If Buchholz can't go..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

If Buchholz can't go..

Trade him in the offseason. He is not worth it if he can't stay healty. Out 3 months for sleeping wrong? Now you may not pitch in the World Series? Goodbye. Use that rotation slot for Workman, Webster, Rubby, Barnes, Ranaudo or even Henry Owens (not likely but hey, maybe consult St. Louis' trainers any he'll be lights out like Wacha and the pen guys). Seriously though trade him and what you get you get. Let him be someone elses problem.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: If Buchholz can't go..

He's pitching game 4.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Supposedly. He'll have a side session on Friday to find out. So I wouldn't say it's anything guaranteed. Which is why doubrount was closely watched yesterday. Even then, it's the Series. Your starters need to have the ability to go 6-7. If you don't, its a huge tax on your bullpen. Just saying, if he goes and can't get past 5, why keep him? They'll have massive logjam of starters ready for the rotation next year. Gotta free up some slots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeLahoud. Show JoeLahoud's posts

Who cares about trading or keeping him, how about one quality start in the World Series from this guy? As far as I'm concerned, we'll never see him again in about a week. How about one win?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to JoeLahoud's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who cares about trading or keeping him, how about one quality start in the World Series from this guy? As far as I'm concerned, we'll never see him again in about a week. How about one win?

[/QUOTE]

if we can get that? Sure as hell. And then I'd reconsider my thinking. If he can't go, or goes 4-5 and gasses out it depends on how those innings are. I get worried with shoulder soreness or anything related. I'm not counting on him going at this point. All things I hear is tentatively. Not what you want when your other 3 guys are solid. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeLahoud. Show JoeLahoud's posts

I'm right there with you. I do not know the Clay Buchholz story. None of us do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's pitching game 4.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry Ex...I will believe that when I see it. Furthermore, even if he does pitch game 4 lets just see how effective he is. He is the original Man of Glass. When his contract comes up this should all come home to roost.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

If he can't go then they'll give the ball to Doubront...The numbers suggest that St. Louis struggles vs lefthanded pitching. Doubie's well rested and should be strong, if his command is not effected to much by the long layoff? I could see him giving us 5 solid innings..Then play the match up game if we have a lead and or give the ball to Dempster to get multiple inning. Which is why both are on the roster...

My guess is that Clay will make his scheduled start and or Farrel is playing a bit of a shell game forcing St Louis to scout and game plan for both. We shall see...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he can't go then they'll give the ball to Doubront...The numbers suggest that St. Louis struggles vs lefthanded pitching. Doubie's well rested and should be strong, if his command is not effected to much by the long layoff? I could see him giving us 5 solid innings..Then play the match up game if we have a lead and or give the ball to Dempster to get multiple inning. Which is why both are on the roster...

My guess is that Clay will make his scheduled start and or Farrel is playing a bit of a shell game forcing St Louis to scoutvandvgame plan for both. We shall see...

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh for once I did t think about one aspect. The shell game. Maybe. That would make everyone feel better. Guess we don't know anything until he starts or not. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Ellesbury of pitching.

[/QUOTE]

Lame post. Lets see how your shoulder holds up when a 200 pound man lands on it with his full weight. The two have no comparison.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's pitching game 4.

[/QUOTE]

Buchholz is  hoping to pitch Game four.  And based on his last four outings, if he is the starter for Game 4, my guess is that he will not exceed 75 pitches.  With that being said, I suspect Farrell will either go with Doubront as the starter for game 4 or, at the very least, have him in the bullpen prepared and ready to go 'long-relief' from the 2nd inning on.

13. This post has been removed.