I guess Youk can continue to hit third now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I guess Youk can continue to hit third now?

The bashers were out a couple of days ago.  That seems to have died down.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now?

In Response to I guess Youk can continue to hit third now?:
    [QUOTE]The bashers were out a couple of days ago.  That seems to have died down.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

both youk and pedy look like they are ready to take off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

that stuff (youk being dropped down) was dumb.

I'dlike to know though what is up with you . . . He is clearly limping, and grimacing from time to time. I've heard Remy mention it a few times during the broadcasts but other than that nobody seems to have even bothered to ask youk or tito what the hell is up? How hurt is he? what is going on?

Did I just miss the explanation or is anybody else puzzled by this?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

sorry, I meant "what is up with youk" not "what is up with you" . . .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I was calling for Youk to bat 3rd during the winter, that said I don;t think it matters much as AGon and Youk in any form seem to be a dominating duo. And of course having Ortiz to back them-up is just too much for any team to take.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

IM GOING TO CALL THEO & TITO AND SUGGEST THAT YOUK HAS THE DAY OFF TODAY ....GIVE THAT ANKLE A BREATHER, THURSDAY IS AN OFF DAY !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]The bashers were out a couple of days ago.  That seems to have died down.

To expect players to come back from injuries and dominate like they used to is wrong.  All injuries take time to heal like Jacoby's ribs, Pedes ankle, Adrians labrum, Youks hand and others.  Knowing from my own experience, Adrian has probably still not regained full strength in his shoulder which explains a bit less power at this point but it will come.

I had Labrum surgery at the age of 35, granted I was older than Adrian but always stayed in shape.  It took me a little over a year to regain full strength in my shoulder so I am amazed at what he has done so far.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I guess Youk can continue to hit third now? : To expect players to come back from injuries and dominate like they used to is wrong.  All injuries take time to heal like Jacoby's ribs, Pedes ankle, Adrians labrum, Youks hand and others.  Knowing from my own experience, Adrian has probably still not regained full strength in his shoulder which explains a bit less power at this point but it will come. I had Labrum surgery at the age of 35, granted I was older than Adrian but always stayed in shape.  It took me a little over a year to regain full strength in my shoulder so I am amazed at what he has done so far.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]DID YOU PLAY FOR THE RED SOX ??Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now? : DID YOU PLAY FOR THE RED SOX ??
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

I only played through college Bill, as a catcher and feel for Adrian.  I really believe he will hit 45/50 HRS for the sox before his career ends.  The guy is putting up amazing numbers without great power which tells me he could be our best hitter ever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now? : I only played through college Bill, as a catcher and feel for Adrian.  I really believe he will hit 45/50 HRS for the sox before his career ends.  The guy is putting up amazing numbers without great power which tells me he could be our best hitter ever.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE] FULLY AGREE.... I WAS CONCERNED ABOUT THE SHOULDER IN APRIL, LOOKS LIKE IT'S WORKING FINE NOW.... ADRIAN IS A GREAT HITTER/PLAYER AND BRINGS A LOT OF CLASS TO THE RED SOX PROGRAM. MANNY WHO ??????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now? : FULLY AGREE.... I WAS CONCERNED ABOUT THE SHOULDER IN APRIL, LOOKS LIKE IT'S WORKING FINE NOW.... ADRIAN IS A GREAT HITTER/PLAYER AND BRINGS A LOT OF CLASS TO THE RED SOX PROGRAM. MANNY WHO ??????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

I agree "Manny" without the Drama and attitude.  What more can a Sox fan ask for?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

hey bill,

why does theo have to be involved in giving youk a day off?
    isn't tito the manager?
    you're not suggesting that tito is theo's puppet are you?
    if you do speak to theo, please request that tito gives the drew the rest of the season off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

I guess if 4-5 cures youk that means agone is falling apart after a 1-5.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

"Cures" Youk?  He is on pace for 24 homers and 118 RBI's.  What don't you like about those numbers?  His career high in Home runs is 29 and his career high in RBI's is 115.  He is on pace for one of the best years of his career.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

guaranteed that the babe would trade the punk a-rod for youk right now,one on one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]"Cures" Youk?  He is on pace for 24 homers and 118 RBI's.  What don't you like about those numbers?  His career high in Home runs is 29 and his career high in RBI's is 115.  He is on pace for one of the best years of his career.

Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize that .260-.270 would qualify as one of his best years evah.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]guaranteed that the babe would trade the punk a-rod for youk right now,one on one.

Posted by --the--yazzer[/QUOTE]

Not a chance, Arod's worst years are better than youk's best years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now? : Not a chance, Arod's worst years are better than youk's best years.
    Posted by --The-Babe----[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you feel that way, because there are many bad years left in A-Rod's contract.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

slomag, we can only hope. i wish nothing but the worst for a-roid!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now? : I'm glad you feel that way, because there are many bad years left in A-Rod's contract.  
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

SMACKDOWN!  NICE!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]slomag, we can only hope. i wish nothing but the worst for a-roid!
    Posted by --the--yazzer[/QUOTE]

The picture is pretty clear.  Last year was arguably the worst of his career, and he is signed through age 42.  I imagine the Yankees would trade him for anybody right now - if they placed him on waivers, not a single team would pick him up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now? : Didn't realize that .260-.270 would qualify as one of his best years evah.
    Posted by --The-Babe----[/QUOTE]

Cmon Babe, Youk's numbers now are 276/393/506 with 11 HR and 53 RBI. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I meant hit 4th...Sorry

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Obviously the 276 isn't his best, but virtually all of his other numbers are solid.  OBP and HR/RBI/Runs are all solid.  I bet he ends up at around 290 anyhow...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now? : The picture is pretty clear.  Last year was arguably the worst of his career, and he is signed through age 42.  I imagine the Yankees would trade him for anybody right now - if they placed him on waivers, not a single team would pick him up.

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Yup, pretty clear that that was the worst of his career but yet still better than any year youk has produced. Pretty funny.