I don't know how this season will end ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I don't know how this season will end ...

But this is one of my favorite Red Sox teams ever. Great personalities, never-say-die attitudes, and a real team atmosphere. They seem to really enjoy playing with each other.

Not the most  talented team by any means, but one of the most together. The antithesis of the 2011 team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: I don't know how this season will end ...

Yeah Ben C sure is looking like a genius for his offseason approach. Especially Victorino, Napoli, Gomes and Uehara.

Mandolin player and reluctant admirer of the New York Yankees

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

But this is one of my favorite Red Sox teams ever. Great personalities, never-say-die attitudes, and a real team atmosphere. They seem to really enjoy playing with each other.

Not the most  talented team by any means, but one of the most together. The antithesis of the 2011 team.

Cherington and Farrel both deserve a pat on the back and a job well done for retooling this club and changing the clubhouse culture in one season. With a tip of the cap to Henry and Luccino for facilitating the changes. While I too am enjoying the success we're having on the field and in the standings and agree that the 2013 team is just that a team. I am more so pleased that the drama that was is now in the past and given our depth in the system and the new found direction of the teams leadership the promise of more is within the teams grasp. Hopefully the ownership group has learned a valuable lesson and continue to stay the coarse and only draft and sign players that fit the ideal model and not allow themselves to get caught up in Yankee envy and allow the marketing deptment and the TV "ratings" to dictate player acquisitions in the future.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Minor thing is to remember much of the current minor leaguers came in under the Theo watch.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

This year should be a good example of the true meaning of "bridge year" bridge year doesn't mean your not going to compete, rather it's go out and sign Drew for one year because you Bogaerts will be there in 2014 (some don't like Drew I get that but this is just one example)  You spread the money around and build your team instead of putting all your eggs in one basket.  Not like the Sox don't go out and sign guys like Josh Hamilton, rather they thought they could go a different route and build a competitive team not only today but in the future. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Minor thing is to remember much of the current minor leaguers came in under the Theo watch.

This is VERY true....just like the 2004 team still had a lot of DD in them.  

Ben C has been here for a while though, but so far so good.  If he's a competent GM (which I'd say he is) then having the experience of already being in the Sox organization has probably been a advantage for him.

He was a large part of bringing in this talent with Theo and while maybe ultimately the guy at the top always gets the credit I do appreciate how Charrington has held onto it and been reluctant to trade prospects.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

They are back on the right road that they were on in 2003. They have been able to sign players and make some trades that will not affect the future of this ballclub all while creating a competetive and very likable team.

The players were starting to see come upo now were indeed on Theos watch, but remember that BC had a big part of that. Hes been with this organization before Henry & Co., starting in scouting and development. He was an Asst. GM when most of these kids were starting to see now, were signed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Mine too and Peavy is a perfect match.  This team is a player/youngster or two from being great one year after being horrible.  As long as we compensate for the possible loss of Ells and a couple others next season it should give our youngsters a chance to develop and keep us in the mix for quite some time. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

This year should be a good example of the true meaning of "bridge year" bridge year doesn't mean your not going to compete, rather it's go out and sign Drew for one year because you Bogaerts will be there in 2014 (some don't like Drew I get that but this is just one example)  You spread the money around and build your team instead of putting all your eggs in one basket.  Not like the Sox don't go out and sign guys like Josh Hamilton, rather they thought they could go a different route and build a competitive team not only today but in the future. 

Yes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Free Agency is dying my friends. Tampa is the prime example. Spend your money wisely, and keep building the Farm. Cardinals too, sorry.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

The Beginning & end of the succesful Beginning to the next 10 years of the Ben C era is the purge trade / sell off of A-Gon, Craw, & Beckett.  With one felled swoop, he purged LONG-TERM 'untradable' contracts, & unbelievably hit the re-set button, when so many thought the sox were unavoidably stuck under a gigantic bolder!  

Perhaps the best re-set in sports history!!!!!  Certainly worlds ahead of our Russian - USA diplomacy re-set!!!!

add JF at the helm, resigning Papi, the host of short term contracts, sticking with high quality/ no problems/ good clubhouse/ good character/ low ego guys, & being open to dipping into the minors, has helped create a positive fun loving 'TEAM CHEMISTRY' that is impossible to deny.  

Forget his role as GM, the guy is a WORLD CLASS chemist!!!!   :)

He's gonna make mistakes over the next 10 years, but he hits close to .600 & wins us at least one, I say 2, World  Series Titles.  :). :). 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Ooooooooops!

wrong thread!   Yikes.....  Not quite sure how I did that?

First time with the wife's I-pad

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Free Agency is dying my friends. Tampa is the prime example. Spend your money wisely, and keep building the Farm. Cardinals too, sorry.

Great point.

The Cards did sign Beltran, Westbrook, and Holliday

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Quite true. Out of Theo's last two drafts here (2010 and 2011) we've gotten Ranaudo, Cecchini, Workman, Barnes, Bradley, Owens, Swihart, and more. Bogaerts signed as an international FA under Theo's watch as well. Theo left Ben with a loaded farm system, one that we're now seeing begin to bear fruit...that should go a long way towards absolving whatever sins he committed with the contracts to Dice-K, Lackey, Beckett, A-Gon, Crawford, etc. etc. Things are heading in the right direction again, and Theo will have to be seen as a big reason why. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Red Sox fans have much to be happy about this year.

I had a dream that the Red Sox advanced to the World Series only to lose to the Dodgers.

Still, that ending would exceed preseason expectations.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Boston-LA, what a world series that would be.  Preview coming up!