If you could choose four players to have lunch with, one each from the 4 professional Boston teams, who would you choose?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: If you could choose four players to have lunch with, one each from the 4 professional Boston teams, who would you choose?

Celtics: Larry 
    Sox: El Tiante
    Pats: Randy Moss

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Re: If you could choose four players to have lunch with, one each from the 4 professional Boston teams, who would you choose?

Bob Cousy, Bobby Orr, Mike Lowell and Tom Brady.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Is this four separate lunches or one lunch with all four guys?

If it's one lunch , I'd feel kind of foolish as the only one who isn't a pro athlete. Kind of like a 5th wheel. They probably would ignore me and talk amongst themselves anyway.

Still, I wouldn't mind if any one or any combination picked up the tab.

I think I'd rather have lunch with these four (all dead , unfortunately), Groucho Marx, Rodney Dangerfield, Henny Youngman and George Carlin.

That would be a riot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bill Russell and Ted Williams--and nobody else matters.  Both of them were great, great players who also coached/managed.  

On the current teams, I might lunch with AGon.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Orr,Bird,Brady and Potato salad with Wakefield.
    I'd definitely turn down an invitation to lunch with Jeffrey Dahmer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

I would pick The Splendid Splinter, Rocky Marciano (I know he's not on one of the 4 teams, but I hate hockey so I'll pick him instead), Bob Cousy and Cookie Gilchrist

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.Bump. Show Mr.Bump's posts

Derek Sanderson
    Bill Lee
    Randy Moss
    Dave Cowens

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Orr-Williams-Bird  12/06/92 11X14 Color Reprint Photo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Cousy would be a good choice. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Pedey

Namath

Seaver

Yaz

Agassi

yeah i know, just my favorites........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

How about I pick 4 posters from here? SinceYaz, Carnie, Boom, Zac and Jete. Opps that five oh well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

My four from Boston teams

Yaz

Orr

Havlicek

Grogan

My four athletes other sports:

Jimmy Conners

Jack Nicklaus

Mario Andretti

Chris Everett

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Ted Williams

Larry Byrd (Russell has a big chip on his shoulder)

Jim Plunkett (Brady is a bad character)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Celtics- RED
    Bruins- Orr
    Pats- Tedy
    Red Sox- Papi

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In Response to Re: If you could choose four players to have lunch with, one each from the 4 professional Boston teams, who would you choose?:
    [QUOTE]Ted Williams Larry Byrd (Russell has a big chip on his shoulder) Jim Plunkett (Brady is a bad character)
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

By Byrd you mean Bird. And if you didn't know that then you should be cooked for dinner.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I'd have to go with Hondo, Kevin Millar, Grogan and Cam Neely.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Only  4
    I would have to say

Pats Tedy Bruschi

Sox  Ortiz or Youk

Celtics  Ray Allen

Bruins Bobby Orr

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: If you could choose four players to have lunch with, one each from the 4 professional Boston teams, who would you choose?:
    [QUOTE]How about I pick 4 posters from here? SinceYaz, Carnie, Boom, Zac and Jete. Opps that five oh well.
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]P4U..make sure Zac pays..Tongue out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you could choose four players to have lunch with, one each from the 4 professional Boston teams, who would you choose? : P4U..make sure Zac pays..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]Especially for the beers Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Well, I kinda already had lunch with Bob Montgomery.  I attended a function where he spoke at a buffet.  We had a pleasant and brief exchange, so does that count? 

I also was eating a brunch at a Sports Bar outside of Oakland and Jim Plunkett came over to where I sitting while I was watching a Patriot's game on one of the monitors.  We also talked for awhile, and believe it or not, he initiated the conversation.  Some of what he said didn't make a whole lot of sense.  He might have been drunk.  Either that, or too many concussions.  It was a pleasant, although somewhat, awkward exchange.

My best Celtic's player encounter was in the least likeliest of places.  I was in a gas station convenience store about 10 miles or so from where I live in the SF Bay Area, and I practically ran into Dave Cowens.  The encounter was very natural and pleasant.  He was very gracious and enjoyable to talk with. 

As far as the Bruins go, except for maybe Bobby Orr or Derek Sanderson, I probably wouldn't recognize any other players even if they were sitting next to me. 

As far as whom I'd like to have lunch with?  Well, I don't plan on bidding on this for an auction and I really don't care to meet anybody if the interaction is contrived.  The best part of meeting up with someone is the surprise element.  Sometimes it's even more interesting when it's a less famous player who may be more accessible.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

BB

D Pedroia

T brady

A gonzalez

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawckinSox. Show RawckinSox's posts

Celtics: Shaq (loved him since I was little) Bruins: Bobby Orr Red Sox: Adrian Gonzalez Patriots: Tom Brady

Sorry I'm only young don't know all these old players, I concidered Ted Williams, but idk.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Jete, If everyone agree's I will pay for the meal. I will have to fly to be there, but thats not a problem. Lets make a deal, if the sox win its in Boston, if the yanks win its in NY. I will take care of our sides airfare and hotel and I will pay for dinner! I believe boom is in california or maybe its Carnie either way i will take care of them getting there! As for Yaz let the ol dawg walk (Just kidding) Ill fly Yaz first class to NY if you guys beat us!