Guess game 1 starter for Rockies in WS'07

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Guess game 1 starter for Rockies in WS'07

Sox scored bunch of runs, like 10 or something, winning big - off of Morales.

So, should he be in the WS roster ?  Hope not !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Guess game 1 starter for Rockies in WS'07

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I forgot Morales played for the Rockies that year.

He pitched three innings in the W.S. against Boston and allowed seven runs (21.00 ERA).

But whether or not he should be on the Red Sox postseason roster has nothing to do with 2007. It has only to do with how he's pitching this year.

I like Morales, but he hasn't been getting it done. Wouldn't have a problem if Thornton replaced him on the roster.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He pitched three innings in the W.S. against Boston and allowed seven runs (21.00 ERA).

But whether or not he should be on the Red Sox postseason roster has nothing to do with 2007. It has only to do with how he's pitching this year.

I like Morales, but he hasn't been getting it done. Wouldn't have a problem if Thornton replaced him on the roster.

[/QUOTE]

Id rather bring Britton back than Morales or Thornton

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Morales can be lights out, but very often he can also be out of control.

Thornton puzzles me, he used to be very good when he was with the other Sox.

With Britton, it's a balance of unknown versus rookie nerves in a playoffs.

Cards have lefty batters with known weakness against LHP.  Have to have one of the three in the roster - Morales, Thornton and Britton.

Have to trust Farrell, he knows best.  Also good that he used to be a pitching coach, a pitcher himself, should know best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

Morales can be lights out, but very often he can also be out of control.

Thornton puzzles me, he used to be very good when he was with the other Sox.

With Britton, it's a balance of unknown versus rookie nerves in a playoffs.

Cards have lefty batters with known weakness against LHP.  Have to have one of the three in the roster - Morales, Thornton and Britton.

Have to trust Farrell, he knows best.  Also good that he used to be a pitching coach, a pitcher himself, should know best.

[/QUOTE]

Ben will make the ultimate roster decision with input from Farrell and others.

My guess is Morales is out and Thornton is in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Morales was 21 at the time...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Morales was a young phenom considered one of the top prospects in all the game at that time.  Up to that point, he was living up to his expectations.....but he's never really done anything more than that. 

Morales has some raw tools that you just can't teach.  The Sox should not give up on him just yet....BUT they should definitely give up on him for the world series. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Sorry guys for the misleading discussion title.  Morales was not the game 1 starter, Jeff Francis was.  Morlaes replaced Jeff in the 5th inning, and lasted only 2 outs, coughing up 7 ER.  Just checked the box score.

Turns out Sox scored 13 runs in that game.  That probably destroyed Morales confidence if he was only 21 then, and still seems to be shaken up when he yielded that 4 pitch walk to the struggling lefty Fielder to load the base, and gave up the go ahead 2 run hit to VMart that might have been a HR in another park, thanks to the Monster.

Looks like Thornton is going to replace Morales in this WS Roster, and I don't know if that is an improvement.  But to be fair, Morales got that opportunity in game 6 that he flunked.  Thornton just deserves an opporunity I guess.  Let's just hope that Morales or Thornton (or Britton), it works out for Sox.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In response to mountvernonclosed's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Carp is on the roster, with Dempster, as potted plants. Used to be that only Wakefield got the post season potted plant roster spot. 

[/QUOTE]

Carp could be a decent pinch hitter, along with Nava, against this rightly loaded Cardinals pitching.

Dempster (and Doubront) deserve their WS spot given their contribution thoughout the year, and they could get opportunities to contribute.  One this with this team this year is it is unpredictable where the contribution comes from game to game.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Id rather bring Britton back than Morales or Thornton

[/QUOTE]
    I agree about Britton. Thornton seems to produce negativity when he throws and Morales IMO is not worthy. Even as a guess, I believe Britton will be no worse than either of them. I seriously doubt that Farrell cares what we think. Anyway, I trust him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to mountvernonclosed's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Carp is on the roster, with Dempster, as potted plants. Used to be that only Wakefield got the post season potted plant roster spot. 

[/QUOTE]

Do you even know how many at bats Carp has had this post season or how many inning Demspter pitched?

17. This post has been removed.