How about Giancarlo Stanton in the Red Sox OF?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Re: How about Giancarlo Stanton in the Red Sox OF?

If my mom had a pair she would be my dad, but she's not.  This is the same pipe dream we have heard for years but won't happen.  Wake me when the pot wears off bro... we all been there.

Stanton isn't walking through that door, he won't until his price is over 10 mil a year when the fish are motivated to make a move.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Michaelkayn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How many "lets trade the farm for stanton" threads do we really need? It was the same thing wit Agon, he was gonna come here and hit 45 long balls a year and be the clean left handed Manny, I get that Stanton is great, if we get him for a reasonable package fine, but hes not coming this year more then likely. 

[/QUOTE]

I'd question if he is that great.  Very, very good, but he has 572/224K/W over 1749 ABs.  That's about 33% of his ABs end in a strikeout.  And he's averaged 130 starts over the last three years.  We're not quite talking about Trout/Machado here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

riveting thread.... I guess Stanton will compete for the title with Masterson/Hanley

[/QUOTE]

Dont forget all the "go get Adrian Gonzalez" threads prior to 12/10.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to notin's comment:

So ... is ot too early to start the "We need to trade for Mike Trout" threads, or do I have to wait another year?   And what year can I start the Bryce Harper Trade threads?   Too soon for Oscar Tavares?

A lot of these always seem to be based around the intolerable situation where some other team has a really good player.  Apparently Ben's job is to guard against that at all costs...

The grass is always greener with some posters here

You mean like this? I love the classics!

Im for getting Adrian Gonzalez. Hes a well proven left handed power hitter whos swing is perfect for Fenway. He will easily hit 40-50 HR every year in this park. IMO David Ortiz is getting close to the end, and we need a left handed power bat to replace him. Anthony Rizzo is expendable, lets get it done! Also, Ive not heard a lot of talk about this, but Carl Crawford is a FA this winter. Hes killed us, and it would be great to have that speed, durability and confidence working for US instead of for Tampa. It will really swing the balance of power for years to come. We get these two and we are a shoe in for at least an ALCS appearance! Guaranteed!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jasko2248's comment:

I know stranger things have happened, but I don't see it happening at all.  The Marlins would likely insist on Bogaerts, and the Sox wouldn't consider that deal straight up.  Despite the obvious talent with Stanton, he does have some question marks which have been beat to death on this board, and I don't think the Sox would deplete farm for an outfielder at this point.

And the Marlins would not consider a straight-up trade of Giancarlo Stanton for Xander Bogaerts.

Being a Seattle fan, I naturally avoid assigning the can't-miss label to a prospect.Embarassed

For that reason, I have avoided giving the can't-miss label to Seattle righthander Taijuan Walker, the pitching equivalent of Xander Bogaerts in terms of prospect stature.

Consider this:

Bogaerts and Walker were born seven weeks apart in 1992.  

In the 2013 preseason prospect rankings, Baseball America ranked Bogaerts No. 8 and Walker No. 18 while MLB.com Prospect Watch ranked Bogaerts No. 20 and Walker No. 5.  

Bogaerts made his MLB debut on August 20, 2013, and the rest of the season posted at WAR of 0.2, according to FanGraphs, or 0.3, according to Baseball Reference.  

Walker made his MLB debut on August 30, 2013, and the rest of the season posted a WAR of 0.5, according to FanGraphs, or 0.1, according to Baseball Reference.  

Following the 2013 season, MLB.com Prospect Watch ranked Bogaerts No. 6 and Walker No. 4 while John Sickels of Minor League Ball ranked Bogaerts No. 2 and Walker No. 4.  

I hope Bogaerts and Walker have long, successful MLB careers, but I don't consider either can't-miss at this point.

[/QUOTE]

I think all of those rankings were pre playoffs. Where Bogaerts showed great poise, excellent plate discipline, very good offense[2nd on the team in OPS] and quality defense. I think if you asked the 10 top experts who they rate higher, at least 9-10 would say Bogaerts NOW. Nothing against Walker. I really like him and rank him 5th myself. But I rate Bogaerts 1 and only Buxton is somebody I rate in his ball park.

One reason why being that I much prefer top rated hitters then pitchers. Six of my top 7 prospects are hitters. I think history says top 10 hitters do much better then top 10 pitchers.

Even though I agree that Bogaerts for Stanton on paper is a fair deal for the Red Sox, I definately would not do it. I would trade the 5th best prospect in baseball for Stanton however in a second. Even the 3rd best. But not Bogearts. He has clearly increased his value the last month and proven himself on the big stage. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to notin's comment:

So ... is ot too early to start the "We need to trade for Mike Trout" threads, or do I have to wait another year?   And what year can I start the Bryce Harper Trade threads?   Too soon for Oscar Tavares?

A lot of these always seem to be based around the intolerable situation where some other team has a really good player.  Apparently Ben's job is to guard against that at all costs...

Trade for Puig, and do it now. Send Pedroia, Lester, Ortiz, Gomes, Dubrount, Peavy, Buchholz, Bogaerts, Middlebrooks, Nava and Lackey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Not Nava

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to BMav's comment:

In response to hill55's comment:

I think all of those rankings were pre playoffs. Where Bogaerts showed great poise, excellent plate discipline, very good offense[2nd on the team in OPS] and quality defense. I think if you asked the 10 top experts who they rate higher, at least 9-10 would say Bogaerts NOW. Nothing against Walker. I really like him and rank him 5th myself. But I rate Bogaerts 1 and only Buxton is somebody I rate in his ball park.

One reason why being that I much prefer top rated hitters then pitchers. Six of my top 7 prospects are hitters. I think history says top 10 hitters do much better then top 10 pitchers.

Even though I agree that Bogaerts for Stanton on paper is a fair deal for the Red Sox, I definately would not do it. I would trade the 5th best prospect in baseball for Stanton however in a second. Even the 3rd best. But not Bogearts. He has clearly increased his value the last month and proven himself on the big stage. 

I agree that prospect attrition is higher among pitchers than among hitters, but I would not place too much weight on the small sample of Xander Bogaerts' postseason performance. Twenty-three of his 34 postseason plate appearances came in the World Series where Bogaerts posted a .238/.261/.333/.594 line with only one walk, striking out in more than one-third of his plate appearances. Despite that small sample, I hold Bogaerts in high regard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I don't trust MLB.coms prospect rankings but perhaps they will improve with Jim Cali's over there now....it dones seem that top 10 hitters pan out much more often than top 10 pitchers though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to SilverSun's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He is a big-time power hitter with a stong arm and he is young - 24 yrs old.  I would give Miggy, Bradly and a top prospect picher - like Webster or Workman or de La Rosa for him.

What say you?

[/QUOTE]

Like this hasnt been discussed a million times on here??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Agree  Venice  luv him on the cheap but question attitude but what I want 2 know is can u tell me the bad parts about Venice living cause little I've been there, I really like it so if I hear some bad stuff I'll feel better

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

My BDC Trade Obsessions Hall of Fame consists of Felix Hernandez, Adrian Gonzalez, Hanley Ramirez, Giancarlo Stanton, and all-time king Johan Santana. (Honorable mention to Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, and Justin Upton.)

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agree  Venice  luv him on the cheap but question attitude but what I want 2 know is can u tell me the bad parts about Venice living cause little I've been there, I really like it so if I hear some bad stuff I'll feel better

[/QUOTE]

hey billge... no downside living in Venice other than its really really expensive if youre intent is to buy a house...there is one small area of venice that I wouldnt live in but 95 % of it is good...