I miss Reddick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Sox-Nation-Netherlands. Show Red-Sox-Nation-Netherlands's posts

I miss Reddick

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=21461889&topic_id=17392054

wow

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: I miss Reddick

that play was sweeeeet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Maybe we will realize some benefit of the trade next year when Bailey can take the mound.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: I miss Reddick:
    [QUOTE]Maybe we will realize some benefit of the trade next year when Bailey can take the mound.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

Even with Bailey on the shelf, we are realizing some of the benefit:

Sweeney:  .319, .350, .448 - 123 PA
    Reddick:  .284, .344, .542 - 158 PA

And, though that Web Gem by Reddick was gorgeous, he is shaky in the field.  Sweeney is solid as a rock.

In any case, when the throw in from the trading partner is as good or perhaps an upgrade from the guy who you trade, benefit realized.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, Reddick have hit 9 homeruns already.  Shocking. But Sweetney do have a good offense stats, and he is better defender than Reddick.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I miss Reddick : Even with Bailey on the shelf, we are realizing some of the benefit: Sweeney:  .319, .350, .448 - 123 PA Reddick:  .284, .344, .542 - 158 PA And, though that Web Gem by Reddick was gorgeous, he is shaky in the field.  Sweeney is solid as a rock. In any case, when the throw in from the trading partner is as good or perhaps an upgrade from the guy who you trade, benefit realized.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Sweeney will never be anything but a platoon player, and his numbers have dropped off sharply over his last 10 games: .245 BA, .288 OBP, and .286 SLG for May.
    He's coming down to earth.
    Trading Reddick was a foolish thing to do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I miss Reddick : Sweeney will never be anything but a platoon player, and his numbers have dropped off sharply over his last 10 games: .245 BA, .288 OBP, and .286 SLG for May. He's coming down to earth. Trading Reddick was a foolish thing to do.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

Not a foolish thing to do if you just only look at Reddick and Sweetney's career stats. Both have AB of over 500 times, and Sweetney have been hitting .285 while Reddick have been hitting .258.  Also Reddick played terrible defense in the month of September last year where he probably have lead Boston to a couple or more losses.

Boston got two guys for one!!!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I miss Reddick : Sweeney will never be anything but a platoon player, and his numbers have dropped off sharply over his last 10 games: .245 BA, .288 OBP, and .286 SLG for May. He's coming down to earth. Trading Reddick was a foolish thing to do.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, in the sense that Bailey's injury history was a harninger of the inevitability of missing the better part of seasons to come.  But, a healthy Bailey is a real good closer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

Bailey is nasty.  People wouldn't be saying this at all if Bailey was healthy.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I miss Reddick : Not a foolish thing to do if you just only look at Reddick and Sweetney's career stats. Both have AB of over 500 times, and Sweetney have been hitting .285 while Reddick have been hitting .258.  Also Reddick played terrible defense in the month of September last year where he probably have lead Boston to a couple or more losses. Boston got two guys for one!!!  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

No, Boston got 2 guys for 3. They also gave up two minor leaguers with Reddick.
    Reddick is a rookie and I believe does qualify for ROY. Don't be surprised if he wins it.
    He has a much stronger throwing arm than Sweeney and much greater range in the OF.
    Much better athlete.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I miss Reddick : Bailey is nasty.  People wouldn't be saying this at all if Bailey was healthy.  
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Maybe. But pitching in Boston ain't pitching in Oakland and we probably won't know what he is capable of doing here until next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I miss Reddick : No, Boston got 2 guys for 3. They also gave up two minor leaguers with Reddick. Reddick is a rookie and I believe does qualify for ROY. Don't be surprised if he wins it. He has a much stronger throwing arm than Sweeney and much greater range in the OF. Much better athlete.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

I can assure you that he doesn't qualify as a Rookie

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Also, there are a few stud rookie pitchers this year and one of them will most likely win it.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Good for Reddick because he needed the change.  Good for Oakland. 

I absolutely do not miss Reddick because he demonstrated several times that the Sox aren't right for him.  Now Babe Ruth, him I miss. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I miss Smokey Joe Wood, myself. Reddick resembled Darren Bragg. There was zero indication he would hit for power on the Sox this year or next. I hope he hits 40 for the A's, but that could upset andrew's view of AGON.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]I miss Smokey Joe Wood, myself. Reddick resembled Darren Bragg. There was zero indication he would hit for power on the Sox this year or next. I hope he hits 40 for the A's, but that could upset andrew's view of AGON.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

:)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I miss Reddick : I can assure you that he doesn't qualify as a Rookie
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

My mistake, didn't realize he had that many PAs last year. Also didn't realize he has 9 HRs in 158 PA's. H'e on pace to hit 40!

I wonder how many Sweeney will hit?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I miss Reddick : My mistake, didn't realize he had that many PAs last year. Also didn't realize he has 9 HRs in 158 PA's. H'e on pace to hit 40! I wonder how many Sweeney will hit?
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

He may have stopped being a rookie after the 2010 season, not sure but he certainly got plenty of playing time last year....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Bailey was obviously the key to our trade, not Sweeney. Sweeney is coming back to earth and will never be much more that a very good 4th outfielder. Bailey?....if his injury history continues, and Reddick comes of age and becomes a top tier outfielder, then the trade will in fact be a bad one for our Red Sox. We need to let this all play out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

the fact that Sweeney is our Centerfielder right now speaks volumes to just how deep of a mess Theo left when he headed for the second city.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]the fact that Sweeney is our Centerfielder right now speaks volumes to just how deep of a mess Theo left when he headed for the second city.

Why?  How many clubs have a back-up centerfielder as good as Sweeney?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Wow, really?  Any team looking to contend has 2 CF'ers better than RS on their team right now - who knows what they have in the minors.  But I know what we have down in the farm - GOOSE freakin EGG!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, really?  Any team looking to contend has 2 CF'ers better than RS on their team right now - who knows what they have in the minors.  But I know what we have down in the farm - GOOSE freakin EGG!!!!!!

Really?  Any contending team has a better one two at CF than Ellsbury-Sweeney/Ross?  

And, if JC Linares and Jackie Bradley are goose-eggs?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Wow, Sweeney and Ross are NOT CF'ers

If Linares and Bradley are ML-level CF'ers then why did we trade for a scrub like Byrd?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I wonder what is wrong with a gold glove 45 doubles 40 stolen base type of player... surely they have some vale... maybe more so than a 30 homer, 30 doubles, 1 stolen base, an 15 errors.