How is it that Farrell Leaves Doubront in for 120 pitches on bad starts, but takes him out after 93 tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: How is it that Farrell Leaves Doubront in for 120 pitches on bad starts, but takes him out after 93 tonight?

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

To me , Doubront stood a better chance of pitching a scoreless ninth than did Bailey.  Therefore , it was a mistake to bring in Bailey.  It's okay. Farrell is allowed an occasional hiccup.  If Bailey had been pitching like a dominant closer, I could have seen going to him. But that has not been the case , and Doubront had great stuff and had thrown 93 pitches. The percentages favored staying with Felix. That's how I saw it anyway.  

Stabbed by Foulke

And your position is reasonable.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Re: How is it that Farrell Leaves Doubront in for 120 pitches on bad starts, but takes him out after 93 tonight?

Because he is the mgr?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

In response to MichFan's comment:

Because he is the mgr?

Great point....also both Ellsbury and Victorino had made catches in that game of Doubrant pitches that had been hit as hard as Johnsons HR...just to area's that had more room. The bottom line was...Doubrant had never got to the ninth inning before and Bailey needs to pitch on a regular basis. I would have liked to see Doubrant get the CG but I also was aware of how fast things can spin out of control....look at Harvey's outing the other day against Atlanta...went from a no no to 4-3 in a hurry. Best thing about it was Gomes hitting a HR and punting his helmet...now I can say I have never seen that before and I hope Ortiz never tries it.