If Rays continue

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

If Rays continue

hitting under 250  as they have in Aug and Sept as well as having a team ERA over 4 they will not make the WC

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: If Rays continue

i hope the Tribe takes their WC spot.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

hitting under 250  as they have in Aug and Sept as well as having a team ERA over 4 they will not make the WC

that's a nice shot of you Jim! looks like you dropped a couple of lbs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Yankees are far and away the most dangerous of the possible wild card teams, no matter what the stat geeks at Cool Standings may think. I would be happy to see them mathematically eliminated as soon as possible. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

That is what happen if Longoria have to keep trying to carry his team for the entire season.  Look alike he is so worn out and there is nothing left in him.  Had Tampa pick up few good hitters at the deadline, Rays could make a good run.  Instead, they just do nothing!!

Guess the owner is the biggest cheapest stake owner in MLB!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I never start laughing at Tampa Bay until the fat lady sings.

Because they handed the Sox their lunch a couple of times in recent years....and they spend a heck of lot less money than the Sox and Yanks. The owner is a cheapskate becuse he has no choice....ever notice there is mostly empty seats at the sad excuse for a baseball park they call home?

"Advertising is the rattling of a stick inside a swill bucket."- George Orwell

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

The Yankees are far and away the most dangerous of the possible wild card teams, no matter what the stat geeks at Cool Standings may think. I would be happy to see them mathematically eliminated as soon as possible. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

I partly agree.  They have good pitching, and now their hitters are returning or coming around.  But I think the Orioles are also tough.  The OP is right in saying the Rays are in trouble.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

UConn---the Rays are not too shabby:

Longoria, Myers, Joyce, Zobrist, DeJesus, Delmon Young, Loney. That's not too weak.

I agree with Zillagod---Maddon finds a way to keep them in contention. A one game playoff favors the Rays. It could come town to Big Game James Vs. David Price; that would be showtime.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

UConn---the Rays are not too shabby:

Longoria, Myers, Joyce, Zobrist, DeJesus, Delmon Young, Loney. That's not too weak.

I agree with Zillagod---Maddon finds a way to keep them in contention. A one game playoff favors the Rays. It could come town to Big Game James Vs. David Price; that would be showtime.

In the last month Jennings and Myers have both hit close to or below the Mendoza line....end of the day they're not scoring and the backend of their rotation has been in a word...bad

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

[QUOTE]

that's a nice shot of you Jim! looks like you dropped a couple of lbs.

[/QUOTE]

Actually 50 from an older pic I used...Thanks

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

Yeah they're so dangerous we just took 3 of 4 in NY. The only reason they're even in contention is because we keep beating up on their wild card spot rivals.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I respect your opinion.  But you should stop jumping into a conclusion like that.  There is still plenty of baseball left.  

Last year, the Rangers blew a five-game lead over Oakland with only nine to go.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

Maddon didn't help the team last night taking out Peralta in favor of Hernandez.I loved the move of Ue being brought in to face the meat of the Ray's order. To me that's the true value of your closer--to close out the other team at a critical moment of the game. Worry about who protects the lead when you get a lead.

Keep up the good work.

Perhaps tonight might be a good time to give Ortiz, Nap, Pedroia, Drew, WMB, Ross, Salty and ShaVic a night off before they start the Yankee series.

Let's see how close this lineup might be:

JBJ CF, Xander SS, Snyder 3B, Carp 1B, Gomes DH, Nava RF, Lava C, Berry LF, McDonald 2 B.

Maddon didn't help the team last night taking out Peralta in favor of Hernandez.

I loved the move of Ue being brought in to face the meat of the Ray's order. To me that's the true value of your closer--to close out the other team at a critical moment of the game. Worry about who protects the lead when you get a lead.

Keep up the good work.

Perhaps tonight might be a good time to give Ortiz, Nap, Pedroia, Drew, WMB, Ross, Salty and ShaVic a night off before they start the Yankee series.

Let's see how close this lineup might be:

JBJ CF, Xander SS, Snyder 3B, Carp 1B, Gomes DH, Nava RF, Lava C, Berry LF, McDonald 2 B.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I would rather face the Indians or the Rangers than Tampa or NY.

Actually, I'd like the Yankees, whom I hate, eliminated. Their pitching is not bad and their offense is good...we needed average over 10 runs per game to win 3 in last series. 

In the previous game vs Rays we got 2 runs in one inning and I was tense wanting insurance but we went 8 other inning w/o scoring & fortunately the score held up. Last night we got 3 runs in one inning and again went scoreless for 8 other innings until the slam in the 10th. I am not being an ingrate and I'm happy we won the first 2 but in the past our bats have been fairly quiet vs Price( and he pitched a good game last night too) & Moore too is tough on us, and yesterday, Dempster got out of 2 bases loaded jams. If I were confident we could score easily on them, I wouldn't mind facing them but we can't and, fortunately, other than Zobrist and Longoria they can't put up a lot of runs on us either.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

Yeah they're so dangerous we just took 3 of 4 in NY. The only reason they're even in contention is because we keep beating up on their wild card spot rivals.

[/QUOTE]

The Yankees are greatly improved from earlier.  It is foolish to underrate them. We did take three out of four, but it was not at all easy. If they win a wild card, they are indeed a threat. Do not kid yourself.  I would rather play any of the other contenders in the ALDS.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

The Sox are the best team in the AL.

I don't care who they face in the playoffs.

That's not to say it wouldn't be nice to see the Yankees get close, but still be beaten out by the Tribe, for the 2nd WC spot.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE] so then tank those games, since you find it to be such an arduous task Wink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Funny part is that all five teams fighting for the second wild card spots, four of them are all playing on the road for the last three games of the year.  NYY @ Houston, Tampa @ Toronto, KC @White Sox, Cleve @ Minn and Baltimore is a lone team playing at home against Boston.

Which team have advantage?  Probably Baltimore cuz Boston may purposely juggles the rotation to save best for the post season as well they could rest alot of regulars.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

so then tank those games, since you find it to be such an arduous task Wink

I would!

Unfortunately, the Sox wont...

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I would like NY eliminated as even though we took 3/4 in last series their pitching is not bad & their offense is good as we needed average over 10 runs per game to beat them.

I believe they have the best chance for a wild card as 9 of their last 12 games are 3 game series with last place teams, Jays, SF Giants & Houston.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

No WC contender has given the Sox as much trouble as KC (2-5).  Texas is close (2-4)...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to notin's comment:

No WC contender has given the Sox as much trouble as KC (2-5).  Texas is close (2-4)...

I think Baltimore has been a tough opponent too...I don't know the exact record but I would guess we are about .500 with them to date. But I believe since they are in our division we wouldn't face them in 1st series & not unless it was the league championship...I think ???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Before the Baltimore series , the Cool Standing geeks gave the Yankees a 7 % chance of making the post season. That is absolutely ridiculous. They do not live in the real world. Do you think you could ever get odds like that from the wise guys, the smart money ?  Please. These stat guys are delusional. The Yankees are the biggest threat. The team to beat. That has almost always been the case. It will not change anytime soon.  I feel confident that the Sox have the team that can beat anyone, but I would much rather face any of the other contenders in the ALDS. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I would like NY eliminated as even though we took 3/4 in last series their pitching is not bad & their offense is good as we needed average over 10 runs per game to beat them.

I believe they have the best chance for a wild card as 9 of their last 12 games are 3 game series with last place teams, Jays, SF Giants & Houston.

With the addition of the second WC, I believe the team with the best record faces the WC play in winner.

It no longer matters if it's a team in your division.