Here's a thought for the weekend.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Here's a thought for the weekend.

Why does a team named the Mariners have a guy in a moose costume as a mascot?

Wouldn't this guy be more appropriate?...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Re: Here's a thought for the weekend.

In Response to Here's a thought for the weekend.:
    [QUOTE]Why does a team named the Mariners have a guy in a moose costume as a mascot? Wouldn't this guy be more appropriate?...
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

u shouldn't expect logic maybe from a team that sent us Varitek & was it Lowe? for some has been reliever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

ps that's pretty funny, a moose! -- thanks for the chuckle

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Why do the Red Sox have a mascot named Wally the Green Monster?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2006/02/13/1139871926_7558.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/gallery/02_13_06_equipment_truck%3Fpg%3D4&h=375&w=500&sz=58&tbnid=FzjspJgou8DZdM:&tbnh=94&tbnw=125&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dred%2Bsox%2Bmascot%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=red+sox+mascot&docid=cFw5W3u-JFYX7M&hl=en&sa=X&ei=TuJGTsC6OaHiiAKJ_4X0AQ&sqi=2&ved=0CEMQ9QEwBg

Would these be better?

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=red+socks&hl=en&sa=G&biw=1680&bih=889&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=FYfJbjrrOJ7fnM:&imgrefurl=http://socksinthecitysf.blogspot.com/2008/02/red-thigh-high-socks.html&docid=xmfQ3AbwWPVJvM&w=236&h=320&ei=duNGTuzPCoTkiALako3pAQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=75&page=3&tbnh=149&tbnw=114&start=86&ndsp=50&ved=1t:429,r:39,s:86&tx=65&ty=116

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=red+socks&hl=en&sa=G&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=LkdWPzIop1HsAM:&imgrefurl=http://www.bettyrothaus.com/home/index.php%253Flocation%253Dgallery%2526folder%253D3833&docid=KUQQnJfnpAgLNM&w=600&h=800&ei=duNGTuzPCoTkiALako3pAQ&zoom=1&biw=1680&bih=889&iact=rc&dur=67&page=2&tbnh=133&tbnw=100&start=36&ndsp=50&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:36&tx=54&ty=86

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

This is what Beckett wants to do to the mascot

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Why does a team named the Mariners have a guy in a moose costume as a mascot? Wouldn't this guy be more appropriate?...

Please. You're making my head hurt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Why would the Gorton's fisherman be more appropriate?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Moose and Squirel. . .I miss the Bullwinkle cartoons

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: Here's a thought for the weekend.:
    [QUOTE]Moose and Squirel. . .I miss the Bullwinkle cartoons
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

They are out on DVD.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Classic.  That's some funny stuff.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

[QUOTE]Why do the Red Sox have a mascot named  Wally the Green Monster?

Because the wall that Wally is named after is called the Green Monster.  As for the Moose I have no idea but maybe there are lots of moose in Washington state.  And moose are cuter and sell more than fishermen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Its not exactly standard grade school history book material, so I know it might seem obscure.  But the Suquamish people of the Puget Sound, almost a thousand years ago, used to tie string/bait around moose's snouts and float the moose out on kayaks into the sound.  The moose, attracted by the shimmering waters and colorful fish below the surface, would hang their heads over the sides of the boats, and do the job of fish catching for the tribe.  When they herded the boats back in, the moose would have snouts full of fish for the whole community.  In this way, moose were the original seafaring fishermen, or, mariners, of the pacific northwest.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]Its not exactly standard grade school history book material, so I know it might seem obscure.  But the Suquamish people of the Puget Sound, almost a thousand years ago, used to tie string/bait around moose's snouts and float the moose out on kayaks into the sound.  The moose, attracted by the shimmering waters and colorful fish below the surface, would hang their heads over the sides of the boats, and do the job of fish catching for the tribe.  When they herded the boats back in, the moose would have snouts full of fish for the whole community.  In this way, moose were the original seafaring fishermen, or, mariners, of the pacific northwest.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

WOW !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]Its not exactly standard grade school history book material, so I know it might seem obscure.  But the Suquamish people of the Puget Sound, almost a thousand years ago, used to tie string/bait around moose's snouts and float the moose out on kayaks into the sound.  The moose, attracted by the shimmering waters and colorful fish below the surface, would hang their heads over the sides of the boats, and do the job of fish catching for the tribe.  When they herded the boats back in, the moose would have snouts full of fish for the whole community.  In this way, moose were the original seafaring fishermen, or, mariners, of the pacific northwest.

cool spaceman

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Here's a thought for the weekend. : Why would the Gorton's fisherman be more appropriate?
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Er, because he's a mariner?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

Well done, and you got two people to bite, hook , line and sinker - I think you're the fisherman here.  Me, I don't believe a word of it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]Moose and Squirel. . .I miss the Bullwinkle cartoons
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    You can watch them on hulu.com for free.

Spaceman: LMFAO!!!

edit: Seriously...LMFAO!!!!!

edit#2:CMEOL (Crying My Eyes Out Laughing)!!!!!