1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

If I were making the decisions

Obviously I`m not, but at this point, here`s what I would change, and these are realistic:

Make Andrew Bailey the closer, and move Aceves to wherever I think he will fit next year.  I know Bailey is rusty, but I would give him the next 5 weeks to see what he`s got as my closer.

Promote Iglesias and play him everyday, I don`t care if he pulls a Pedroia and his first month is hitting around .100.  the last 5 weeks of the season he would be my starting SS.  Aviles...maybe the back, he could also split time at 3rd base.

Make Tawaza a starter, or at least give him a few spot starts in the next 5 weeks.  see what he has to contribute, and if he does well at worst you have a tradeable comodity.  I would also look at getting Andrew Miller a couple starts, he has done well in the bullpen, but if he can harnass his talent he would make a GREAT starting pitcher. Cook, Dice K...mop-up duty.

Leave Morales in the rotation, he`s young, and I would let him pitch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: If I were making the decisions

Iglesias is so overhyped. He can barely hit at the triple A level. Sure he's good defensively but he will be a liability in the lineup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Re: If I were making the decisions:
    [QUOTE]Iglesias is so overhyped. He can barely hit at the triple A level. Sure he's good defensively but he will be a liability in the lineup.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Um... Iggy's last 10 games..  .361 batting avg, .452 OBP, .417 SLG, 13 hits and 8 runs scored, 2:1 BB:SO ratio.  He deserves a chance.

OR

in August, .348 BA .423 OBP, .420 SLG, 24 hits in 18 games, 14 runs scored, more BB and SO. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

If I were making the decisions:

Aceves never would have been closing in the first place.

Bard would have slipped into that role as soon as Bailey got hurt, Aceves would have been my 5th starter.

I would make Tazawa a "sitter", in other words, don't let him play. 31 hits in 26.1 innings, just release him already!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

In Response to Re: If I were making the decisions:
    [QUOTE]If I were making the decisions: Aceves never would have been closing in the first place. Bard would have slipped into that role as soon as Bailey got hurt, Aceves would have been my 5th starter. I would make Tazawa a "sitter", in other words, don't let him play. 31 hits in 26.1 innings, just release him already!
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you on Bard and Aceves...hated Bard starting from back when it was announced he`d be stretched out.

I think Tawaza has some serious potential, his numbers might not be there...I`d give him a chance though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to If I were making the decisions:
    [QUOTE]Obviously I`m not, but at this point, here`s what I would change, and these are realistic: Make Andrew Bailey the closer, and move Aceves to wherever I think he will fit next year.  I know Bailey is rusty, but I would give him the next 5 weeks to see what he`s got as my closer. Promote Iglesias and play him everyday, I don`t care if he pulls a Pedroia and his first month is hitting around .100.  the last 5 weeks of the season he would be my starting SS.  Aviles...maybe the back, he could also split time at 3rd base. Make Tawaza a starter, or at least give him a few spot starts in the next 5 weeks.  see what he has to contribute, and if he does well at worst you have a tradeable comodity.  I would also look at getting Andrew Miller a couple starts, he has done well in the bullpen, but if he can harnass his talent he would make a GREAT starting pitcher. Cook, Dice K...mop-up duty. Leave Morales in the rotation, he`s young, and I would let him pitch.
    Posted by jarretfromportsmouth[/QUOTE]

My first move would be to trade Beckett, even if it meant eating his salary. The clubhouse needs a cleansing, and Josh is the place to start. Second would be to fire Bobby V, time seems to have passed him by.