Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up season-Your reaction

Was he drinking both or bringing one or both to another player (s). You only saw him carrying two but never say where they went. You never say he was drinking.  You leave that for the reader to assume he was drinking both. Some will assume he drank both but maybe he did not drink either.

This is where writers say something and leave it wide open for the reader to make up his own scenario. Lackey haters will assume the worst and make up some additional info that is totally based upon this half written story.

He also assumes that the team has given up based upon one guy carrying two beers. That is a stretch that I find unimagineable and ludicrous.

Funny how every one b1tched about Ellsbury not rehabbing with the team and not being accountable but here come a writer saying Lackey should be in Fort Myers and he is unaccountable for not being there..

Yes BV did implement a no alcohol rule but it as I remember was not NO alcohol but no alcohol at certain times.
    Like coming home from after a plane ride back to Boston when they have to drive home or during ST. I do believe it was also about players being adults and being responsible. It was not a total BAN as I remember.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up season-Your reaction:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]uh oh Zac, better have on your matador cape when youknowwho see that pic :) 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Giving up on the season ? The Red Sox have been out of it since May ! They packed it in a long time ago. The Red Sox are irrelevent now and football season is almost upon us. Let's go Pats !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Zac and Idiots are one in the same.... says pike

I actually feel bad for Lackey, I know he only behaves this way because of his elbow. We really need him!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up season-Your reaction:
    [QUOTE]I hate JOHN LACKEY !!!! Man what a c^*^%*nt.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]tell us how you reaaly feel. Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up season-Your reaction : tell us how you reaaly feel. 
    Posted by pri360[/QUOTE]

I was on to him when he was an Angel and tried to make an excuse the better team did not win, our team. Theo for some reason decided to sign expensive players from teams that we destroyed, as in losers from loser teams. Rent-a-wreck? Cardinals losers in 2007 WS, and then Lack-luster.

Normally winners don't hang out with the losers to make their team better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

lackey is an immature moron...but im pretty sure that didnt happen overnight when he came to boston....after the game they can do luge shots for all i care..

losing one run/close games is a sign of a team giving up? really?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up season-Your reaction : I was on to him when he was an Angel and tried to make an excuse the better team did not win, our team. Theo for some reason decided to sign expensive players from teams that we destroyed, as in losers from loser teams. Rent-a-wreck? Cardinals losers in 2007 WS, and then Lack-luster. Normally winners don't hang out with the losers to make their team better.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]do you think lester, beckett and lackey could return to form next year ... and that this is just a bad year; or do you think the three are  damaged goods as far as the red sox go?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Zac and Idiots are one in the same.... says pike

In Response to Zac and Idiots are one in the same.... says pike:
    [QUOTE]I actually feel bad for Lackey, I know he only behaves this way because of his elbow. We really need him!
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

I hope you are joking. If you aren't don't ever post again. He's a disgrace.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]i hate lackey.  i rooted for him to get bombed every start out and then for the sox to come back and win in late innings.  i hate him.  worst signing ever.  the guy is a moosh.  wish he and lidle flew together.
    Posted by slasher9[/QUOTE]
    thats is real hate.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up season-Your reaction : do you think lester, beckett and lackey could return to form next year ... and that this is just a bad year; or do you think the three are  damaged goods as far as the red sox go?
    Posted by pri360[/QUOTE]

I am sure Lester has a 50/50 chance to rebound but if and ONLY if Beckett is jettisoned and the Sox bring in a premier #1... someone to take the lead.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up season-Your reaction : I am sure Lester has a 50/50 chance to rebound but if and ONLY if Beckett is jettisoned and the Sox bring in a premier #1... someone to take the lead.
    As I see it, if they don't have the payroll flexibility to sign a number one in free agency, then they have to trade for one; which i think would mean giving up one of their bonafide stars. I'm not sure a package of prospects would do it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I know. I know. I think leadership from the top line starters is a necessity. I promise you Beckett did not flub around when Schilling was on the team, he would not dare.

At this point Beckett is too old andhe won't change his approach because the team brings in a Schilling. Lester on the other hand may benefit fro some positive leadership. Lackey is a %&# and I don't give a damn what happens to him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Zac and Idiots are one in the same.... says pike

In Response to Zac and Idiots are one in the same.... says pike:
    [QUOTE]I actually feel bad for Lackey, I know he only behaves this way because of his elbow. We really need him!

You're kidding right?  While this is a trivial issue, the beer, Lackey is one of the biggest problems in this clubhouse.  It's not about the beer, it's about his generally negative, I could really give a s hit, these fans are going to turn on all of us so let's have some fun, follow my lead, don't worry be happy, pizz azz attitude.

I've been saying it since last year's ST, Lackey is the key to the pitching demise!  He should never have been allowed in that clubhouse again after last year!!!!

No offense Enchilada!  I simply see HIM as THE cancer in this clubhouse!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction

if he is rehabbing after Tommy John...is it good to be drinking if he is taking any meds??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction

In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction:
    [QUOTE]if he is rehabbing after Tommy John...is it good to be drinking if he is taking any meds??
    Posted by Iceman4[/QUOTE]

I think he could be far enough past surgery that he's no longer in need of pain meds.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]Was he drinking both or bringing one or both to another player (s). You only saw him carrying two but never say where they went. You never say he was drinking.  You leave that for the reader to assume he was drinking both. Some will assume he drank both but maybe he did not drink either. This is where writers say something and leave it wide open for the reader to make up his own scenario. Lackey haters will assume the worst and make up some additional info that is totally based upon this half written story. He also assumes that the team has given up based upon one guy carrying two beers. That is a stretch that I find unimagineable and ludicrous. Funny how every one b1tched about Ellsbury not rehabbing with the team and not being accountable but here come a writer saying Lackey should be in Fort Myers and he is unaccountable for not being there.. Yes BV did implement a no alcohol rule but it as I remember was not NO alcohol but no alcohol at certain times. Like coming home from after a plane ride back to Boston when they have to drive home or during ST. I do believe it was also about players being adults and being responsible. It was not a total BAN as I remember.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]
    Very sensible.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Wow!

I've been posting here quite a few years and this thread has sunk to a new low!

We are reduced to arguments about a player that hasn't played at all being the central cause of the catastrophe on the playing field!

Do any of you realize how stupid all of this must sound?

If Lackey is such a loser and such an awful player, don't you think his absence from the rotation would be a positive thing?....shouldn't they be glad to have someone else start in his place? Shouldn't YOU as haters of Lackey be over-joyed that he is not pitching?

Now I think I know what the Mayans saw in the future to cause their calendar to end in late 2012. Red Sox fans in a fit of anger and frustration will begin rioting in the streets....and Red Sox Nation, being the HUGE phenomenon that it is, will spill over to all major cities, into other countries and eventually bring the end to life on ths planet as we know it.

All because of John Lackey drinking a beer! Considering the possible consequences ( the end of the world), do you really think it's worth getting this worked up over this?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction:
    [QUOTE]Joe Haggerty/Comcast Sports CLEVELAND – So this is what happens when a baseball team gives up all pretense of hope for a season, or caring about how they’re perceived. …There were others that just don’t seem to care about wins or losses anymore. …But for whatever reason the underachieving righty needs to travel with the team even though he won’t be throwing even one measly pitch for them. Lackey was so busted up after the latest defeat that he was strutting around the clubhouse with a can of Bud Light in each hand, or what is known as “double-f fistin g” on every college campus in the history of mankind. So much for the Bobby Valentine ban on alcohol in the Sox clubhouse that was implemented during spring training. For a guy that was at the epicenter of last year’s “chicken and beer” shenanigans – and somebody that isn’t expected to help out this year’s team in any way, shape or form – it was another clear case of some Sox players that just don’t care anymore …But instead it’s a few rotten apples that are ruining the bunch as they continue to infect a team that’s trying to shake its past reputation. The conventional thinking was that Lackey would be removed from the equation after he underwent offseason elbow surgery, and would rehab in Fort Myers or at home. But instead he’s essentially morphed into Barney from the Simpsons hanging around the team with an $82.5 million contract and no accountability of any kind….
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Big deal ! Lackey is out this year. If not for the media, nobody would have even cared what Lackey was doing . The problem totally is with the media. Now comes all the Lackey bashing. How about you doing a tell the media to shove it all up thier AZZ  Post. Time to start coming down on the trouble caused by stupid  media reports.I'll drink to that ! Even with Lackey.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Haggerty: Signs are there that Sox are giving up seasonJohn Lackey 'double-fis ting' beer -Your reaction : Big deal ! Lackey is out this year. If not for the media, nobody would have even cared what Lackey was doing . The problem totally is with the media. Now comes all the Lackey bashing. How about you doing a tell the media to shove it all up thier AZZ  Post. Time to start coming down on the trouble caused by stupid  media reports.I'll drink to that ! Even with Lackey.
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]

Amen...