Grenade launchers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Grenade launchers

No sense listing names, we all know who they are ... folks who post drivel here for the sole purpose of ticking somebody off and getting a repsonse, which gets another response, which leads to a thread. And they get off on baiting us.

I've been guilty of playing along in the past, arguing with the "Fire Coma" crowd and certain others who show up only when things are going bad. Or, yes, certain fans of other teams who like to stir the pot from time to time.

Anyway ... the best way, and only way, to handle them is to ignore them, either by hitting the ignore button or just being the bigger person and not responding (which is what they want in the first place).

If everyone does this, before you know it, the idiots will be gone. (And I don't mean the good idiots from '04).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Grenade launchers

morning LD, it seems that the 'not responding' part is the one that always goes awry, sometimes due to third man in, name calling, and those who are just going to say what they want to say...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Grenade launchers:
    [QUOTE]No sense listing names, we all know who they are ... folks who post drivel here for the sole purpose of ticking somebody off and getting a repsonse, which gets another response, which leads to a thread. And they get off on baiting us. I've been guilty of playing along in the past, arguing with the "Fire Coma" crowd and certain others who show up only when things are going bad. Or, yes, certain fans of other teams who like to stir the pot from time to time. Anyway ... the best way, and only way, to handle them is to ignore them, either by hitting the ignore button or just being the bigger person and not responding (which is what they want in the first place). If everyone does this, before you know it, the idiots will be gone. (And I don't mean the good idiots from '04).
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Glad you clarified that, Lloyd.

:o)

I was always glad to were the title of idiot, because that's what they used to call this guy .

Then the '03 & '04 Sox came a;ong and I wore the moniker with supreme pride.

But you are really right.  I have to resisit getting into it.  More often than not,
    I succeed.  But not always.

:o)

Heck of a game last night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Agree with both of you guys.  Jete's right...it's usually the "opposite reaction" thing that lights the fuse.

It's so hard not to respond to the idiotic vitriol that gets posted here sometimes.  I literally just found myself deleting my response to "The Babe" and "Jesseyerica".  Honestly, the attempts at hijacking others' names is pretty low. 

This was one of those times where my wife tells me to write out the response, then delete it.  It's actually pretty cathartic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Maybe a Private Room Part II for all of the "Good" Posters is needed so you won't have to put up with all the "Drivel" (Anything Anti Tito I guess)?? Speaking for myself I would never want Tito fired at this point of the season, it's already to late, for better or worse we're stuck with him, to the hopefully wonderful ending promised by all who believe in Tito. I'm just happy Theo edged his bet by Surrounding him with All Stars and is working, at this very moment, to secure more. What I like about the "Good" Posters is they explain every move, or non move, Tito makes with the "Big Picture" or "Longview" in mind and nothing he does or doesn't do is wrong. As much as you dislike the drivel about the Bad things I dislike all the drivel about all the "Good" things. There is a lot of gray area with Tito, the manager not the man, and I will never care for his style of managing, obviously The powers to be don't agree with me. I have come to accept that but, will never give up second guessing, or for the most part with Tito, Pre Guessing and wondering why he went the way he did. Wait, don't tell me, I know... THE BIG PICTURE. Have a great Day !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Grenade launchers:
    [QUOTE]  Maybe a Private Room Part II for all of the "Good" Posters is needed so you won't have to put up with all the "Drivel" (Anything Anti Tito I guess)?? Speaking for myself I would never want Tito fired at this point of the season, it's already to late, for better or worse we're stuck with him, to the hopefully wonderful ending promised by all who believe in Tito. I'm just happy Theo edged his bet by Surrounding him with All Stars and is working, at this very moment, to secure more. What I like about the "Good" Posters is they explain every move, or non move, Tito makes with the "Big Picture" or "Longview" in mind and nothing he does or doesn't do is wrong. As much as you dislike the drivel about the Bad things I dislike all the drivel about all the "Good" things. There is a lot of gray area with Tito, the manager not the man, and I will never care for his style of managing, obviously The powers to be don't agree with me. I have come to accept that but, will never give up second guessing, or for the most part with Tito, Pre Guessing and wondering why he went the way he did. Wait, don't tell me, I know... THE BIG PICTURE. Have a great Day !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

Look, I'm a Tito supporter, but those who feel like yourself certainly have every right to have their say here.  I think disagreement is fine as long as we stay civil with each other.  I've had some back-and-forths with you and I have no problems with any of your responses to me...hopefully you feel the same about mine.  I know I get a little snarky sometimes when I'm sticking up for Tito. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]  Maybe a Private Room Part II for all of the "Good" Posters is needed so you won't have to put up with all the "Drivel" (Anything Anti Tito I guess)?? Speaking for myself I would never want Tito fired at this point of the season, it's already to late, for better or worse we're stuck with him, to the hopefully wonderful ending promised by all who believe in Tito. I'm just happy Theo edged his bet by Surrounding him with All Stars and is working, at this very moment, to secure more. What I like about the "Good" Posters is they explain every move, or non move, Tito makes with the "Big Picture" or "Longview" in mind and nothing he does or doesn't do is wrong. As much as you dislike the drivel about the Bad things I dislike all the drivel about all the "Good" things. There is a lot of gray area with Tito, the manager not the man, and I will never care for his style of managing, obviously The powers to be don't agree with me. I have come to accept that but, will never give up second guessing, or for the most part with Tito, Pre Guessing and wondering why he went the way he did. Wait, don't tell me, I know... THE BIG PICTURE. Have a great Day !!

It's not about somebody having a different opinion. It's about those not interested in an intelligent discussions. There's a BIG difference so don't try to twist the meaning of lloyd's post.

In the Tito example, posters like 1941 aren't interested in an intelligent exchanges. They post the same lame ... OK, drivel ... all the time. There have been good discussion on whether or not Tito made the right move or non-move, but you'll never find it on a thread involving him (and some others).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'm not talking about disagreement and debate. That's all fine ... as long as it's civil. If you don't like Francona, that's your right. It's also my right to find that completely nonsensical

Again, I'm talking about the grenade launchers ... i.e., those who show up simply to agitate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The---Babe------. Show -The---Babe------'s posts

[QUOTE]I only got one thing to say to the babe!!!!! Hey Babe! how bout that little hobbit and the american league 1st place boston redflops!!!!! lots of luck playing the devilrays babe! they kinda got a slight case of the azz right now..........

Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Hey hammah, the hobbit did well last night. How's agone doing?

Let me know when they start handing out trophies for being in first in mid july....if they did you guys wouldn't have had to wait 86yrs to get one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grenade launchers : Hey hammah, the hobbit did well last night. How's agone doing? Let me know when they start handing out trophies for being in first in mid july....if they did you guys wouldn't have had to wait 86yrs to get one.
    Posted by -The---Babe------[/QUOTE]

are you 12 years old?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grenade launchers : Hey hammah, the hobbit did well last night. How's agone doing? Let me know when they start handing out trophies for being in first in mid july....if they did you guys wouldn't have had to wait 86yrs to get one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

bout the same as cano I guess babe. damn hr derby's can ruin your swing. your right about getting trophies handed out in july. however, that said, I'd rather be a game and a half ahead of you than behind you. you also know me well enough now to know that I realize this is gonna be a knock down drag out right to the end of sept. I don't discount you guys for a new york second.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grenade launchers :
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

I prefer my grenades to be rocket propelled as opposed to launched

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The---Babe------. Show -The---Babe------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grenade launchers : bout the same as cano I guess babe. damn hr derby's can ruin your swing. your right about getting trophies handed out in july. however, that said, I'd rather be a game and a half ahead of you than behind you. you also know me well enough now to know that I realize this is gonna be a knock down drag out right to the end of sept. I don't discount you guys for a new york second.

Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

No, Cano is over .300 since the break, agone is what....2-15?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grenade launchers :
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

I must complement you Mr. Mojo on your choice of album cover.  I'm still waiting for a thrash remake of Highway Star MetallicA...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

I totally agree with you guys.  Those yankee fans that come in here solely to aggrevate others is very annoying.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Grenade launchers:
    [QUOTE]No sense listing names, we all know who they are ... folks who post drivel here for the sole purpose of ticking somebody off and getting a repsonse, which gets another response, which leads to a thread. And they get off on baiting us. I've been guilty of playing along in the past, arguing with the "Fire Coma" crowd and certain others who show up only when things are going bad. Or, yes, certain fans of other teams who like to stir the pot from time to time. Anyway ... the best way, and only way, to handle them is to ignore them, either by hitting the ignore button or just being the bigger person and not responding (which is what they want in the first place). If everyone does this, before you know it, the idiots will be gone. (And I don't mean the good idiots from '04).
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Good general advice, LD, although I'm not going to follow it and spoil some of my fun.  Some of these aholes are fun to mess with as they're not very bright.  Think of it like watching Yosemite Sam, the Martian, and Elmer Fudd in action, although I wouldn't lump them all in the same category.  Elmer Fudd has a compassionate side that one can empathize with, Yosemite Sam does not but is an interesting character nonetheless, are the Martian lacks a human soul altogether.  I think of our resident trolls in much the same way.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

[QUOTE]I totally agree with you guys.  Those yankee fans that come in here solely to aggrevate others is very annoying.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

but then again why else would they sow here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I never engage trolls unfortunately there are many who do.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

I agree tcal2, any suggestions on how we can get rid of them, I just don't know what the answer is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]I never engage trolls unfortunately there are many who do.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

I was engaged once .... 35 years ago....

been married ever since.

Oh ...you mentioned trolls too ... I guess that changes things a bit

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grenade launchers : I was engaged once .... 35 years ago....    been married ever since. Oh ...you mentioned trolls too ... I guess that changes things a bit
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

I was engaged to a troll once. Just couldn't adjust to living under a bridge all the time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

boring..... sounds like the forum today

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice, a bootlicker imploring readers to only engage in a narrative with bootlickers. Grenade launchers are necessary.

[/QUOTE]

Keep telling yourself that.

You may come to believe it, eventually.