How Should a Fan Feel Right Now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

How Should a Fan Feel Right Now?

I'm not upset at the Sox right now.  Nor do I feel frustrated.  The best way I can describe my feelings towards the Sox right now is cathartic.  I wonder if that makes me a bad fan.

Perhaps I've now just become numb to a loss or perhaps I expect them now.

Is this what a KC or Pirates fan is usually like?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Re: How Should a Fan Feel Right Now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJNyQfAprY

hang in there

things will turn around soon

BTW

no need to post the link for

pink floyd -wish you were here ;-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Yes...take it from Zac, he really feels for you. lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I still feel optimistic. If the Sox can manage to win two out of three from here on out, they can still win 102 games. 2/3x150=100

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

too early to form any opinion.  Talent is there to go on a tear at any point in the season.

it is disconcerting to see the hole they need to get out is getting deeper and deeper.

new pitching coach, new catcher, new star position players, good players coming back from injuries last year, too cold for playing baseball (esp when the star new players come from warmer climes), poor luck --- all adding up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Cathartic?

Do you mean to say you guys are feeling relieved that the Red Sox suck?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

As dumb as this sounds, a fan should feel however they think they should feel.  Some people will be angry, frustrated, and depressed.   Some will feel hopeful.  Some will have given up.  How they feel is not an indicator of a "good fan" or a "bad fan". 

Personally, I still have faith.  I'm frustrated with the start to this season, yes, and I would like to see the boys get more wins.  But I'm still excited for every game, and will watch every game.  I still wear my hat with pride (and even though many jokes have been made - most by me - it is not pink) and I have no shame in being a Sox fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I think the ront office should be very thankful that fans are furious. 

Once the fans stop being angry and transition to indifference - Fenway will be empty.

I expect that the anger might keep the park full through June.  But if they are in last place on June 30 - you won't be able to give away tickets.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beat-Boston. Show Beat-Boston's posts

Crawford/Gonsalez replaced Beltre/Martinez.

Compare the numbers. How much better were Craw/Gon numbers than  Beltre/Martinez's last year? And Martinez can catch. Who's your catcher this year?

Sawx were better off resigning Beltre/Vic and spending $ on a starting pitcher.

Next year, go for Fielder or Pujols.

But then again, what do I know?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: How Should a Fan Feel Right Now?:
    [QUOTE]One man’s opinion! I feel Tito wasted away a great opportunity. His spring training program left a lot to be desired. His laid back approach to players signing autographs, interview giving, no hustle, hang out attitude was noticed by all. As the games went on the fans in the stands were wondering where the team cohesiveness was, new players on one side old players on the other. Lineup changes every game up until the last two games. During split games some players didn’t even sit in the dugout. You could feel the attitude “we just have to show up”. Our pitching staff hasn’t pitched any better than they did in spring training. Salty could never find second base. It’s the captain of the ship that has to get it ready to sail, Tito took the wrong approach with this group, and with all the team changes, new coaches and players this team needed a general to lead them to find their identity.   They weren’t ready for the big stage and it shows.
    Posted by SculEsqare[/QUOTE]

And after going 2-9 what do they decide to do?  Give them 2 days off.  No work out on Thursday

And after going 2-10 what do they decide to do?  Spend 2 hours before game time taking photos with the fans.  Bravo.

I can't wait for this team to go 2-20 - maybe I could go out with Pedey for a Beer at 6PM right before a yankee game?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

How should a fan feel right now?

If you've spent money on tickets, souveniers or anything Sox related you should feel cheated.

If you just turn on the T.V. and watch...at least you can catch a little extra nap time. The Matsuzaka starts are great snoozefests. I fell asleep in the 3rd inning and dreamed of Pedro,Millar, Nixon and Schilling. Guys who knew how to ratchet it up a notch when the going gets tough. Right now, this team is Pedroia and a bunch of clowns.