If Bobby gets Fired

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

If Bobby gets Fired

Why not give Arnie Beyeler a shot? He seems to have done a really nice job down in Pawtucket.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: If Bobby gets Fired

IF?  It should be "WHEN!"  The answer to that is NOW!

We keep waiting for the "LOW...."  This is it.  ROCK BOTTOM!  Every dang day! 

little bobby v. must GO NOW!  That's the only thing that could hold my attention through these brutal games!!!!  The only thing!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Tony Pena.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Why doesn't anyone talk about bringing in Tek to coach?  I would love to see a leader like him step back into the clubhouse and bring back some glory to the Red Sox.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:

Why doesn't anyone talk about bringing in Tek to coach?  I would love to see a leader like him step back into the clubhouse and bring back some glory to the Red Sox.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tek on the coaching staff, but not as manager. Not without experience. I also think Tony Pena would be a good choice, as would Sandy Alomar. Beyeler has really proven himself in the Red Sox system though, and his pitching coach, Rich Sauveur, looks like a miracle worker.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Ownership won't be able to put their ego's away long enough to fire their guy. He's not going anywhere, firing him would be a sign of weakeness from the owners.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Ownership won't be able to put their ego's away long enough to fire their guy. He's not going anywhere, firing him would be a sign of weakeness from the owners.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:

I wouldn't mind seeing Tek on the coaching staff, but not as manager. Not without experience. I also think Tony Pena would be a good choice, as would Sandy Alomar. Beyeler has really proven himself in the Red Sox system though, and his pitching coach, Rich Sauveur, looks like a miracle worker.

[/QUOTE]

I am just talking about adding Tek in as a bench coach or the like because he has great communication skills.  That is the main problem with Bobby V.  That will allow him to marinate and learn while plugging in the biggest weakness with the manager.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

It is not if, but when. On NESN Brad Ausmus' name came up in Dennis and the other guy. Ausmus is a special assistant to the A's I believe. Far better choice than Tek and is not a retread.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

You know I warned them about hiring Bobby Valentine.

But, do they listen to me? Of course not.

The stubborn front office got what they deserved!

I am laughing all the way , becuse this reinforces my claim that Francona should have been retained or at the very least offered a contract.

Maybe someday this ownership group will have a "Francona day" for the fans to applaud this man for his accomplishments.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

sandy alomar jr.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Leave the poor guy alone. He's not a player, and as we all know the players are the reason the team is one of the worst in MLB. Managers are a dime a dozen. They won 2 WS titles without a manager. So let BV finish out the year and see if the team can get better as he said in month 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and now 6. Getting better by the game, you can see it with BC's kiddie corps.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

4-0 A's in the 3rd...better by the inning, can't you tell?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

You know, at some point, no matter who the manager is, the players have to step up and, you know, actually do something.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

If they keep bobby, & this totally uninspired play, they deserve to get HAMMERED in the ratings!  I hope they are losing big $$$ right now! 

If for no other reason, they should make a switch to generate a little bit of excitement!

What the hell do they have to lose???

for the record....  little bobby v should never have been hired, & earned his firing LONG AGO!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

If they keep bobby, & this totally uninspired play, they deserve to get HAMMERED in the ratings!  I hope they are losing big $$$ right now! 

If for no other reason, they should make a switch to generate a little bit of excitement!

What the hell do they have to lose???

for the record....  little bobby v should never have been hired, & earned his firing LONG AGO!

I've actually wondered if the networks would ever step in and ask Selig to force the issue.  There is serious money at stake and I doubt anyone expected the RS to have been eliminated with 2 months left, even with the additional WC.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

They fired Francona because he lost control of the players.  Why wouldn't they do the same with Valentine.

The Sox are not showing any motivation for anything, and that falls on the manager.

I don't think the owners are trying to save face by not firing him.  They signed Gonzalez to a mega deal and had to turn around and dump him- their finest hitter.  I think they are well used to embarrassment at this point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

If. There is no way BV will be back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In case you hadn't noticed, Arnie Beyeler's PawSox just qualified for the playoffs for the 2nd straight year in spite of being missing their starting 1B, SS, 3B and one of their starting OFs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

You know I warned them about hiring Bobby Valentine.

But, do they listen to me? Of course not.

The stubborn front office got what they deserved!

I am laughing all the way , becuse this reinforces my claim that Francona should have been retained or at the very least offered a contract.

Maybe someday this ownership group will have a "Francona day" for the fans to applaud this man for his accomplishments.

I couldn't agree more.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Of course to be fair to Bobby V. right now, I don't think it really matters who manages. The Sox are without the 3-4-5 guys in the middle of the order with the trade of A-Gon and the injuries to Ortiz and Middlebrooks. Yes, they exploded for some big-run games recently and yes the pitching has scked, but anyone who thinks not having those three bats in the middle of the order doesn't hurt a team is a bit dillusional.

I do agree Bobby V. should be gone. I sort of feel bad for him because in the right situation, he could be a good manager. But he brought some of the problems on himself. He wasn't the right personality for this situation.

I think a better hire would have helped the situation, although he Sox still would have had a tough road this year because of Beckett and Lester's struggles and all the injuries.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Zilla, Francona day is a great idea.  Address, dont run from, past mishandlings.  Calm some angry fans.  Maybe even make a little bit of money (sell a novelty francona jersey or something)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

save a little face (I remember hearing MLB state that the perception around the league was that The Red Sox had done a real rotten thing to a real good man)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I understand the idea that it was time for Francona to move on after last season.  That said, I honestly believe that had Francona returned, the returning players would have realized the error of their ways after September, and they would have tried really hard to atone for their taking advantage of Francona and for their embarrassing collapse.

Going to the opposite extreme in Valentine was never a good idea.  I hope Lucchino has the guts to admit his mistake and fire Valentine at the end of the season, if not sooner.  IMO, Lucchino is the main reason why Valentine has not already been fired.