Have to love Youk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Have to love Youk

In Response to Re: Have to love Youk:
    [QUOTE]Kevin Youkilis has started in 180 games for the Sox at third and 534 at first in his Red Sox career. I always had a sense that he was happy playing at either corner. Coming into this year and at 32 years of age we hopefully all knew he would not play in much more than 140 games this year. 1. Kevin is unfortunately injury prone. His body type (6'1" and over 220lb) and his injury history is clear, no? Was he perhaps overused this year? 2. The Sox obviously chose him over Adrian Beltre last Fall/Winter. Questioning that choice is useless at this point. Both had a certain level of risk. We are all aware of Adrian missing a bunch of games this year. 3. IMHO Kevin is a risk in going forward. 4. Picking him as the DH for 2012 in September of 2011 is silly.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind, Beltre has been injured this year too. Youk has played in 119 games, and Beltre in 112.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have to love Youk : Papi doesn't play the field. That's to say, he doesn't play on the field.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what that has to do with Ortiz not getting a pass like Pedey and Youk. If he's hurt, he's hurt. No sense, going up to the plate and go 0-for-4 just to show how "tough" he is if he can't swing the back.

And beyond that -- he's around the top 3 in OPS (haven't checked in the last few days). With the way he's produced this year and last year, I want that bat in the order regardless of whether or not he's a DH-only.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Those who play on the field have a much greater risk of injury.
    Lowrie might be a decent hitter if he can stay healthy long enough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Kevin Youkilis reportedly will not play Friday evening:

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21139871/injury-forces-youkilis-out-lineup-friday

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

I wonder if Dr. Gill is considering cortisone for the hernia...hmmmm...I think the Sox medical staff would do well in opening a pain management clinic for those suffering chronic pain in the Greater Boston area. Medicate or operate? Operate or medicate? Such a dilemma.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I don't spend nearly as much time here as I did while in Oregon. I suppose it has something to do with being in the vicinity...I have come to rely on my own sources here in greater Boston than on this forum for information. I get to watch a lot more games too! I hope you've been well, it is nice to see some of the regulars holding down the fort too. Coincidentally I now work for a distributor of all natural supplements for joint health. We never claim to be doctors but we are more open to a healthy and wholistic approach to injury diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation than "sports medicine" folks are. When I think about Josh Beckett, Jacoby Ellsbury, Mike Lowell, Jed Lowrie, Tim Wakefield and other Red Sox players suffering injury I cringe.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Funny you mentioning that. A few years back, I opted to go outside conventional medicine and explored the herbal/natural field, and it literally saved my azz. Had an inflamed prostate due to an infection (not an enlarged prostate due to age, etc.).

Anti-inflammatory meds didn't cut it. Surgery was the likely option as it adversely affected a colon disorder. I spent weeks at a local naturalistic store on their computer gathering data. Finally, one of the girls brought the product "ZYFLAMEND" to my attention. I took it and in a few weeks was fine. It's since become the #1 selling herbal in the U.S. for healthy inflammation response.

In addition, I had my mother, who lives outside the Boston area, try a lactose intolerance enzyme. She has suffered horribly for years from this disorder.
    It worked. Now she can eat dairy at will. I definitely buy into alternative approaches beyond what medical doctors advocate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saluda. Show Saluda's posts

the man is hurt and he plays 100% when he does play.. I love the guy  but he isn't going to be effective for the rest of the year.. anyway we can buy another 3rd baseman to replace him for the rest of the year?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have to love Youk : Funny you mentioning that. A few years back, I opted to go outside conventional medicine and explored the herbal/natural field, and it literally saved my azz. Had an inflamed prostate due to an infection ( not an enlarged prostate due to age, etc.). Anti-inflammatory meds didn't cut it. Surgery was the likely option as it adversely affected a colon disorder. I spent weeks at a local naturalistic store on their computer gathering data. Finally, one of the girls brought the product "ZYFLAMEND " to my attention. I took it and in a few weeks was fine. It's since become the #1 selling herbal in the U.S. for healthy inflammation response. In addition, I had my mother, who lives outside the Boston area, try a lactose intolerance enzyme. She has suffered horribly for years from this disorder. It worked. Now she can eat dairy at will. I definitely buy into alternative approaches beyond what medical doctors advocate.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I'm happy to hear that you think out of the box.

Most Americans are uninformed with regard to medical treatment.

Although I don't advocate bringing in a faith healer or Native American medicine man; if people are foolish enough to NOT review the literature and become knowledgeable on their own with regard to the conditions they suffer from? Good luck with conventional medicine. Jed Lowrie was wise enough to seek another opinion with regard to his hamate bone being a dislocated fracture. He suffered through what I will call "diagnostic staleness" in following the MGH course. Not until he acted on his own did he find relief. Miracle of miracles! Pablo Sandoval had a similar injury THIS YEAR! He had immediate surgery and has been able to resume his All Star year.

I continue to call into question the orthopedic treatments suggested by the vaunted MGH group.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

You have to love him, but he is killing the team. He's injured and should not and can't play right now.

Since August 1, he's hitting sub .200 with 2 HR, 6 RBI, who's striking out 25% of the time. Take a seat.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]JackBU is the fly on the wall in the dugout, clubhouse, and executive offices. Listen to him carefully and you will know everything that goes on behind closed doors.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

And..Beaconhill who has been here less than a week and already has over 300 posts is...well..a conveniently placed troll.
    If you listen to sports radio and inform yourself...you basically know most things. It is not rocket science. Very little of what goes on "behind closed doors" actually stays there for very long.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

SeriousIn Response to Re: Have to love Youk:
    [QUOTE] It's the ghost of September past, I swear I saw Mike Lowell playing third the other night. Can't move, can't run, can't hit, but hey, the fans just adore him.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUO
    Seriously...it seems like most years you can never take anything for granted with the Sox..and this is not the first September that has been a nail biter for the fans. I am glad they got a much needed..much needed win last night and it was just about one of the most important games of the year...but they truly don't make it easy on the fans...
    By the way...fans adored Mike Lowell for the same reasons they adore Kevin Youkilis...because both are "stand up" players who always give their all for their team and their fans. Both would rather play hurt..than desert their fans( even though that is not always best)...and both have "heart"...sometimes  being a great team player is about more than the numbers on the board. The numbers are nice..but they don't always tell the whole story.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have to love Youk : Thanks, I thought that I had this poster pegged correctly. It is surprising that others let everything pass by. It must be that the fraternity is concerned about forum traffic.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

[And..Beaconhill who has been here less than a week and already has over 300 posts is...well..a conveniently placed troll.
    If you listen to sports radio and inform yourself...you basically know most things. It is not rocket science. Very little of what goes on "behind closed doors" actually stays there for very long. by miscricket]

Looks like the old lady gave you a lashing this morning.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Go back to my page #3 comment. I was agreeing with you.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

As much as i love Youk the guy is always hurt. I know hes not faking but does that matter, unfortunately his body is not able for a full season of baseball. He is starting to resemble one of my favorite Sox ever Mikey Lowell. Loved him to death and it was horrible watching his last few years were you could almost feel the pain he was in. This year Youk is batting .258 with 17 HRs. Thats simple not good enough for a clean up hitter with the three guys he has in front of him. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]Miscricket: Thanks for pointing that out about Beacon Hill.  Anyone with that many posts in a week must have issues.  Good point about nothing stays in the  locker room.  The writers always seem to know everything. Well I guess there are miracles.  Papi got a long single and a doube.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

Are You the forum's designated Papi basher? Every post of yours on every thread is the same.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

You're kidding?! How could you let Ortiz go after a season like this. He has been the most consistent hitter on this team the whole year. Imagine 2012 without Ortiz and Papelbon?