If we have a big lead in the 9th in game 6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

If we have a big lead in the 9th in game 6

I don't care if its 10-0, 20-1 or whatever in the 9th, I want Koji on the field for the final out as he deserves it.   Wouldn't be in this position this year without him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: If we have a big lead in the 9th in game 6

In response to Eddymon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't care if its 10-0, 20-1 or whatever in the 9th, I want Koji on the field for the final out as he deserves it.   Wouldn't be in this position this year without him.

[/QUOTE]

IT WONT HAPPEN.  FARRELL WOULD PUT DEMPSTER IN THE GAME CUZ HE DO NOT WANT TO SEE A GUY TO BLOW HIS ARM OUT AND BE UNABLE TO COME BACK NEXT YEAR.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

KC beat us both games of a Doubleheader this year. At Home.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

IT WONT HAPPEN.  FARRELL WOULD PUT DEMPSTER IN THE GAME CUZ HE DO NOT WANT TO SEE A GUY TO BLOW HIS ARM OUT AND BE UNABLE TO COME BACK NEXT YEAR.

[/QUOTE]

Ok.  Koji showed dominance and no alert on his health all season long until now throwing 87 innings, suddenly he blows his arm with 1 inning non save situation.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ok.  Koji showed dominance and no alert on his health all season long until now throwing 87 innings, suddenly he blows his arm with 1 inning non save situation.  

[/QUOTE]

NEVER KNOW.    OR THE BALL HIT HIM IN THE FACE.

THAT IS WHY YOU DONT PUT THE BEST GUY ON THE MOUND IF YOU ARE WINNING BY 20 RUNS.  I WOULD TAKE OUT BOGAERTS, VICTORINO, ROSS, ETC TOO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

unless lackey is throwing a no-no....expect koji to get the final 3 outs no matter how much the sox are ahead....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

unless lackey is throwing a no-no....expect koji to get the final 3 outs no matter how much the sox are ahead....

[/QUOTE]

Yup. That wouldn't surprise me.

If the previous games are any indication, I expect another nail-biter, not a blowout.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

THAT IS WHY YOU DONT PUT THE BEST GUY ON THE MOUND IF YOU ARE WINNING BY 20 RUNS.  I WOULD TAKE OUT BOGAERTS, VICTORINO, ROSS, ETC TOO

[/QUOTE]

I just heard Sox ticket prices set the record.  Fans at the Fenway won't be too happy if you take out all of the regulars.  It's the final game of the WS and you don't take out players deserve the last moment on the field.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Somehow this idea reminds me of Gronkoski's injury while on the field for an extra point conversion and its ramifications going forward.  Why risk it? 

That being said regarding this unlikely scenario, I doubt the 6th game is going to turn into a blowout.  With both these teams so evenly matched, which the first five games supports, I foresee another close game going into the seventh/eighth inning.  And, if game 6's of the past are any indication, (1967, 1975, 1986) this game should be a wallapalooza. 

(Note: The last time the Sox played a Game 6 against the Cardinals, McCarver went 0-3 with a walk and the Sox won 8-4) *:D big grin

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just heard Sox ticket prices set the record.  Fans at the Fenway won't be too happy if you take out all of the regulars.  It's the final game of the WS and you don't take out players deserve the last moment on the field.  

[/QUOTE]

fans would be happy to see everyone play in the 20-0 ball game!!!  like to say thank you everyone for having a successful season!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

fun to speculate.  but hard to imagine anything but a tight contest with Wacha throwing.  Koji may be in there for the ninth, but it will be to get the save.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

I'd bring him in for the last batter. One pitch, one out, it would be perfect. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

let me take you back to a time.  This was the time of the "superbowl shuffle".

a former Actor was living in the White House and the leader of the free world.

"We are the World" wins a grammy.

Microsoft had it's original IPO.

"Out of Africa" wins Academy award

Wrestlemania II takes place.

Spinks defeated Holmes

Chernobyl

Clemens k's 20 mariners

Top Gun is in theatres

Jim Kelly signs with Buffalo Bills

Mark McGwire hits 1st MLB HR

instead of taking him out for defensive replacement....Bill Buckner (with 1 good leg) is left in the game in the bottom of the 10th inning so he can "celebrate" on the field.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

He'd probably be out there anyways because you can't take any chances......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Somehow this idea reminds me of Gronkoski's injury while on the field for an extra point conversion and its ramifications going forward.  Why risk it? 

That being said regarding this unlikely scenario, I doubt the 6th game is going to turn into a blowout.  With both these teams so evenly matched, which the first five games supports, I foresee another close game going into the seventh/eighth inning.  And, if game 6's of the past are any indication, (1967, 1975, 1986) this game should be a wallapalooza. 

(Note: The last time the Sox played a Game 6 against the Cardinals, McCarver went 0-3 with a walk and the Sox won 8-4) *:D big grin

[/QUOTE] DC, your emotes have been cracking me up :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Whether we're up 1 or 11, Koji will be on the mound in the 9th. It's insane to believe otherwise.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The risk of injury, while present, is very small. If the guys who got us a ring want to stay on the field and play it out, should we be so fortunate to be well ahead, I would have no problem letting them stay out there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

You keep the team on the field that got you there.  Koji gets the ninth unless no hitter in the works. 

This sounds stupid, but Wacha is going to have to pitch the best game of his life.  His margin for error tomorrow night is nonexistent.  He walked 4 or 5 last game and none of the walks scored.  If he walks 4 or 5 in the Fens, he's done.  Hate to sound proud, but I think this is the game that wakes up the Sox' bats.  Bookend game one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I would be surprised if this is a close game. I think the Sox are going for the jugular. No one wants to have a seventh game when anything can happen. If Lackey can pitch well I think we win by at least four runs. Keep in mind we won three games in this series and though we MIGHT NOT have won the other two, we GAVE THEM AWAY with uncharacteristically sloppy baseball. The Cards have not won a single game that they really fully deserved.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I had a related but different thought today:  if we have a late, small / any lead in game 6 how long could we reasonably expect Uehara to pitch effectively given a day's rest?   1 inning? Easy.  2?  Probably.  3?  Pushing it, IMO.  Other than Uehara I currently only have faith in Tazawa out of the BP.

I reckon everyone including Uehara would like to see him to jump into Salty's arms and get buried by the rest....but I also reckon everyone including Uehara mainly just wants to win.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Its going to be Uehara, no matter the score. Its just how things are done. I cant believe there are posters who actually think it could be someone else. Thats a joke.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If we have a big lead in the ninth, I am not going to be too worried about who closes it out.  As for Koji, he has been everything you could ask for and more.   I do think that he is starting to show some signs of wearing down.  Hopefully, he has one more save in him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Agree-with-Dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A Boston area writer speculated that Uehara might be in the process of blowing out his arm  like Kevin Foulke did in 2004.  It was speculation but it  might turn out to be true - who knows. As a fan you should just enjoy the moment. Life is too short to dwell on the negative.

[/QUOTE]

Did the "Boston area writer" provide any backup other than "increased innings" and maybe "higher stress" innings?

Come on, anything is possible but he's 38, has no history of significant health issues....his 70-odd innings this year makes his 5-year MLB innings average only around 50....doesn't throw very hard and has a smooth motion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Koji deserves to be on the mound. for the final out of the World Series win, regardless. Sox wouldn't have been there without him, along with a few others. Victorino is another, which is why I'm glad to see hes in the the lineup tomorrow. Dance with the once who brung you. 

Chris Hatfield ‏@SPChrisHatfield

15h

Awesome Bing translation of @TeamUehara's last tweet: I've thrown (^-^) I won (^-^) only one more (^-^