If Red Sox & Rays are tied at the end of the season......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

If Red Sox & Rays are tied at the end of the season......

Has anyone heard where the one game playoff on Thursday would be played? Usually, they do a coin toss, but i haven't heard any details on that scenario yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: If Red Sox & Rays are tied at the end of the season......

At Tampa, because they won the regular-season series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

I think they dropped the coin toss and went to H2H record a couple of yrs ago

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

If Rays, Red Sox and Angels finish in a three-way tie:
    There would be two playoff games, one on Thursday, Sept. 29, between two of the teams and then another on Friday, Sept. 30, with the winner of Game 1 and the third team. (As a result, the start of the division series would be pushed back a day.)

The Rays would be the top seed, based on the best record against the other two (16-10), and would have their choice of three scenarios which, in essence, come down to playing two games at home or one game on the road.

There is no doubt they would choose to play the one game, in essence hanging out (maybe somewhere in the middle) and waiting for the Red Sox and Angels to play in Boston - using one of the top pitchers and some of their relievers - and then jetting off to face the winner of that game in their home park.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Ok thanks for the info everyone. I forgot it went by head to head now instead of coin toss. I guess that is fair and makes sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Here's a better question: Who would pitch that game for Boston?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

In Response to Re: If Red Sox & Rays are tied at the end of the season......:
    [QUOTE]Here's a better question: Who would pitch that game for Boston?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Well Lackey was the last one to pitch a halfway decent game.Frown

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]Here's a better question: Who would pitch that game for Boston?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]
    I would go with Wakefield.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfanmoncton. Show redsoxfanmoncton's posts

there won't be a playoff game, sox will finish 1 game down

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Do u know how many idiots I read earlier that said we should sweeo the O's? Lotts. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

if we have a playoff, i honestly would go with miller...he throws hard and would be rested...and he cant be any worse than our starting shop of horrors

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Not going to be a playoff, Red Sox have been done for 30 days now. No one listens. This is the biggest choke in the history of baseball and the second biggest choke in all of sports history after the Patriots SB gag job.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Do you anticipate that the Yanks will win Tues and Wed? Only way the playoff happens...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Yanks will have trouble winning against Price and Hellickson since they are resting on average 3 of three of their regulars each game.  The Sox have absolutely got to win one of those games against the Orioles.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannimota. Show mannimota's posts

There will be no playoff.  The Sox finish 2 games out.  I don't honestly see how this team wins another game.  Jacoby can only bat once in the order.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

THE YANKS ARE GONNA MAIL IT IN ON WEDNESDAY AND PROBABLY
    TOMORROW , AS WELL. GIRARDI OWES THE RED SOX NOTHING.
    THE STINKERS FROM FENWAY DUG THEIR OWN GRAVE, AND NO
    ONE IN BASEBALL SHOULD DO THEM A FAVOR. EPSTEIN AND TITO
    MUST.....I SAY, "MUST" BE FIRED. NOT ONLY THAT...BUT WHEN
    YOU LOOK AT PLAYERS LIKE YOUKILIS, LACKEY, SCUTARO,
    LOWRIE, MC DONALD, JACKSON, CRAWFORD, REDDICK, AVILES,
    YOU REALIZE THAT THERE IS NO FUTURE FOR BOSTON.
    IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, BECKETT IS SHOT. HE HAS A
    RAG ARM, JUST LIKE LACKEY. LESTER IS DONE ALSO. HE CAN'T
    GET THROUGH 3 INNINGS ANY MORE. WAKE IS GONE, THANK GOD.
    WE HAVE NO CREDIBLE CATCHER, AND TEK SHOULD RETIRE.
    SO...WHERE IS THE FUTURE. ? WE ARE STUCK WITH A LOT OF OLD
    GUYS ON PAYROLL, FAILURE PRONE FREE AGENTS, AND AWFUL
    LEADERSHIP. IF ELLSBURY WERE SMART, HE WOULD JUMP SHIP.
    IF HE STAYS, HE CAN LOOK FORWARD TO TEN MORE YEARS OF
    3RD PLACE FINISHES. IT'S ACTUALLY THAT BAD.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE]there won't be a playoff game, sox will finish 1 game down
    Posted by redsoxfanmoncton[/QUOTE]

You are obviously correct. And I find it sad that you are right.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Like it matters. Even the most diehard fan knows this team isn't doing any damage in they make the playoffs regardless. They discraced themselves and don't deserve it anyway.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

There won't be an if scenario. Sox are not winning the next 2. And if there was a tie, they should forfeit WC to Rays for they can do more damage than these overpaid washed up SOX

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

It is never over 'till it is over.

That is the beauty of baseball.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Yanks will have trouble winning against Price and Hellickson since they are resting on average 3 of three of their regulars each game.  The Sox have absolutely got to win one of those games against the Orioles.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

The Sox MUST win BOTH Game

By the way, when some of us were going nuts at this team in April and people came around and said to shut up they they weren't this bad and you would eat  your words when they won 100 games and the division, well, I just want to know where those "loyal" "die hard" Sox fans are now? 

This team, and many of their fans, needed a cold glass of water poured over them to bring them back to reality.  Theo has lost his way over the past few years and as a result, the team is now lost too.............

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guvnor. Show Guvnor's posts

if by some miracle there is a thursday game in tampa, they would start niemann, and the sox should start aceves, but tito out of blind loyalty will go with wake and he will get lit up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You want a worst-case scenario?

Sox and Rays both LOSE the next 2 nights.

Forces a 1 game playoff in Tampa.

Theo has to make a trade for someone to start the win-or-go-home game.

He trades someone high up on the prospect list - like a Ryan Kalish.  And he gets another 5th starter's contract for 2 more years or so.  And the starter does not make it out of the first inning.  He doesn't even record a single out. 

And who does he trot out there to "eat innings"?  Timmy "The Savior" Wakefield.  What a way to end a career huh - for both pitcher and manager...........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]if we have a playoff, i honestly would go with miller...he throws hard and would be rested...and he cant be any worse than our starting shop of horrors
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I guess one thing the last month has proven is that it really doesn't matter who pitches.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

You re right that it will not matter who pitch.  I strongly believe that Tito will go Lester for 2 to 4 innings, then Aceves, then Weiland, then Bard and Pape!!!