Greinke to Dodgers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma09. Show scauma09's posts

Greinke to Dodgers

6 years 145 million. Biggest contract ever for a right hander. A massive over pay but they have the money. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

Re: Greinke to Dodgers

Crazy.... Oops, I mean the contract amount not the player... I can't believe that they paid that much for someone who may check out a year into the contract.

Well, the good news is that alot of other trades/FAs should move quickly now. Like Hamilton will probably get what he wants from the Rangers... and the Red Sox will make a push for Lohse.

Interesting that if the Rangers do land Hamilton, then they probably will not be interested in J Upton.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

If someone is willing to pay that much to Greinke how much will Verlander get 2 yrs from now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Hurts the Sox chances at landing Hamilton. However, I can't believe the Dodgers' payroll decisions. Are they the highest payroll in the game yet? Ramirez, Kemp, Crawford, Beckett, Greinke etc etc?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Wow, very wow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Better them than us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to TitleTown11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hurts the Sox chances at landing Hamilton. However, I can't believe the Dodgers' payroll decisions. Are they the highest payroll in the game yet? Ramirez, Kemp, Crawford, Beckett, Greinke etc etc?

[/QUOTE]

My guess is yes.  They'll be at about $225M, including their payments to Manny and Andruw Jones.  The NYY maybe $205M if they sign Youk.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnglishSox. Show EnglishSox's posts

Doing what they can to win now.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, I still think Hamilton will now take his time to pick the team where he think he will make some good money at the same time to hope to win a world series ring.  So obviously, Boston still have a good chance to get him.  To order to get him, Boston need one good pitcher.  Per reading MLB rumor, Boston may try harder to get Lohse.  Plus Boston already have two former Rangers players on the roster where they can try to convince him to come to Boston.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to louisthelipp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OK, where are the threads on the front page about the Yankees offering $12 mil. for Youk? Where is the response to that from Zac, Jessey, Jeter, and Georom? With the forum being a Yankee forum, why the silence about this offer? I think that Cashman is out of his mind. Where are the thoughts from Red Sox fans, is Youk worth $12 mil. for one year. Crickets??

[/QUOTE]

Brian Cashman is not a happy guy right now, as he can "overpay" on one year deals only. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you forget the crap house lawyer Agon!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

If greinke gets that type of money what is Annibal Sanchez going to get. I guess we will be out on that one as well.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If greinke gets that type of money what is Annibal Sanchez going to get. I guess we will be out on that one as well.

[/QUOTE]

Why not commit yourself old timer and tell us what we should offer Anibal Sanchez? That way we can play the 20-20 hindsight game with you. Go ahead and give us some figures.

[/QUOTE]

pike

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

OK, where are the threads on the front page about the Yankees offering $12 mil. for Youk? Where is the response to that from Zac, Jessey, Jeter, and Georom? With the forum being a Yankee forum, why the silence about this offer? I think that Cashman is out of his mind. Where are the thoughts from Red Sox fans, is Youk worth $12 mil. for one year. Crickets??

[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know that. That's amazing. Good for Youk.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, I still think Hamilton will now take his time to pick the team where he think he will make some good money at the same time to hope to win a world series ring.  So obviously, Boston still have a good chance to get him.  To order to get him, Boston need one good pitcher.  Per reading MLB rumor, Boston may try harder to get Lohse.  Plus Boston already have two former Rangers players on the roster where they can try to convince him to come to Boston.  

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Hamilton will give some thought to the press situation in Boston. He could really get hammered here if he doesn't do well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Are the Dodgers still under the salary cap? Or are they truly the Yankees of the west and just don't care?

I still think the salary cap should be enforced with more than a monetary penalty since some teams don't have to care about money.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

If Zach Greinke is worth 24.5 million a year. How much would Kershaw, Strasberg or Verlander be worth if they were free agents this year? Seriously? I would go 35 million a year for each and be happier then with Greinke at 24.5. Maybe even 38 million.

And I would actually think a 15 year 750,000,000 contract with Mike Trout "might" be very reasonable. Although I would like one more year of confirmation on his greatness before I would go there. Assuming Greinke is worth 24.5 million of course.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Somewhere King Felix is smiling.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Instead of complaining why don't you start one?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

if pike werent banned maybe he couldve seen my post on youk and the yanks...again

it only confirms my belief that youk was a sweaty big head who put himself above the team by crying his way out of boston...him going to the yanks for that crazy amount is perfect...he is another anchor on the yanks at 3b and we never have to debate this nonsense about whether or not to clap for this clown when he plays against us....anyone who would when he plays for the yanakees should be disbarred as a sox fan...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to scauma09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

6 years 145 million. Biggest contract ever for a right hander. A massive over pay but they have the money. 

[/QUOTE]

Thank god ! now sox won't get that all for the money 6 year stupid deal