.  Too many years of "bad luck" with injuries can't be be normal.