Hill's Crystal Ball: Middlebrooks to need more time in AAA in 2013

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Hill's Crystal Ball: Middlebrooks to need more time in AAA in 2013

You just can't live without seeing your name on the front page can you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

says the dolt who wanted us to sign guthrie and a broken grady sizemore (not to mention a slew of other players who have no business being on a MLB roster). also the J Upton pipe dream.

the day you have an intelligent thought will be your first.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He continues to show amazing insight, as he did when he said the Padres could afford to keep AGon and Figgins was going to help the Mariners even if the market made his contract an overpay.

Folks, this guy is not a Red Sox fan but he comes here to provide free insights to help Red Sox fans. He loves the Mariners who he said are young and on the rise at season end. Because of fans like Hill, the Mariners are one of the best run and most efficient MLB winning machines in all of baseball. They are a tiny market team that regularly outperforms the middle and big marke teams.

When this guy posts, be sure to read these amazing insights.

[/QUOTE]

If he thinks Middlebrooks needs more time in AAA. Then Hill needs more time in AA and not the minors i'm talking about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

If he thinks Middlebrooks needs more time in AAA. Then Hill needs more time in AA and not the minors i'm talking about.

LOL

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

says the dolt who wanted us to sign guthrie and a broken grady sizemore (not to mention a slew of other players who have no business being on a MLB roster). also the J Upton pipe dream.

[/QUOTE]

He also wanted Nick Johnson, then claimed he was the "leader in advocating for Beltre".

Since he offered junk as his plan 1 and 2 for 1B, his only realistic plan was a Loney/Gomez platoon.

His plan to improve our rotation last year was to offer 4 guys $1M/1Yr deal. They all signed for $3M or more. Then, to save face, he claimed a 5.00 starter ERA was not a problem. He further proved he still believes that by saying Guthrie at $5M x 2 was the solution.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

wanted us to sign guthrie and a broken grady sizemore (not to mention a slew of other players who have no business being on a MLB roster). also the J Upton pipe dream.

My value offer to Guthrie was 2 years and base 5, so there is no such thing in my business as "wanting to sign". As for "broken Sizemore", I like a minor league contract for 1M to Sizemore and Pods, a MLB contract to R. Johnson for 1 to 2M,  as opposed to 40 million on Shane.

You were a cheerleader for the Crawford pipe dream. Trading for J. Upton is no pipe dream.

[/QUOTE]

i wasn't even on the boards when CC was signed! i started posting here in the 11-12 offseason. i never liked CC because he was my best friends favorite player and big numbah 2 was my favorite player but as a sox fan i supported CC and wanted him to play well (like i do with anyone who puts the sox uni on). i gotta hand it to you though, at least your consistent. "if i can't win i'll just make crap up to try to discredit my opponent"

get on my level softy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He also wanted Nick Johnson, then claimed he was the "leader in advocating for Beltre".

Since he offered junk as his plan 1 and 2 for 1B, his only realistic plan was a Loney/Gomez platoon.

His plan to improve our rotation last year was to offer 4 guys $1M/1Yr deal. They all signed for $3M or more. Then, to save face, he claimed a 5.00 starter ERA was not a problem. He further proved he still believes that by saying Guthrie at $5M x 2 was the solution.

[/QUOTE]

he was born with a missing chromosome..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I'm laughing as well because, for what it's worth, I'm a non-drinker.

My exact words were: "I hope Middlebrooks performs well in 2013, but I would not be surprised if he spends some time in Pawtucket."

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/middlebrooks/100/6460139

I hope Will Middlebrooks performs well and never sees Pawtucket.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm laughing as well because, for what it's worth, I'm a non-drinker.

My exact words were: "I hope Middlebrooks performs well in 2013, but I would not be surprised if he spends some time in Pawtucket."

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/middlebrooks/100/6460139

[/QUOTE]

It was probably the best line on this whole useless thread.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

So many lies.

Not even worthy of a response.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Red Sox System 2013 players with 3B experience:

1. Ciriaco 27yo  3502 MiLB PA  .299 OBP

2. Gomes  28 yo   "fields like Beltre, if Beltre lost a leg"

3. Ivan De Jesus  25yo  30 HR in 7 yrs MiLB

4.  Bogaerts  20yo

5.  Cecchini  21yo

Care to rethink this one, Dr. Hill?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]

He continues to show amazing insight, as he did when he said the Padres could afford to keep AGon and Figgins was going to help the Mariners even if the market made his contract an overpay.

Folks, this guy is not a Red Sox fan but he comes here to provide free insights to help Red Sox fans. He loves the Mariners who he said are young and on the rise at season end. Because of fans like Hill, the Mariners are one of the best run and most efficient MLB winning machines in all of baseball. They are a tiny market team that regularly outperforms the middle and big marke teams.

[/QUOTE]

ever see the movie the jerk-that is you!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Softy is a fool but Hill you need to admit you have been wrong about WMB. However you won't.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Softy is a fool but Hill you need to admit you have been wrong about WMB. However you won't.

What exactly was I wrong about?

In the days leading up to the Kevin Youkilis trade, I wrote that I was not convinced that Will Middlebrooks would outperform Youkilis the remainder of the season. Here are their numbers after the trade:

KY 80 G, 344 PA, .236/.346/.425/.771

WM 35 G. 134 PA, .240/.276/.416/.692

I compared the minor league stats of Middlebrooks and Mark Reynolds. Here are their respective first-year MLB stats as 23-year-old thirdbasemen called up in May:

WM 75 G, 286 PA, .288/.325/.509/.835

MR 111 G, 414 PA, .279/.349/.495/.843

In light of their 2012 stats, my earlier comparison of the minor league stats of Middlebrooks and Seattle thirdbaseman Alex Liddi was misplaced.

Again, I hope Will Middlebrooks dispels my doubts about his MLB future.

tom-uk, I've resisted the temptation in recent weeks to write about the Red Sox lack of depth at thirdbase. I don't see an immediate contributor if Middlebrooks falters.

At any rate, I've bookmarked this thread for future reference.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

What exactly was I wrong about?

In the days leading up to the Kevin Youkilis trade, I wrote that I was not convinced that Will Middlebrooks would outperform Youkilis the remainder of the season. Here are their numbers after the trade:

KY 80 G, 344 PA, .236/.346/.425/.771

WM 35 G. 134 PA, .240/.276/.416/.692

I compared the minor league stats of Middlebrooks and Mark Reynolds. Here are their respective first-year MLB stats as 23-year-old thirdbasemen called up in May:

MR 111 G, 414 PA, .279/.349/.495/.843

In light of their 2012 stats, my earlier comparison of the minor league stats of Middlebrooks and Seattle thirdbaseman Alex Liddi was misplaced.

Again, I hope Will Middlebrooks dispels my doubts about his MLB future.

tom-uk, I've resisted the temptation in recent weeks to write about the Red Sox lack of depth at thirdbase. I don't see an immediate contributor if Middlebrooks falters.

At any rate, I've bookmarked this thread for future reference.

[/QUOTE]

sucks WMB got hurt or your numbers would actually be telling.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

One could speculate the Will Middlebrooks' wrist injury stopped his downward spiral.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

One could speculate the Will Middlebrooks' wrist injury stopped his downward spiral.

[/QUOTE]

in any case, the shortened season keeps those numbers from being good comparisons to one another.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

in any case, the shortened season keeps those numbers from being good comparisons to one another.

Of course, the slash line is not cumulative. We can compare the slash line for Middlebrooks' 75-game season to the slash line for the first 75 games, and last 75 games, of Mark Reynolds' rookie season:

MR1 75 G, 275 PA, .285/.339/.508/.848

MR2 75 G, 279 PA, .275/.348/.474/.821

Because of the small MLB samples, in the past I've relied heavily on the 1,706 minor league plate appearances of Will Middlebrooks and the 1,402 minor league plate appearances of Mark Reynolds.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Expecting Middy to pick up where he left off, or not going on the DL again isn't much of a stretch.  We need to have some type of insurance at 3B.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

Of course, the slash line is not cumulative. We can compare the slash line for Middlebrooks' 75-game season to the slash line for the first 75 games, and last 75 games, of Mark Reynolds' rookie season:

MR1 75 G, 275 PA, .285/.339/.508/.848

MR2 75 G, 279 PA, .275/.348/.474/.821

Because of the small MLB samples, in the past I've relied heavily on the 1,706 minor league plate appearances of Will Middlebrooks and the 1,402 minor league plate appearances of Mark Reynolds.

[/QUOTE]

thats more like it hill. i gotta say those are VERY simillar stats. hopefully WMB develops the same power as MR but without the high K rate.