I guess thats why we have spring training as our fat-cat pitcher goes 3 innings......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I guess thats why we have spring training as our fat-cat pitcher goes 3 innings......

And not a good 3 innings by Jon Lester to boot !!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Re: I guess thats why we have spring training as our fat-cat pitcher goes 3 innings......

In Response to I guess thats why we have spring training as our fat-cat pitcher goes 3 innings......:
    [QUOTE]   And not a good 3 innings by John Lester to boot !!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]
    No whining at least until you can spell the players' names.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: I guess thats why we have spring training as our fat-cat pitcher goes 3 innings......

In Response to Re: I guess thats why we have spring training as our fat-cat pitcher goes 3 innings......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I guess thats why we have spring training as our fat-cat pitcher goes 3 innings...... : No whining at least until you can spell the players' names.
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]Thank you , oh great wise one.....  I can't help it if Jon's mother actually wanted a little girl instead of a boy wonder !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'm still blaming the fried chicken.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I've decided I WILL buy a brick...and have it inscibed: "KFC - 2011"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

lester looks like the Hindenburg...someone get that man some veggies

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "I guess thats why we have spring training as our fat-cat pitcher goes 3 innings......": [QUOTE]   And not a good 3 innings by Jon Lester to boot !!!!!! Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE] I put about as much stock into a Spring Training start by an established veteran as I do into an article written by someone predicting the success or failure of a team's bullpen before the season starts...both are meaningless

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: I guess thats why we have spring training as our fat-cat pitcher goes 3 innings......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess thats why we have spring training as our fat-cat pitcher goes 3 innings...... : Thank you , oh great wise one.....  I can't help it if Jon's mother actually wanted a little girl instead of a boy wonder !!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]
    You can help it if you would use a little of the "discipline" you were allegedly taught in the navy to pay attention to details. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

My, how times have changed. I remember a time when pitchers like Juan Marichal use to throw complete games even in ST.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I don't see how as a group this staff is going to perform well... one or two of them may have good or even excellent seasons but as a group it looks bad.... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see how as a group this staff is going to perform well... one or two of them may have good or even excellent seasons but as a group it looks bad.... 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Are you speaking as a fan or a critic?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: I guess thats why we have spring training as our fat-cat pitcher goes 3 innings......": [QUOTE]I don't see how as a group this staff is going to perform well... one or two of them may have good or even excellent seasons but as a group it looks bad....  Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE] What "looks bad?!" They haven't really had any significant injuries, there hasn't been any drama, everyone seems to feel pretty good (Buchholz being the arguably the most important) even Dice-K seems to be ahead of schedule. What exactly do you expect in spring training? 7 shutout innings from every starter and 1,2,3 strike out innings from all of the relievers?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

It is the job of a troll to express unwarranted faux concern.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Pike would love Fortmeade;) And W.C. Fields wasn't funny to anyone with intelligence. Mark Twain was funny, Fields seemed to think a drunk was funny. It wasn't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: I guess thats why we have spring training as our fat-cat pitcher goes 3 innings......": What "looks bad?!" They haven't really had any significant injuries, there hasn't been any drama, everyone seems to feel pretty good (Buchholz being the arguably the most important) even Dice-K seems to be ahead of schedule. What exactly do you expect in spring training? 7 shutout innings from every starter and 1,2,3 strike out innings from all of the relievers?!
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]

I was not saying it looked bad based off ST - I find it hard to believe that Beckett, Lester, and Clay ALL will have stellar years based off what happened last year. So some research dude, the starting staff ranked very low in the most important categories. Now why should you think they will ALL have better seasons than 2011?

Tell us why you believe Bard will be able to handle the job?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "I guess thats why we have spring training as our fat-cat pitcher goes 3 innings......": I put about as much stock into a Spring Training start by an established veteran as I do into an article written by someone predicting the success or failure of a team's bullpen before the season starts...both are meaningless
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]Another great lib/response by a former "all world t-baller" !!   Heck, no need to be concerned, not until you start 2 & 10 in april !!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: I guess thats why we have spring training as our fat-cat pitcher goes 3 innings......": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess thats why we have spring training as our fat-cat pitcher goes 3 innings...... : I was not saying it looked bad based off ST - I find it hard to believe that Beckett, Lester, and Clay ALL will have stellar years based off what happened last year. So some research dude, the starting staff ranked very low in the most important categories. Now why should you think they will ALL have better seasons than 2011? Tell us why you believe Bard will be able to handle the job? Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE] I never said Buchholz, Beckett & Lester would "all have better seasons," but they are all healthy & seem pretty confident at this point. How is that "bad?" I also never said Bard "could handle the job," but he's done nothing to show that he "can't." Again, how is all of this bad? Even Cook, Padilla, Doubront & Aceves haven't disappointed this spring. Not sure how that's "bad," either. "The starting staff ranked low in the important categories" isn't worthy of a response....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Sure, but to listen to Lester you would think he pitched great. Just was off a couple of inches.