1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

i like ells but hecan leave.

ells has missed 264 games in the last 4 years.he has had alot of injuries

and wont play with the small hurts.the yanks are nuts for spending all of

this money on ells and mccann.i think canno is out the door no more

money left for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: i like ells but hecan leave.

I'm not pleased about losing Ellsbury, but is it necessary to honor the Boston tradition of manipulating the facts to kick someone when they're on the way out?

In 2008 Ellsbury played in 145 games - 89.5%

In 2009 he played in 153 games - 94.4%

In 2010 he played in 18 games - 11% - after being landed on by a linebacker

In 2011 he played in 158 games - 97.5%

In 2012 he played in 74 games - 45.6% - after having a separated shoulder

In 2013 he played in 134  - 83% - after having a broken bone in his foot - the only relatively common baseball injury.  He even played WITH that broken bone in his foot in the post-season so your assertion that he won't play with the "small hurts" doesn't hold water either. 

In six years he's had three serious injuries, two of them uncommon to baseball players.  That's hardly "a lot".  In the four years when he didn't have the freak injuries he played in a total of 91% of the games.

Regardless of how many innings he's played, $150M for six years is still a HUGE overpay, but to a team with virtually unlimited resources it doesn't matter.  But that's not a reason to distort the facts so you can discredit him on the way out. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not pleased about losing Ellsbury, but is it necessary to honor the Boston tradition of manipulating the facts to kick someone when they're on the way out?

In 2013 he played in 134  - 83% - after having a broken bone in his foot - the only relatively common baseball injury.  He even played WITH that broken bone in his foot in the post-season so your assertion that he won't play with the "small hurts" doesn't hold water either. 

In six years he's had three serious injuries, two of them uncommon to baseball players.  That's hardly "a lot".  In the four years when he didn't have the freak injuries he played in a total of 91% of the games.

Regardless of how many innings he's played, $150M for six years is still a HUGE overpay, but to a team with virtually unlimited resources it doesn't matter.  But that's not a reason to distort the facts so you can discredit him on the way out. 

[/QUOTE]

Good post 5. No need to make him look bad and taking things out of context by wording it a certain way.

153M for 7 years with an 8th option AND a NTC is pure lunacy for Ellsbury. Plain and simple.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

7 yrs at 153 mil and 8th option yr for 169 mil total... I always dreamed of playing in NY ?  

Im so happy coming to a great team with( RICH !!!! ) history.???? Heck i would shevel the Sierra desert with a spoon for that kind of money.

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

7 yrs at 153 mil and 8th option yr for 169 mil total... I always dreamed of playing in NY ?  

Im so happy coming to a great team with( RICH !!!! ) history.???? Heck i would shevel the Sierra desert with a spoon for that kind of money.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I didn't see those quotes but I don't doubt that they exist.

I never put too much stock in what a player says when they come to a new team.  It's all PR.  They're trying to ingratiate themselves to the new fans and shouldn't be taken seriously. 

Fact is, anyone who "negotiates" a contract like that is a mercenary anyway.  They'll go to whomever pays them the most and say whatever they're told.   For that kind of money it's hard to blame them.  I just try to keep it in perspective and not take anything they say seriously.  As I like to say, it is what it is. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to soxyjim's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ells has missed 264 games in the last 4 years.he has had alot of injuries

and wont play with the small hurts.the yanks are nuts for spending all of

this money on ells and mccann.i think canno is out the door no more

money left for him.

[/QUOTE]BINGO That !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Ellsbury was a good player for the Red Sox, but he took the best monetary offer (just like most players).  Who cares what his stats of any kind were when he WAS with the Sox at this point?

His position now needs a replacement, so lets get on with building next year's team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I didn't see those quotes but I don't doubt that they exist.

I never put too much stock in what a player says when they come to a new team.  It's all PR.  They're trying to ingratiate themselves to the new fans and shouldn't be taken seriously. 

Fact is, anyone who "negotiates" a contract like that is a mercenary anyway.  They'll go to whomever pays them the most and say whatever they're told.   For that kind of money it's hard to blame them.  I just try to keep it in perspective and not take anything they say seriously.  As I like to say, it is what it is. 

[/QUOTE]

Was thinking what ballayers would say after fat contract...And i would still shevel  the Sierra Desert with a spoon for that kind of money........... it is what it is.... ok ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

If he really said those two things he is even a bigger creep than I thought he was.

He deserves a fastball in the ribs. 

Maybe he is getting himself ready for his 2nd career as second fiddle on ARod's coming MTV reality show. 

I don't like ells, and haven't liked him since early 2008 , but as far as I am concerned hecan go tohell....or New York, it's the same thing , isn't it?

11. This post has been removed.