Hamilton to the Yankees Fodd fir Thought.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Hamilton to the Yankees Fodd fir Thought.

My personal feeling is that the Yankees are going o pounce on Hamilton, this is why they were in no rush to sugn Icihirro. They played this game before with Teixeir prior to the 2009 season and I do not believe anything about money problems with luxury taxes. That money is beer money to that franchise and they will gladly pay it for playoff money down the road. I have never trusted Brian " no chin" Cashman even back in 2009 when he denied they were in on Teixeira then all of a sudden he signed with the Yankees. Watch it happen again. The other point is that they lost Arod for 4 months as well and will look for his numbers to be replaced somehow and this fits.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Hamilton to the Yankees Fodd fir Thought.

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My personal feeling is that the Yankees are going o pounce on Hamilton, this is why they were in no rush to sugn Icihirro. They played this game before with Teixeir prior to the 2009 season and I do not believe anything about money problems with luxury taxes. That money is beer money to that franchise and they will gladly pay it for playoff money down the road. I have never trusted Brian " no chin" Cashman even back in 2009 when he denied they were in on Teixeira then all of a sudden he signed with the Yankees. Watch it happen again. The other point is that they lost Arod for 4 months as well and will look for his numbers to be replaced somehow and this fits.

[/QUOTE]

at this point you can replace A-roids numbers with iggy..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

You can say the same for every player.  Every player is in play until they are not.  And every GM will make a move where possible.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the NYY, the RS, or TX make a big move.  I think, right now, no one wants to start a bidding war.  The NYY, in particular, have not reason whatsoever to bid.  All Cashman has to do is to tell the agent to come in with his final offer from other teams, and the NYY will say yes or no.

I think they have a legit interest in Hamilton, but the reason why Martin and Chavez are gone, is because they overpaid on ARod and Tex.  I think our best interests are served here by ensuring they overpay for Hamilton.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would never count the big spenders out, or for a minute believe they care about cutting payroll.  The Yankees are definately pulling another Tex and will probably offer an outrageous signing bonus.  It's ultimately up to Hamilton to see how greedy he gets and like we did with Tex, make sure we don't over pay for Josh. 

If the price gets that high let the Yankees have him.  How many more chamionships have the Yankees won over us recently with all their huge signings?