Hanley in a trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Hanley in a trade?

In Response to Re: Hanley in a trade?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley in a trade? : Well I don't remember exactly, but I'll admit I likely didn't think a trade with SD would happen before AGON reached the final year of his contract in SD, when they'd realize they'd be losing the player if they retained him. AGON is in a different league from Ramirez, he at least is not a negative influence in the clubhouse...and to bring him to Boston would be contrary to your advocacy of ridding the team of malcontents. This trade proposal was so bad, for the Red Sox, that I hold a right to question someone else's post if it even implies a detrement to the team. If that makes me a Pike, well it is what it is...it is an interesting comment coming from someone who tries to influence this board with negative mumbo-jumbo when he jumps off a player's bandwagon.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

you shouldnt shout down other peoples posts....thats all im saying...im so tired of folks trying to stop discussions...we have no shortstop, hanley would return here and be very happy im betting..its funny how you call him a clubhouse cancer but deny blaming beckett for anything....if he comes here, and acts like a cancer, then i will call him that....saying he would be for the sox is silly at this point....i dont recall him quitting on his team like beckett because he wasnt going to win the mvp, like josh did after his "injury"..according to his own teammate...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Hanley in a trade?": [QUOTE]you think injuries are the only way the sox will be out of it by the deadline? this is exactly the opposite of the scenario i see causing the trade...a listless, mediocre team filled with aging players who shouldve been moved after last season...ben is going to be looking hard at youk and beckett i believe in july...papi is on his final lap, and lackey is out of the picture for now and maybe forever Posted by georom4[/QUOTE] This team is way too talented not to be in the race if they remain relatively healthy. Even the most miserable Debbie Downer should be able to see that. They are definitely not "too old," Papi was one of the most productive hitters in the game last year, so I doubt he is on his "final lap." Lackey is under contract for 4 more years and coming off TJ surgery. Where exactly do you think he is going? I would expect this front office team to be buyers, not sellers at the deadline.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley in a trade? : My moniker is FortMeade not Pike. for a newbie U sure know alot about this place most newbies would have asked who pike was Larry Lucchino isn't supposed to telegraph the spending plans to the media. I don't understand didn't U just say it was all over the media
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

I said that I wasn't Pike in response to Burrito this morning and admitted that I read the forum and was glad that the soap opera involving Pike was over.

What was throughout the media was the effort that the Red Sox were making to avoid the luxury tax penalties. Surely you must have seen all of those articles in the media and read the threads in here but perhaps you were on another forum based on your avatar. Larry never said that he wants to surpass the $178 mil. ceiling. He only said that they will increase their previous payroll and it will be their highest.  They will not. You can bet your mortgage on it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Hanley in a trade?": This team is way too talented not to be in the race if they remain relatively healthy. Even the most miserable Debbie Downer should be able to see that. They are definitely not "too old," Papi was one of the most productive hitters in the game last year, so I doubt he is on his "final lap." Lackey is under contract for 4 more years and coming off TJ surgery. Where exactly do you think he is going? I would expect this front office team to be buyers, not sellers at the deadline.
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]

i see just the opposite happening...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Carl Crawford

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Hanley in a trade?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley in a trade? : I said that I wasn't Pike in response to Burrito this morning and admitted that I read the forum and was glad that the soap opera involving Pike was over. What was throughout the media was the effort that the Red Sox were making to avoid the luxury tax penalties. Surely you must have seen all of those articles in the media and read the threads in here but perhaps you were on another forum based on your avatar. Larry never said that he wants to surpass the $178 mil. ceiling. He only said that they will increase their previous payroll and it will be their highest.  They will not. You can bet your mortgage on it. Posted by FortMeade[/QUOTE] Lucchino has said they would go over the threshold for the "right" player. It cleary makes good business sense to operate on or below the cap. There wasn't a free agent out there this off season that they "could" have signed that I "wished" they would had signed. I'd rather save some flexibility for the trade deadline...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

We don't need Hanley.  Our weakness is pitching first, defense second, and offense not at all.  Getting Hanley instead of getting Oswalt will be a downgrade, without even considering what prospects we'd give up.

Think about it-if the marlins thought Hanley could stuill play SS, why would they have signed Reyes?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Hanley in a trade?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley in a trade? : i see just the opposite happening... Posted by georom4[/QUOTE] Yeah, I guess you would...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley in a trade? : you shouldnt shout down other peoples posts....thats all im saying...im so tired of folks trying to stop discussions...we have no shortstop, hanley would return here and be very happy im betting..its funny how you call him a clubhouse cancer but deny blaming beckett for anything....if he comes here, and acts like a cancer, then i will call him that....saying he would be for the sox is silly at this point....i dont recall him quitting on his team like beckett because he wasnt going to win the mvp, like josh did after his "injury"..according to his own teammate...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Well since I don't have the power to remove repetitive, detrimental topics, then I reserve the right to express my adverse reaction to them!

Can you please explain to me which player called Beckett out for quitting because I must not have read the paper that day? Beckett was not at his best in September, but then again who was?? But I wouldn't say he quit, I'll leave that distinction for Manny Ramirez on the Red Sox.

In addition, the other Ramirez (must be in the name) ALSO QUIT on his team when he stop hustling and forced his manager to bench him...funny how you see things only one way!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley in a trade? : My moniker is FortMeade not Pike. for a newbie U sure know alot about this place most newbies would have asked who pike was Larry Lucchino isn't supposed to telegraph the spending plans to the media. I don't understand didn't U just say it was all over the media
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Are you going to continue to troll this forum 24/7 calling every new poster Pike? Maybe you should just take a shower that you probably desperately need.

Even if a poster was Pike, your entire life is so wrapped up in it, it's scary. As everyone knows you've done the same to me. And, yes, I am a female poster. Get a life. Preferably on a Yankee forum for once.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Reality says the Sox have no trading chips to offer the Marlins in order to get Hanley Ramirez.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley in a trade? : Well since I don't have the power to remove repetitive, detrimental topics, then I reserve the right to express my adverse reaction to them! Can you please explain to me which player called Beckett out for quitting because I must not have read the paper that day? Beckett was not at his best in September, but then again who was?? But I wouldn't say he quit, I'll leave that distinction for Manny Ramirez on the Red Sox. In addition, the other Ramirez (must be in the name) ALSO QUIT on his team when he stop hustling and forced his manager to bench him...funny how you see things only one way!

http://audio.weei.com/a/46953278/the-latest-dirt-on-beckett-lester-lackey-and-terry-francona.htm

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley in a trade? : Are you going to continue to troll this forum 24/7 calling every new poster Pike? Maybe you should just take a shower that you probably desperately need. Even if a poster was Pike, your entire life is so wrapped up in it, it's scary. As everyone knows you've done the same to me. And, yes, I am a female poster. Get a life. Preferably on a Yankee forum for once.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Zac over the years has survived some pretty intelligent Sox posters here on this site, HH, Thinman and Larry to name a few, they were not only clever but very funny too, I doubt the drivel from a clumsy dunce like you is going have any luck driving him out of town.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]Partial solve: Trade Youk, Beckett and Iggy for Hanley and a pitching prospect. The Marlins are close for the wildcard but they need another strong starter and someone willing to play 3 B. It all depends on how badly they want to move Hanley. The Sox need another bat and a capable SS. I would feel comfortable with Aviles and Punto sharing 3 B moreso them sharing SS. In addition it moves Beckett--who will be a distraction all season. This may wind up being the big trade LL talked about since early in the post season. Then sign Oswalt and Gonzales.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Bad trade.  Marlins will win this trade and will win the world series!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley in a trade? : http://audio.weei.com/a/46953278/the-latest-dirt-on-beckett-lester-lackey-and-terry-francona.htm

Well thanks for 12+ minutes of D&C regurgitation...however, I didn't catch the "PLAYER" that called out Beckett for quitting...sure Bob Hohler wrote it, and Dennis and Callahan reported it but which player said that their teammate had quit??

In addition, based on that story, it sure sounded to me that Mr Lester, Buchholz and Lackey were equally culpable. Oh yeah, Beckett is the so-called leader and so the other guys are allowed to be sheep!

Now I am equally disgusted that these guys decided to go back to college and lose focus while their teammates were on the field...but if you are going to take down Beckett...Lester, Buchholz, Lackey & Wakefield have to pay the piper also.

If we are determined to run Beckett out of town, then the other guys should also reside on your hit list!

geo, can you take a deep breath and move on from this now??? Let's let these guys hang themselves under Valentine now...if Beckett is the bad apple you claim he is, than Bobby V will listen to you and run him out of town on a rail...but don't expect Hanley Ramirez to be returning here anytime soon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley in a trade? : Well thanks for 12+ minutes of D&C regurgitation...however, I didn't catch the "PLAYER" that called out Beckett for quitting...sure Bob Hohler wrote it, and Dennis and Callahan reported it but which player said that their teammate had quit?? In addition, based on that story, it sure sounded to me that Mr Lester, Buchholz and Lackey were equally culpable. Oh yeah, Beckett is the so-called leader and so the other guys are allowed to be sheep! Now I am equally disgusted that these guys decided to go back to college and lose focus while their teammates were on the field...but if you are going to take down Beckett...Lester, Buchholz, Lackey & Wakefield have to pay the piper also. If we are determined to run Beckett out of town, then the other guys should also reside on your hit list! geo, can you take a deep breath and move on from this now??? Let's let these guys hang themselves under Valentine now...if Beckett is the bad apple you claim he is, than Bobby V will listen to you and run him out of town on a rail...but don't expect Hanley Ramirez to be returning here anytime soon.

im not running anyone out of town...beckett deserves blame..as do the others...and of course the manager....but i am focused on 2012....i hope they surprise me...im going to enjoy Bobby V, Iggy, lava, bard the most...i think this season should be about them - thats the way i am going to enjoy it

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley in a trade? : im not running anyone out of town...beckett deserves blame..as do the others...and of course the manager....but i am focused on 2012....i hope they surprise me...im going to enjoy Bobby V, Iggy, lava, bard the most...i think this season should be about them - thats the way i am going to enjoy it

Well that we agree on!! Although it's interesting the names you mention here...Iggy and Lava might not even make the team and we still don't know for sure what role Bard will play in 2012...it looks like a starter, but I don't believe that is etched in stone. Bobby V will be an interesting difference to watch as manager...we should expect more arguing with umps and getting run out of games, then Tito.

The guys I am interested in are Agon, Pedey, Youk, Ellsbury, Ross, Salty and Aviles.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley in a trade? : Well that we agree on!! Although it's interesting the names you mention here...Iggy and Lava might not even make the team and we still don't know for sure what role Bard will play in 2012...it looks like a starter, but I don't believe that is etched in stone. Bobby V will be an interesting difference to watch as manager...we should expect more arguing with umps and getting run out of games, then Tito. The guys I am interested in are Agon, Pedey, Youk, Ellsbury, Ross, Salty and Aviles.

yes, those guys are a given...but im really hoping bobby gives the younguns a shot...i dont care if we make the playoffs this yr....i just want to see us play hard and compete...cant be any worse than the last two years

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hanley in a trade? : yes, those guys are a given...but im really hoping bobby gives the younguns a shot...i dont care if we make the playoffs this yr....i just want to see us play hard and compete...cant be any worse than the last two years

Man, you are a tough customer.  2011 was a disaster.  But 2010, you think that club didn't play hard and compete?  I thought that was one of the most inspiring clubs I have seen in a long time.  I mean, Darnell McDonald was about the best healthy player they had on the roster for August and September.  It is amazing they were as competitive as they were.  I just don't see how you can lump the 2010 and 2011 clubs in together.  They both feel short, but not for the same reasons.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

2010 was much better, but they did fade down the stretch...that August series in Tampa when Tito singlehandedly gave away the series with his idiotic piching moves was the worst I had ever seen from him....but you are right space, the 10 team played hard for the most part...but stll very disappointing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonola. Show nonola's posts

What makes anyone think that just because Miami spent more money they would take on 30,000,000 more in salaries from Boston? If the sox want HR they will have to give up at least bucholtz, Iglesias, and middlebrooks. That's about a 4 million savings for them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolgolds. Show carolgolds's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Hanley in a trade? : IT'S BAAAACK! Another Hanley Ramirez trade post -- WHEN WILL IT EVER JUST GO AWAY?? I'll say it again, this guy is a clubhouse cancer (he learned from the best, his namesake Manny) and he is not good defensively, yet still a select few want to bring this malcontent back to Boston, over and over and over again!!

Gosh, I thought I might have written this post - since these are my thoughts exactly.  Hanley is lazy and Ozzie Guillen is going to have his hands full with this temperamental brat. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

This Lefty Grove is like the high school prankster who puts a ripe piece of Limberger cheese under the teacher's desk and then walks out of the classroom and waits to hear about what the response was at a ater time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Why not Larry Luccino says that we will "fly past" the luxury tax.