HERES THE LINE....BOGAERTS TO PLAY.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

HERES THE LINE....BOGAERTS TO PLAY.....

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 3m #RedSox: Ellsbury CF, Victorino RF, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Napoli 1B, Gomes LF, Drew SS, Bogaerts 3B, Ross C + Lester SP.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: HERES THE LINE....BOGAERTS TO PLAY.....

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pitiful, removing Middlebrooks to cover for S. Drew's pitiful 2012 and 2013 playoffs. S. Drew and his splits prior to the 2012 and 2013 post season weren't impressive, but they mean nothing now. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah.....kind of a shocker.  I guess JF wants defense in there and Drew to bat against RHP.  While I understand the rational....this team needs a jumpstart on offense and keeping WMB out of the lineup with his potential at the plate is the wrong move. 

I hope he make us eat our words.....

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]

Well, at least he corrected his incomeptent Game 1 Gomes DNP and has him for Nava. I can't fault him for Drew, Cherry has a mandate on Drew. No one in their right minds would start Drew after what his 2012 and 2013 playoff numbers are, other than a GM who spent 9.5M on a mercenary who hit no better than Iglesias and fielded worse. 

No suprise that Iglesias held his own with the bat, in Game 4, and Drew, well, you guessed it! The big zero!

[/QUOTE]

Iglesias held his own?  He hit a GIDP that would have ended the 2d inning Tigers rally at 1 run in, but Pedroia fumbled the ball.   And for the season Drew has better defensive stats than Iglesias.  In the ALCS Drew has had twice as many fielding chances as Iglesias.  Like everyone else, I think Iglesias is brilliant, but he hasn't shown it yet.  In game 2 his error led to an unearned run that was the winning run in the bottom of the 9th. 

As for Drew, he had plenty of company.  Ortiz also had a big fat zero. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well, at least he corrected his incomeptent Game 1 Gomes DNP and has him for Nava. I can't fault him for Drew, Cherry has a mandate on Drew. No one in their right minds would start Drew after what his 2012 and 2013 playoff numbers are, other than a GM who spent 9.5M on a mercenary who hit no better than Iglesias and fielded worse. 

No suprise that Iglesias held his own with the bat, in Game 4, and Drew, well, you guessed it! The big zero!

[/QUOTE]

Iglesias held his own?  He hit a GIDP that would have ended the 2d inning Tigers rally at 1 run in, but Pedroia fumbled the ball.   And for the season Drew has better defensive stats than Iglesias.  In the ALCS Drew has had twice as many fielding chances as Iglesias.  Like everyone else, I think Iglesias is brilliant, but he hasn't shown it yet.  In game 2 his error led to an unearned run that was the winning run in the bottom of the 9th. 

As for Drew, he had plenty of company.  Ortiz also had a big fat zero. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, Softy's hanging his hat on the single Iglesias hit in the 8th of Doubront (Sox #5 starter/longman).  He also had another FC and a sacrifice in his 4 PAs.

Not to mention that on the second FC, he was actually out at first (for a DP) but was called safe.

Drew could go 4-4 with 8 RBIs tonight and Softy would only see the foul ball down the left field line he didn't get to.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Since both Drew and Middlebrooks have been equally as bad with the bat, I like the move to move Xander into the lineup and playing third.  To be honest, it doesn't matter what one he replaces as we just need his bat in there to hopefully add a spark to the bottom half of the lineup.  

Drew has good numbers on the year vs. right handed pitching and it is significantly better on the year than Middlebrooks in that respect.  I like this move as Drew is due for a hot streak... he is too good of a hitter vs. righties to be shut down this long.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 3m #RedSox: Ellsbury CF, Victorino RF, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Napoli 1B, Gomes LF, Drew SS, Bogaerts 3B, Ross C + Lester SP.

[/QUOTE]

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 1m

Bogaerts will be youngest postseason starter for #RedSox since LHP Babe Ruth in 1916 WS. But trade to Yankees is unlikely.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Peter Abraham expressed it all in this statement

" 24 of 129 (.186) in four games against the Tigers with 10 runs."

Red Sox need to break out of this funk.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

To remind:  the whole lineup stinks, collectively and almost individually.  Ellsbury is hitting .333, but 4 of his hits came last night in a losing cause. 

I have defended Drew because I think he is the right guy to keep.  But I would not have been overly exercised if Bogaerts played SS. 

The issue is that Bogaerts can't fix the hitting by himself.  If you doubt that, go back and look at the 9th inning last night.  Bogaerts leads off with a double, and Ellsbury gets him all the way around with a triple.  Man on 3d,nobody out, and one run in with the 2, 3, and 4 batters coming up.  So Vic strikes out, Pedroia does the same, and Ortiz hits a harmless groundout. 

This team has the human version of dutch elm disease, and we already know what causes that.  Great Detroit pitching. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

You are the most consistent irrelevant poster.

Everyone can be sure you will write something most posters know and find irrelevant.

You probably love the 15 minute Geico slogan: "Everybody Knows That."

So yesterday you wanted Nava in the lineup he gets a hit, today you want Gomes in the lineup against a RH pitcher. Nava batting .333 Gomes is at .250.