Thanks yank fans!

Jete, you were rooting for the sox all along weren't you Wink

[/QUOTE]LOL..don't make me come find you missy!! YellTongue Out

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

Ok, fine, you can stay a closet sox fan but I know the truth SealedWink

[/QUOTE]

ha! yes we do 67.....yes we do!Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Re: I Tip My Cap

Congratulations to Boston fans on the Red Sox World Series win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I feel good for Ben Cherington, who endured much abuse in his first year as the Red Sox general manager.

[/QUOTE]

It wasn't really Ben's team, in my opinion, until the Dodger trade.

Gotta like where we have gone from there!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I tip my cap to Moon, he believed when the Sox shed the salaries in the famous Dodger dump, it was a major help to Cherington and the Sox for seasons to come. I argued that players wouldn't come to Boston after the Valentine debacle. I'm glad to say I was wrong because they did get role players like Gomes, Victorino, Ross. They made a gutsy move to trade Iglesias to get Peavy, and while he didn't do much in postseason, he is a future book 3rd starter who is a former Cy Young award winner, and it allowed for Boogarts to make a mark in the Big Leagues, and then help the Sox win the WS. I tip my hat to moon, who as a fan understood the Sox could turn things around, and I tip my hat to Ben, who also figured out how to solve the pen issue when everyone got hurt. Having Tazawa step up and Koji turn into mega closer with Breslow as the other guy was the right tonic. I tip my hat to the old Sox guard--Lester, Pedroia, Ortiz, Elsbury, and Lackey--they were leaders throughout the season. Lackey/Lester owned Wainright-Wacha...Ls beat the Ws in this case. Great job, congratulations to our World Series Champion 2013 Boston Red Sox!!!!!!! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah baby

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I tip my cap to Moon, he believed when the Sox shed the salaries in the famous Dodger dump, it was a major help to Cherington and the Sox for seasons to come. I argued that players wouldn't come to Boston after the Valentine debacle. I'm glad to say I was wrong because they did get role players like Gomes, Victorino, Ross. They made a gutsy move to trade Iglesias to get Peavy, and while he didn't do much in postseason, he is a future book 3rd starter who is a former Cy Young award winner, and it allowed for Boogarts to make a mark in the Big Leagues, and then help the Sox win the WS. I tip my hat to moon, who as a fan understood the Sox could turn things around, and I tip my hat to Ben, who also figured out how to solve the pen issue when everyone got hurt. Having Tazawa step up and Koji turn into mega closer with Breslow as the other guy was the right tonic. I tip my hat to the old Sox guard--Lester, Pedroia, Ortiz, Elsbury, and Lackey--they were leaders throughout the season. Lackey/Lester owned Wainright-Wacha...Ls beat the Ws in this case. Great job, congratulations to our World Series Champion 2013 Boston Red Sox!!!!!!! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah baby

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, danny.

I wish you would post more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thanks yank fans!

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He will come clean eventually we just have to be patient.Innocent

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks, danny.

I wish you would post more.

[/QUOTE]

I wish the same, also, danny.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Thanks, steven. Sorry I didn't post sooner. BDC IT issues, still prevent me, at work. I knew you, Jete and Zac, would be here with your congratulations. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Perhaps what surprised me the most about our finish to 2013 was that no player really had a shocking season.

Yes, Uehara had the best WHIP ever, but he had 2 really good seasons before 2013.

Papi had a great year, but if you prorate 2012 to 600 PAs, then 2014 was no surprise.

Pedey, Ellsbury, Middlebrooks, Bailey, Hanrahan, Miller, Morales and Aceves actually  fell below half to most people's expectations (some due to injury).

Salty, Nava, Breslow, Lester, Lackey, Iggy (while here) and Doubront did marginally better than expected, and Buch's injury cut his numbers down. Non were shockingly great.

The winter additions:

Carp was probably the most shocking surprise, but had under 250 PAs.

Gomes did not give us what we expected vs LHPs and his .771 OPS was under most projections, but he did bring a lot of intangibles. Nothing shocking.

Dempster certainly did not bring us more than expected, and on paper was not worth the contract amount.

Drew only played in 124 games and barely got over 500 PAs, His defense shocked me, but not everyone here. Overall, he did not produce much more than expectations.

Napoli broke his record for career PAs in a season by 68. This was a bit shocking after the injury discovery. His career high RBIs was not shocking. His OPS was below his career OPS. Not shocking.

Victorino might have shocked some of us on defense, but he really shouldn't have. He's been a great defensive player for years. His fragility was in question last winter, and that did become an issue this year. He only played in 122 games and missed time in the WS. His .801 OPS was much better than 2012, but was 46 points belwo his 2011 number, so it's hard to say his 2013 season was shockingly good.

Uehara was awesome, but his numbers in 2012 were some of the best of all time as well, and his 2010 season was very very good as well. Shocking? I guess so, but he wasn't even our closer until the end of June!

The season came down to everyone contributing, and nobody except maybe Middlebrooks having a shockingly bad season, though he still hit 17 Hrs and 49 RBIs in just 94 games.

Great coaching, managing, team chemistry, and dogged determination all came together to put us over the top. We had the numbers on paper. This year was not a fluke. We did not win, because other teams made mistakes. We won because we were the best team in MLB. We had the best record in MLB playing in the toughest division in MLB agkainst the toughest schedule of any playoff team. We had the best run differential. We had great home-road splits. Our rotation matched up well with even the best in MLB, and our 1-2 punch of Breslow and Uehara had perhaps the best 2nd half numbers in MLB history. Our middle men held their own, particularly Tazawa and Workman. Our bench carried us at times: Iggy, Carp, Nava, Ross, Bogey and more.

Great team effort from a great team!

Thank you Red Sox!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from den666. Show den666's posts

If you combine baseball, football, basketball and hockey, my favorite sports teams have won about 20 chamionships since I've been following sports. However, I've never enjoyed any as much as this one. I'm so happy for these guys who busted their butts off all season long.

Probably the only hiccup of the whole season that comes to mind was Aceves and he was given the treatment he rightfully deserved. No overpaid primadonnas or selfish players on this team. Just a whole group all pulling in the same direction. How refreshing!

I consider myself so lucky to be a Red Sox fan. No affinity to any other sports team comes even close to this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks, steven. Sorry I didn't post sooner. BDC IT issues, still prevent me, at work. I knew you, Jete and Zac, would be here with your congratulations. 

[/QUOTE]

Jay and moon, appreciate your comments. I wish I could say that I stopped posting here because of some very good reason, but I think I got disappointed that only a few posters here were talking about real baseball issues and other things, but the reality was two-fold--I got very busy at work (how the hell did I let that get in the way of forum posting...) and I got tired of the same thought police posters and other pure idiots ruining the board. It became boring at best. I've always though enjoyed the postings of many on this board. I hope to come back here a little more often though with work slowing down a wee bit. Go Sox and I really do think there are some passionates Sox fans on this board.

Still can't believe we went from worst to first...Amazing run.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thanks yank fans!

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] LOL..well i'm afraid the two of you will run out of time :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

better be strong, because even Job gave up three years ago  Tongue Out

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to hill55's comment:
    I feel good for Ben Cherington, who endured much abuse in his first year as the Red Sox general manager.

I think it maybe time to go to the vault and pull up some of your post on the Sox and Mariners. You refered to them as what "two last place team with hopeful fanbases".

I encourage you to search that "vault" for anything that resembles that quoted material (although I was way off on my projection of 84 wins for the Red Sox and 81 wins for the Mariners).

Early last offseason I wrote that the franchises appeared headed in different directions. I could write that again today but the directions have changed.Embarassed

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to den666's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you combine baseball, football, basketball and hockey, my favorite sports teams have won about 20 chamionships since I've been following sports. However, I've never enjoyed any as much as this one. I'm so happy for these guys who busted their butts off all season long.

Probably the only hiccup of the whole season that comes to mind was Aceves and he was given the treatment he rightfully deserved. No overpaid primadonnas or selfish players on this team. Just a whole group all pulling in the same direction. How refreshing!

I consider myself so lucky to be a Red Sox fan. No affinity to any other sports team comes even close to this.

[/QUOTE]

My favorite teams are...

10 championships

Red Sox:  3 championships since I staarted following them in 1972.

Milwaukee Bucks: 1 championship since they came to Milwaukee in 1969. (I used to live 2 blocks from the old County Stadium in Milwaukee.)

Green Bay Packers: 7 championships since my brith, but only 4 since I became a fan.

Boston Bruins: 2 championships (1972 & 2011)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

I forgot, thanks to you also Steve. I miss the posts from Jesse-Eric. He was always funny and a good sport. I do see him on the music board a lot. And thanks to you also Zac.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My favorite teams are...

10 championships

Milwaukee Bucks: 1 championship since they came to Milwaukee in 1969. (I used to live 2 blocks from the old County Stadium in Milwaukee.)

Green Bay Packers: 7 championships since my brith, but only 4 since I became a fan.

[/QUOTE]

Darn Moon you missed 1970. That's too bad because that might be my favorite team of all time because that was my first year following hockey. I was 12. I call them forever's team(with apologies to John Feinstien) 1971 was the best Bruins team of all time and they ran in to Ken Dryden and a Habs team that just........ well played like the Habs always did in the playoffs. That Bucks team of 71 was fantastic. Kareem, Lucius Allen, the Big O and a great cast of really good role players. That team never gets the credit as one of the greatest teams of all time for one year. Then they win like 63 the next year but lose to that great 69 win Laker team of 72.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from den666. Show den666's posts

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My favorite teams are...

10 championships

[/QUOTE]

Darn Moon you missed 1970. That's too bad because that might be my favorite team of all time because that was my first year following hockey. I was 12. I call them forever's team(with apologies to John Feinstien) 1971 was the best Bruins team of all time and they ran in to Ken Dryden and a Habs team that just........ well played like the Habs always did in the playoffs. That Bucks team of 71 was fantastic. Kareem, Lucius Allen, the Big O and a great cast of really good role players. That team never gets the credit as one of the greatest teams of all time for one year. Then they win like 63 the next year but lose to that great 69 win Laker team of 72.

[/QUOTE]

Ah, the 1971 Bruins team. I used to be a huge Habs fan, so I remember that series quite well. I doubt Dryden's performance vs the Bruins and then the Hawks will ever be matched. That Bruins team was probably the most awesome team I've ever seen. Sanderson, Bucyk, Cashman, McKenzie, Hodge, Esposito, Stanfield, Walton, Westfall and of course, the one and only Bobby Orr. Great memories!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from den666. Show den666's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My favorite teams are...

10 championships

[/QUOTE]

I remember those awesome Bucks and Packers teams. Nothing like watching a game on the Frozen Tundra!

I guess I was blessed with my team choices. I started rooting for the Celtics around 1962, the Red Sox around 1965 and then the Patriots around 2000. To top it off, since my parents are French-Canadian, I started following the Habs around 1964. There's a dozen right there!

Even though it's a 12-hour drive to Boston, I try to go see the Sox and Patriots when I can. We don't get NESN here, so I get MLBTV.com. 

Wish I could be in Boston Saturday.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I forgot, thanks to you also Steve. I miss the posts from Jesse-Eric. He was always funny and a good sport. I do see him on the music board a lot. And thanks to you also Zac.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] better be strong, because even Job gave up three years ago  Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

Job, who is Job?

You like the sox and you like us, that's why your'e here Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

better be strong, because even Job gave up three years ago  Tongue Out

Job, who is Job?

You like the sox and you like us, that's why your'e here Laughing

[/QUOTE]

Job (biblical figure) ). As portrayed by Bonnat

when he started his wait for me to come clean, he weighed  about 250lbs...Wink