If you are in NYC on opening day, please join me -

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

If you are in NYC on opening day, please join me -

I am playing hooky on opening day.  Will be at Professor Thoms on second ave (b. 12th and 13th).  If anyone wants to join, that would be a blast.  I'll be the guy at the bar in the spacesuit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: If you are in NYC on opening day, please join me -

In Response to If you are in NYC on opening day, please join me -:
    [QUOTE]I am playing hooky on opening day.  Will be at Professor Thoms on second ave (b. 12th and 13th).  If anyone wants to join, that would be a blast.  I'll be the guy at the bar in the spacesuit.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

ME TOO SPACE. ALREADY PUT IN FOR THE DAY OFF.....BEST DAY OF THE YEAR. ENJOY

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: If you are in NYC on opening day, please join me -:
    [QUOTE]In Response to If you are in NYC on opening day, please join me - : ME TOO SPACE. ALREADY PUT IN FOR THE DAY OFF.....BEST DAY OF THE YEAR. ENJOY
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

you too j.  i'm wondering whether i convince HR that it is a religious holiday for me.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]I am playing hooky on opening day.  Will be at Professor Thoms on second ave (b. 12th and 13th).  If anyone wants to join, that would be a blast.  I'll be the guy at the bar in the spacesuit.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]Space...... Can't make it...... But, keep an eye out for "dad"  !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

just make sure you tip a cold one for me spacebro! I'll be there in spirit!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I will see if I can do this and I will reach out to Jete.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I will see if I can do this and I will reach out to Jete.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Jess- awesome.  make sure you guys bring your Sox caps.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

I have a friend that really has such a suit.  It's not from NASA, but from the BBC...it was used in some broadcast about space, but looks and feels authentic.  I had him mc at my recent birthday party gig in it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I have a friend that really has such a suit.  It's not from NASA, but from the BBC...it was used in some broadcast about space, but looks and feels authentic.  I had him mc at my recent birthday party gig in it!
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

nice chili.  if i had one of those while fronting my last rock band, surely we would have gone straight to the top.  I always said:  gimme a stage and a spacesuit, and i will rock your world.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I heard that the "BIG O"  and the Chicago way gang might be there....  New York can be a rough place........   As for BILL-806,  I think that I might have a case of the  CAPE COD FLU !!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'll stop in.  I assume that is the 4/5 game at 1:05?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Space Ace - make sure you send me a reminder a day or two before. You maybe Space Ace, I'm just spaced withouot a trace.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

At least now you know what "babe" looks like so you can keep your heads down when he shows up with the parrot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

If I was still living in Long island, I would definitely try to make it.  Not just to see your Bill Lee spacesuit, but to catch a glimpse of your "Pollyanna Pinkhat Left/Soc/Rad/Moonbat " identification..... Enjoy a pink pina colada or some such radical moonbat concoction on me...Enjoy, Spaceman....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Bumping thread to keep it along the top for those who might be in NYC that day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]If I was still living in Long island, I would definitely try to make it.  Not just to see your Bill Lee spacesuit, but to catch a glimpse of your " Pollyanna Pinkhat Left/Soc/Rad/Moonbat " identification..... Enjoy a pink pina colada or some such radical moonbat concoction on me...Enjoy, Spaceman....
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]

Thank you T-Hard.  No doubt there will be a lovely cosmic opening day vibration that we shall feel collectively.  It will feel like a spring breeze.  And, in my case, taste like whiskey.  Wish you could join me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

A little Whiskey in the Jar. See you then Space Ace!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TehFZ38kt6o

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Thursday, 1 PM, April 5th.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

You ever visit The Hairy Monk on 25th and 3rd?  I did my undergrad at Baruch which is right over there and sometimes watched Sox/Yanks games over there.  They're a big Sox bar as well as all Boston sports.   Pretty basic bar and pub food but they have a lot of TV's as well as a screen that must be the size of the entire back wall with the games on that.  Pretty cool place.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to If you are in NYC on opening day, please join me - : You ever visit The Hairy Monk on 25th and 3rd?  I did my undergrad at Baruch which is right over there and sometimes watched Sox/Yanks games over there.  They're a big Sox bar as well as all Boston sports.   Pretty basic bar and pub food but they have a lot of TV's as well as a screen that must be the size of the entire back wall with the games on that.  Pretty cool place.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  My wife used to work at Blue Smoke/Jazz Standard on 27th, so we would always go to Hairy Monk after she got off.  Solid bar.  Good pub fare.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you are in NYC on opening day, please join me - : Yeah.  My wife used to work at Blue Smoke/Jazz Standard on 27th, so we would always go to Hairy Monk after she got off.  Solid bar.  Good pub fare.

I've been passing by Blue Smoke for the past 4 or 5 years and just decided to go in there a couple weeks ago, had a full rack of the Kansas City spareribs.....good BBQ.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you are in NYC on opening day, please join me - : Yeah.  My wife used to work at Blue Smoke/Jazz Standard on 27th, so we would always go to Hairy Monk after she got off.  Solid bar.  Good pub fare.

Hey Space, ever been out to the Wicked Monk in Bay Ridge? I had a lot of fun in that bar.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you are in NYC on opening day, please join me - : Thank you T-Hard.  No doubt there will be a lovely cosmic opening day vibration that we shall feel collectively.  It will feel like a spring breeze.  And, in my case, taste like whiskey.  Wish you could join me.

Thanks, space...I grew up on Staten Island, and my brother is still there....Next time I go down the city I will give you a heads up here, and maybe we can work something out...You actually got me to thinking also: maybe I should take off opening day as well....Thursday and Friday both...Unfortunately, I have too many clients booked already, but I think I will next year, though....After all, it is a religious holiday for me as well...
         Indeed, when people used to ask me about my parents' religion (a bit of a redundant question since they are from the Republic of Ireland, and not Northern Ireland like my wife), I would simply tell the truth: "My mom's Catholic and my dad's a Yankee fan..."
         Anyhoo, I hope you have a great time, my man...It's spring, it's the beginning of baseball season, and it's all good....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Melnick. Show Melnick's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you are in NYC on opening day, please join me - :      Thanks, space...I grew up on Staten Island, and my brother is still there....Next time I go down the city I will give you a heads up here, and maybe we can work something out...You actually got me to thinking also: maybe I should take off opening day as well....Thursday and Friday both...Unfortunately, I have too many clients booked already, but I think I will next year, though....After all, it is a religious holiday for me as well...      Indeed, when people used to ask me about my parents' religion (a bit of a redundant question since they are from the Republic of Ireland, and not Northern Ireland like my wife), I would simply tell the truth: "My mom's Catholic and my dad's a Yankee fan..."      Anyhoo, I hope you have a great time, my man...It's spring, it's the beginning of baseball season, and it's all good....
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]

You therefore are a Yankee fan? You thus are an automatic friend of Spaceman. This forum must be at least eighty percent Yankee fans. What a farce it is to a new poster who comes in here under the assumption that it is a Red Sox forum.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m