I know this is a Sox site, but that Iron Bowl (Auburn-Alabama ) was insane.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

I know this is a Sox site, but that Iron Bowl (Auburn-Alabama ) was insane.

I went to the Iron Bowl in 2007 (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=273280002) and it was one of the best sporting events in my life. 

I have been to the Stanley Cup Finals, World Series, NBA Finals, Super Bowl and Indy 500 and seeing a game in Jordan Hare stadium (Auburn, AL) might be the most exciting gameday experiences in sports.

You guys should watch the highlights from the Game tonight and watch the crowd flooding onto the field.

Anyway, have a good night!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: I know this is a Sox site, but that Iron Bowl (Auburn-Alabama ) was insane.

In response to johnjamesgoldman's comment:

Yes it was, and how 'bout that embarrassing North Carolina football nonsense with the probation following teams that could never do what Duke football has done with far less taxpayer money wasted. 

Without a doubt, North Carolina football is one of the biggest jokes in college football. Larry Fedora would make a bad used car salesman, but Butch Davis would make a great politicain. What ever happened to "Black Santa"?

Hey, how about that jailbird North Carolina baskeball program, losing to Belmont and UAB. Maybe that can get that street bum (call him young man to make it sound better) Hairston a car as nice as that felon's. 

ACC football is an embarrassment, so, yes, watching Alabama and Auburn was exciting because watching southeastern North Carolina football is pitiful. 

Why do the small crowds even pay to attend North Carolina football games?

Well being from NC softy, you should know the ACC is and will always be a basketball confernce. Even after raiding the Big East, they became a better basketball confernce, killed another confernce, and have their football programs get pushed around by Va Tech(a former Big East school) and FSU.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to johnjamesgoldman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not Softlaw, but Beamer and Va. Tech are truly a joke and the great pretenders with the weak schedule. FLA State has been hurt by playing ACC football, and they have no business in the NL title game over Auburn or Alabama.

While it's true that the ACC continues to be the best basketball conference in college, the money is in football. North Carolina is run by a bunch of idiots who are nothing more than political hacks from the Neo-Democrat Party of the 1960's. The correct move was to join the SEC and increase the revenue off of football. Duke would have still been an out of conference basketball game once a year, while Kentucky would have been a good match on the basketball program greatness front.

I'm embarrassed by ACC football, which includes the addition of joke teams like Boston College and that 3rd rate low income hockey mentality from Canada way.

At the end of the day, the mistake was making basketball based moves on the conference media contracts front. The proper moves was football first, which Maryland understood and acted on. No doubt, North Carolina would have been added to the SEC had they asked to come in. There isn't a single school who would have voted to block them, including South Carolina. South Carolina would have voted to block Clemson, but not North Carolina.

Football, not "foohtball", is The Sport in the United States. The NFL makes MLB look like roller derby.  

[/QUOTE]

But they didn't even have a football confernce until they poached from the Big East. The Big 10, and the PAC 12 are the only two conference that can do both football and basketball and the PAC 12 doesn't even do basketball well. The ACC needs to focus on what they do well not what other confernces well. Look at the old Big East.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Coach Saban has some 'splainin' to do.  too much beef on the field when the kicker missed short.