If Naps leaves would you folks like Logan Morrison?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If Naps leaves would you folks like Logan Morrison?

The marlins just signed Garrett Jones to play 1B for them and that does leave Morrison without a position. Just a thought on a day where Cano, Granderson, and even Feldman have left the vaunted AL East...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: If Naps leaves would you folks like Logan Morrison?

Daniel Nava please.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I don't think Nava has the power to be everyday 1B.  He's OF and 1B backup.  Corey Hart makes sense and Nava backing him up hitting lefty.  Sox can have $$$ to spend on major upgrade on elsewhere.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The marlins just signed Garrett Jones to play 1B for them and that does leave Morrison without a position. Just a thought on a day where Cano, Granderson, and even Feldman have left the vaunted AL East...

[/QUOTE]

I dont trust that guy.  He started off hot in his first two years and then went on the decline.  He is just like Middlebrook.  Forget it and also he bat left handed.  Boston need a right handed hitter to protect Papi!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'd rather have any of 3 guys on our own current roster at 1B:

Carp

Nava

Middlebrooks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

I don't think Nava has the power to be everyday 1B.  He's OF and 1B backup.  Corey Hart makes sense and Nava backing him up hitting lefty.  Sox can have $$$ to spend on major upgrade on elsewhere.    

nava is not my first choice to play first either.  But, if the choice comes down to Morrisson or Nava, Nava all day for me thank you.  Morrisson can put a charge in a ball no doubt, but he never took the next step, never adjusted to the adjustments as they say.  At this point, he has to be considered a pretty poor hitter.  Power is nice, and quite traditional, for a first baseman.  but it is not the only factor.  I'll lose 10 HRs for a guy that can actually hit.

Also, FWIW, slugging % over the past 3 years:

Nava - .445, .390, .360

Morrisson - .375, .399, .468

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Miami, unlike me, does like Middlebrooks.

Miami, also unlike me, does not like Logan Morrison.

As I am not the Sox GM, a deal is less imminent.  But I could see something working out if Napoli walks.  And dealing Middlebrooks could mean Drew returns, bringing back 3/4 of the infield that won yhe World Series.

I do think that if both sides work on a Middlebrooks/Morrison deal, it is not "one for one" and does get more complicated...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to notin's comment:

As I am not the Sox GM, a deal is less imminent.  But I could see something working out if Napoli walks.  And dealing Middlebrooks could mean Drew returns, bringing back 3/4 of the infield that won yhe World Series.

I do think that if both sides work on a Middlebrooks/Morrison deal, it is not "one for one" and does get more complicated...

Who gets more in return?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In theory, no one.  But I could see a few other names bouncing around from side to side.

Say it was something like Morrison,  Ruggiano and (prospect?  Betts? Brentz? Webster?)  for Middlebrooks, Morales and (reasonably equal but hopefully better prospect)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who gets more in return.

[/QUOTE]

The Sox aren't trading Middlebrooks straight up for Logan Morrison. Maybe Morrison has matured a little, but when people describe him as having a "5 cent head," I can't see the Sox being interested, and certainly not for a guy with Middlebrooks' potential.  The Sox could very well trade Middlebrooks this off season and re-sign Drew, but it won't be for Morrison.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

One additional thought the sox do need to trade some excess as they are at the 40 man limit even before they do anymore signings, so when I mention trades I'm just trying to open spaces on the roster and the guys i mention don't necessarily reflect my desire for the players mentioned.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

In theory, no one.  But I could see a few other names bouncing around from side to side.

Say it was something like Morrison,  Ruggiano and (prospect?  Betts? Brentz? Webster?)  for Middlebrooks, Morales and (reasonably equal but hopefully better prospect)

[/QUOTE]

If we signed Drew, I could see a Middy, Morales & Brentz for Morrison & Ruggiano deal, but I'd prefer Middy/Carp at 1B and Nava/Gomes in LF.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hart is the guy in my oppinion as well.  His splits would fit in perfectly with Carp and add in a player we might offer a QO for next season and get a draft pick for.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Nothing would get me fired up for another title like picking up a .700 OPS first baseman from the Marlins.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Anf what if Hart takes almost a full season to start hitting again?  Like Victor Martinez did?

Corey Hart is the biggest gamble on the free agent market...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Two years ago I would have been all over a Morrison deal. But now, I feel Nava and Carp are both just as good and just as left handed. I don't see the reason.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Joe mauer plays 1b FT now. He would have something to say about having power at 1st. Nava would have more HR than him, all with a 300BA and 380OBP. Just saying.

With that said...I agree with Corey Hart. He was always my 1st BU plan to naps.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

One additional thought the sox do need to trade some excess as they are at the 40 man limit even before they do anymore signings, so when I mention trades I'm just trying to open spaces on the roster and the guys i mention don't necessarily reflect my desire for the players mentioned.

Just hit 40 with yesterdays signing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

NO

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I saw Logan on the MLB Network yesterday---he's a fun loving guy who I'm sure would be a fan favorite. WMB for LoMo(LH Bat)  if they resign Drew for SS it makes us  too Left Handed heavy.  He's 26--Arb Eligible this year.

In addition you have Carp, a LH bat--I say no--Carp is a better hitter than Logan and has been through a WS. My choice would be Ruggiano even up for WMB. I think it's been rumored the Marlins need a 3 B. Ruggiano has some decent power and speed and plays all outfield positions. He is also Arb eligible.

If you don't sign Drew---sign Uribe to play 3 B for 1 or 2 years and keep Xander @ SS.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Yup Mujica filled the last open roster spot, so lets say for the sake of conversation the sox want to resign Naps they have to move someone... Brock Holt would be the first one on the list of possible DFA's. I was just lobbing soft ball pitches to see if there was interest in Morrison in NE.  the real importance is involving the roster spot needed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

Anf what if Hart takes almost a full season to start hitting again?  Like Victor Martinez did?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but the payoff could be pretty high, and we have Carp, Nava and Middy to play first if he doesn't work out.

Napoli was a gamble this year.

Victorino was a bit of a gamble.

Drew was a gamble.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Yup Mujica filled the last open roster spot, so lets say for the sake of conversation the sox want to resign Naps they have to move someone... Brock Holt would be the first one on the list of possible DFA's. I was just lobbing soft ball pitches to see if there was interest in Morrison in NE.  the real importance is involving the roster spot needed.

[/QUOTE]

We could trade Dempster for a prospect not on the 40 man roster, then sign Napoli or someone else.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but the payoff could be pretty high, and we have Carp, Nava and Middy to play first if he doesn't work out.

Napoli was a gamble this year.

Victorino was a bit of a gamble.

Drew was a gamble.

[/QUOTE]

Nowhere near the same level.  All of them at least played the previous year...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

They are talking about this now on 98.5 the sports hub.  They are saying that Logan Morrison is Jeremy Hermida type of player who was rated highly but flamed out.  They also said that Morrison was a younger Carp and not as good as Carp.  They were not a fan at all of this potential deal.