HR DERBY CASUALTIES

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

HR DERBY CASUALTIES

Well we've had  almost a month to see if the HR-D impacted production or not. The least impacted was LA's Matt Kemp with 4 HR's. The rest of the contestants show dubious results;
    Holiday 2
    Fielder 2
    Cano 2
    Weeks 2
    Ortiz 1
    Gonzales 1
    Bautista 1
      Yesterday ESPN commented on Ortiz' slide post Derby. Her's some context, pre Derby the players combined for 157 homeruns or about 30 per month, since the Derby, just 15. The HR DERBY is a bad luck hat!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiles-all-around. Show smiles-all-around's posts

Re: HR DERBY CASUALTIES

Gonzales is the worst cleanup hitter in baseball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to Re: HR DERBY CASUALTIES:
    [QUOTE]Gonzales is the worst cleanup hitter in baseball.
    Posted by smiles-all-around[/QUOTE]

He has a batting average about .100 higher than Tex and 5 more RBI's.  I guess he hits a lot of singles?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiles-all-around. Show smiles-all-around's posts

mikey, relax, it was a joke.  It was directed at Youkillus20 that made that statement back in May.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]mikey, relax, it was a joke.  It was directed at Youkillus20 that made that statement back in May.

I didn't say he was the worst, I was just pointing out facts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]mikey, relax, it was a joke.  It was directed at Youkillus20 that made that statement back in May.

back in may ?

smiles-all-around
    First: 8/4/2011
    Last: 8/4/2011     

why the need to be another  phony

I  don't get it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]Gonzales is the worst cleanup hitter in baseball.

Clean-up hitters bat 4th. Gonzales bats 3rd!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiles-all-around. Show smiles-all-around's posts

pinstripes why are you calling me a phoney.  I read a thread here TODAY that showed a post from May where Youkillus20 made this statement.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]pinstripes why are you calling me a phoney.  I read a thread here TODAY that showed a post from May where Youkillus20 made this statement.

you got me there

but I'm not changing my mind yet

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiles-all-around. Show smiles-all-around's posts

LOL, not changing your mind yet about what?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to HR DERBY CASUALTIES:
    [QUOTE]  Well we've had  almost a month to see if the HR-D impacted production or not. The least impacted was LA's Matt Kemp with 4 HR's. The rest of the contestants show dubious results; Holiday 2 Fielder 2 Cano 2 Weeks 2 Ortiz 1 Gonzales 1 Bautista 1   Yesterday ESPN commented on Ortiz' slide post Derby. Her's some context, pre Derby the players combined for 157 homeruns or about 30 per month, since the Derby, just 15. The HR DERBY is a bad luck hat!
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

Cano-3

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

[QUOTE]  Well we've had  almost a month to see if the HR-D impacted production or not. The least impacted was LA's Matt Kemp with 4 HR's. The rest of the contestants show dubious results; Holiday 2 Fielder 2 Cano 2 Weeks 2 Ortiz 1 Gonzales 1 Bautista 1   Yesterday ESPN commented on Ortiz' slide post Derby. Her's some context, pre Derby the players combined for 157 homeruns or about 30 per month, since the Derby, just 15. The HR DERBY is a bad luck hat!

It's not bad luck.  It's regression toward the mean.  Most of the hitters that participated in home run derby had higher than expected HR/FB rates (as compared to career norms and adjusted for run environment).  The so-called curse is just a performance correction.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to HR DERBY CASUALTIES : It's not bad luck.  It's regression toward the mean.  Most of the hitters that participated in home run derby had higher than expected HR/FB rates (as compared to career norms and adjusted for run environment).  The so-called curse is just a performance correction.
    Posted by redsoxfan791[/QUOTE]

Good point Chip, but without the numbers, it's just an opinion. Secondly, I had some sloppy math, the Derby Octet was averaging about 50 HR's per month, not the 30 I posted, this rate would generate 37.5 HR per player for a full season, not outside the realm of expectation for the group. The 15 the group has tallied is way off the 50 they had been averaging.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

So, What happened to smiles-all-around? The A-Gon comment back in May, was referring to the Adrian Gonzales of the one HR. Fortunately, a few kind souls pointed out that A-Gon was batting third mostly, not fourth. That was the error in the comment, not his low productivity.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYSTOMND2. Show NYSTOMND2's posts

Cano-3

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE] So, What happened to smiles-all-around? The A-Gon comment back in May, was referring to the Adrian Gonzales of the one HR. Fortunately, a few kind souls pointed out that A-Gon was batting third mostly, not fourth. That was the error in the comment, not his low productivity.

Your AGon thread has been nominated as the most ridiculous OP of the year and you should be ashamed of it as a Red Sox fan. Are you a Red Sox fan?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HR DERBY CASUALTIES : Your AGon thread has been nominated as the most ridiculous OP of the year and you should be ashamed of it as a Red Sox fan. Are you a Red Sox fan?
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

If you vote that way, you'll be duped, to the same degree that the masses were that voted for that "Lyin' Hawaiian". And yes I am  a Red Sox fan, I am not ashamed of being on the same page as Cafardo, Eckersly and the BTN team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to HR DERBY CASUALTIES : It's not bad luck.  It's regression toward the mean.  Most of the hitters that participated in home run derby had higher than expected HR/FB rates (as compared to career norms and adjusted for run environment).  The so-called curse is just a performance correction.
    Posted by redsoxfan791[/QUOTE]

If only we hadn't invented math. Then more baseball players could do well all the time instead of regressing to the mean. The rules of math are unforgiving!