I digress....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I digress....

Just wondering why every thread has to digress to juvenielle name calling? It's getting tougher and tougher to find a thread that's not polluted with personal attacks that have nothing to to with thread topic....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: I digress....

Amen

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

75% of the posters in here love the RS.  25% of the posters hate the RS.  Add to that dynamic that some people in here love stats, and that's where they argue from.  The ones that hate all the RS players oftentimes don't understand any stat that isn't on the back of a BB card.

I mean, there was one poster in here saying that the Hanrahan trade was a dumb trade, before he even knew which players were involved.  There is really no where for that conversation to go but downhill.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

75% of the posters in here love the RS.  25% of the posters hate the RS.  Add to that dynamic that some people in here love stats, and that's where they argue from.  The ones that hate all the RS players oftentimes don't understand any stat that isn't on the back of a BB card.

I mean, there was one poster in here saying that the Hanrahan trade was a dumb trade, before he even knew which players were involved.  There is really no where for that conversation to go but downhill.

[/QUOTE]

I think you misinterpret much of what guys like  ADG, Gerom and I are trying to convey. Just because we bash BC, it doen't mean we hate the Sox. We just think Ben is an incompetent b.oob, and the FO is dysfunctional.
    I guess it's a different dynamic depending on where you are from. For instance, I am from the west coast and as a Dodger fan growing up, they were still bums in LA. My football team is the Saints and I trash them every Sunday, especially their secondary. They make me so mad sometimes.

Same for the Sox, if I didn't love them, I wouldn't be as passionate as I am. It's like having a child who keeps making mistakes, you want to beat some sense into them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just wondering why every thread has to digress to juvenielle name calling? It's getting tougher and tougher to find a thread that's not polluted with personal attacks that have nothing to to with thread topic....

[/QUOTE]  BILL-806 & DAD certainly concur...........   You need to be a strong person to withstand the constant attacks by the lib/left/rad/soc/moonbats........  Hang in there , you will make it !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you misinterpret much of what guys like  ADG, Gerom and I are trying to convey. Just because we bash BC, it doen't mean we hate the Sox. We just think Ben is an incompetent b.oob, and the FO is dysfunctional.
    I guess it's a different dynamic depending on where you are from. For instance, I am from the west coast and as a Dodger fan growing up, they were still bums in LA. My football team is the Saints and I trash them every Sunday, especially their secondary. They make me so mad sometimes.

Same for the Sox, if I didn't love them, I wouldn't be as passionate as I am. It's like having a child who keeps making mistakes, you want to beat some sense into them.

[/QUOTE]

I understand this point, but its all the name calling by a few here that I think gets old

I sit in my living room and yell at the tv when something goes wrong. But it seems some here expect perfection. As far as BC and Gm's in general, They have way more info than any of us could ever dream of and as an organization have a plan. No, it doesnt always work out well nor will we always agree with it, but were no different from any other team. Every GM makes moves that are questioned or dont work out. I think were lucky in the fact that this team has a big enough payroll that we can take a few chances, unlike some teams. But with that comes more risk.

There are moves I completely dont agree with, but I think something that gets old as well is the constant complaining about it after its been done. I just root them on to do well and if they dont  Ill say that too. It seems though that some here love it when players they dont like or didnt want mess up just so they can say "see, I told you so." . Whats the point in that? Its like they want them to fail because they didnt agree with the teams decision.

Bottom line is we can agree or disagree on things but theres no reason to act like a child and start calling names. You can disagree and be civil about it. You can recognize that someone has a valid point but still have a different overall view than them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes you guys are passionate. However you all have bashed Ben, Theo, Tito, Bobby, all 3rd base coaches, any pitching coach, etc... at least it seems that way. Few if any trades are OK'd by you guys. You attack when others see it differently and seem to attack the RS on all fronts.

It is one thing to criticize however it is another to actually believe you know more than they guys in charge. Many here do not understand what BC is doing. From my point of view he is building the minor leagues while getting players who will fill needs and making the team competitive as quickly as possible. Not every player maybe the "best" in one person's view but they are the best in the FO's view and plan.

There was no game breaker available this year that came at a good value for the amount of years they wanted. Getting a Hamilton was the same as getting CC. Lots of money for many years that hamstrung the rest of the team needs.

Exactly why they wanted Napoli and Victorino they are by far better value than the other choices for many reasons. Such as versatility and what they can bring to the team over the 3 yr contracts.

Passion is one thing bashing others and the team because you BELIEVE you know better is ludicrous.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im pretty much over the name calling here. I post on a couple other sites where they dont allow posters to call you names like a little kid. they remove the post, unlike here. It just gets tiresome when trying to have a conversation about something and constantly have to see all the bs around here and get attacked for no reason.

Until the mods do something about it maybe its time to take a break from here and just post on the other sites that encourage debate, but in a civilized adult manner. I enjoy talking baseball with the majority of posters here, even the ones I dont agree with, but its to the point where some lines have been crossed. Maybe Ill be back when the season starts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  BILL-806 & DAD certainly concur...........   You need to be a strong person to withstand the constant attacks by the lib/left/rad/soc/moonbats........  Hang in there , you will make it !!

[/QUOTE]

Case and point.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

5 posts in and we have a name caller chime in.  This is your answer.  Too many posters who want to argue anything BUT baseball. 

Point is, though, it is the same few.  While I admit, they tend to make up a bigger percentage of the regular posters than in the past, it is not because there are more of them (some theorize it is the same two or three guys with multiple identities) but that there are fewer of the knowledgeable baseball people around than in years past.  Some have left, one went on to do his own baseball blog, a few have unfortunately passed away.

And, whatever happened to the "ignore" button?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Im pretty much over the name calling here. I post on a couple other sites where they dont allow posters to call you names like a little kid. they remove the post, unlike here. It just gets tiresome when trying to have a conversation about something and constantly have to see all the bs around here and get attacked for no reason.

Until the mods do something about it maybe its time to take a break from here and just post on the other sites that encourage debate, but in a civilized adult manner. I enjoy talking baseball with the majority of posters here, even the ones I dont agree with, but its to the point where some lines have been crossed. Maybe Ill be back when the season starts.

[/QUOTE]

If we had the "ignore" button  back, you could eliminate the offenders and there would be no need to take a break.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As I recall you were never a fan of Epstein's either. End of the day, while I don't share your viewpoint on most topics. In part because they always seem to come from a negetive slant...Differing opins makes for a lively debate. I come to this site to talk baseball. Not to worship  at the alter of my beloved Red Sox. As such I also don't mind challenging your positions and while we may agree to disagree. We can disagree without being disagreeable.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point.  For me, I just ignore any B.S. in the forums.  After all, it's just the internet.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1!!! +3 if that is possible.

Everyone has a different opinion. Fortunately! I like the discussion, but the personal attacks are unnecessary.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

As the old saying goes.."if I don't take you home I don't worry about you"  With that said, Its still in the back of my mind (the few times I post anything) what kind of trash will be headed my way.  I just like talking baseball and more importantly Red Sox baseball.  I love to read the stats that people like moon come up with and I like the different points made on the many subjects but I can live with out the trash.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

If that's not "ironic", I don't know what is!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Or SHUCKS, can't we all just get along ????     HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL !!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

There are probably a lot of actuall juvenielle's out there (< 21)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pinstripezac has attacked a number of my posts, and has put up insulting pictures of me. I think that trumps insulting comments. You apparently appreciate his posts as he's a pal of yours. So, I find it interesting that you create a thread somehow putting yourself above it all.

My advice to you and posters like you, for the most part from the other site, if you don't like abusive posts here, tell your friends to stop abusing Sox fans here. This is a Sox board. We should be able to post whatever we want here without being beaten up by Yankee trolls that some of you call your friends.

And FTR, your vague post is a little on the cowardly side as well. I've never written a vague post. When I'm posting about something, there is no question as to what or whom I'm referring to.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pinstripezac has attacked a number of my posts, and has put up insulting pictures of me. I think that trumps insulting comments. You apparently appreciate his posts as he's a pal of yours. So, I find it interesting that you create a thread somehow putting yourself above it all.

My advice to you and posters like you, for the most part from the other site, if you don't like abusive posts here, tell your friends to stop abusing Sox fans here. This is a Sox board. We should be able to post whatever we want here without being beaten up by Yankee trolls that some of you call your friends.

And FTR, your vague post is a little on the cowardly side as well. I've never written a vague post. When I'm posting about something, there is no question as to what or whom I'm referring to.

[/QUOTE]

Vague? LOL no.  

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

kimsaysnothing