IGGY batting 2nd & playing 2nd BASE ........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

IGGY batting 2nd & playing 2nd BASE ........

Well well, the BOY has come a long way !!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: IGGY batting 2nd & playing 2nd BASE ........

Farrell is doing a good job getting Iggy in there all while giving Middy every chance to succeed and Drew the AB's to get hot again. Not an easy job, but farrell is doing a great job of that so far, as well as an overall job with the lineup and pitchers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Farrell is doing a good job getting Iggy in there all while giving Middy every chance to succeed and Drew the AB's to get hot again. Not an easy job, but farrell is doing a great job of that so far, as well as an overall job with the lineup and pitchers.

CONCUR !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I like it.  Once upon a time, this is how guys broke in.  You back up everyone for a season, then you unemploy someone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Wouldn't it be fantastic if Iglesias could continue on and put together the kind of year that Machado is having; and infuse into the Sox-everyday-lineup what Machado has done for the O's?  Oh, how I'm rooting for this kid and the continued exciting season for the Sox.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

[QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be fantastic if Iglesias could continue on and put together the kind of year that Machado is having; and infuse into the Sox-everyday-lineup what Machado has done for the O's?  Oh, how I'm rooting for this kid and the continued exciting season for the Sox.

[/QUOTE]

Good Mornign DC,

I think Iggy is certainly making a case for more playing time as well as securing his position for 2014. Im pulling for this kid too. Always have, but though he needed to earn the job. Hes doing that right now and I believe by the team not handing Iggy the job like some here wanted, it has made him an overall better player. You seem to appreciate things more when you work hard and earn it.

Machado is just a stud. The O's are lucky to have that kid. Although we might just have the same thing with Bogy. His AAA debut was pretty impressive.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

PD first day off this season. Orsillo said everytime Farrell mentioned it, you could hear him making noise about it. Wonder if his error yesterday, also first of the season, solidified it.   Nice to have a guy who can play the entire infield, at the same timeWink

You may glory in a team triumphant......
    But you fall in love with a team in defeat

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

During the off-season, I proposed a trade: Iggy and Nava to Oakland for Brett Anderson. 

Hey, we all have made dumb trade proposals before right?   LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

17 games in a row, baby !!!!!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The team's losing, baby!!!!!"

But Iggy is playing and that's all that matters - being right about a player is better than a team win anyday!

Bill has learned the ropes from softy and learned them well!!!

In all fairness Bill and Softy both had more faith in Iggy's offense than I did. I wanted him in mostly for his D but was worried he couldn't hit well enough...I had the stats on my side but Bill and Softy had blind faith and that beat my stats hands down - this time. :)

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"The team's losing, baby!!!!!"

But Iggy is playing and that's all that matters - being right about a player is better than a team win anyday!

Bill has learned the ropes from softy and learned them well!!!

In all fairness Bill and Softy both had more faith in Iggy's offense than I did. I wanted him in mostly for his D but was worried he couldn't hit well enough...I had the stats on my side but Bill and Softy had blind faith and that beat my stats hands down - this time. :)

Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

I like it.  Once upon a time, this is how guys broke in.  You back up everyone for a season, then you unemploy someone.

Exactly. It's amazing how someone like bill made hundreds (thousands?) of posts complaining about entitled fatcats, yet he wanted to simply hand the starting SS job to a player who batted .118 last year, never proved he deserved a starting job and ... oh yeah, acted like a diva in the minors.

The Sox handled Iggy like they should handle all players. Make him earn the job. He had the chance last year to show he was ready and he fell on his face. So the Sox brought in competition instead of simply handing Iggy the job. And to Iggy's credit, he worked on his hitting and now when he has opportunity, he's earning the playing time. EARNING, not simply being handed a job.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Exactly. It's amazing how someone like bill made hundreds (thousands?) of posts complaining about entitled fatcats, yet he wanted to simply hand the starting SS job to a player who batted .118 last year, never proved he deserved a starting job and ... oh yeah, acted like a diva in the minors.

The Sox handled Iggy like they should handle all players. Make him earn the job. He had the chance last year to show he was ready and he fell on his face. So the Sox brought in competition instead of simply handing Iggy the job. And to Iggy's credit, he worked on his hitting and now when he has opportunity, he's earning the playing time. EARNING, not simply being handed a job.

B I N G O  !!!!!    It's all about knowing a "player" when you see one !!!!  And for that, im critisized !!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Just like pitchers became starters by working their way out of the bullpen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to mjagger's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to royf19's comment:

[QUOTE]

B I N G O  !!!!!    It's all about knowing a "player" when you see one !!!!  And for that, im critisized !!!!

[/QUOTE]

I didn't know they allowed illiterates in the navy. Obviously, they've raised their standards since you left.

[/QUOTE]Thank You...............   >RESPECT

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

tell me how Stephen Drew EARNED his job??? based on his past two seasons of injury? spring training no show due to injuries once again? his terrible start? his current .215 average? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Don't be so quick to to admit your wrong. I, too, wanted him for his 'D.' Iggy's definitely been hot so far at the plate, but the season's far from over. If Iggy is hitting .250 by the end of the season, I'd be pleasantly surprized. With his glove .250 would be more than enough for offense.

Iggy's D is definitely good enough to warrant him playing nearly everyday even if he does hit .250, especially if Drew and Middy continue doing no better than that on offense.

FYI, for Iggy to end up at 250, he'd have to do this....

Now: 39 for 89  (.438)

Edit in red

Assume he gets these amounts of PAs and hits:

111 more PAs, he'd have to go 11 for 111. (.099)

211 more PAs, he'd have to go 36 for 211. (.171)

311 more PAs, he'd have to go 61 for 311. (.196)

411more PAs, he'd have to go 86 for 411. (.209)

With Iggy's strong ability to bunt and keep the corner IF'ers in, I can't see him hitting near that low. At worst, he may go  71 for 311 (.228) and end up at 110/400 and .275. More likely, he will end up over .300 by going 81 for 311 (.260) or better.  400 PAs and 120 hits is .300.

It's certainly possible he goes under .260 thge rest of the way, but I highly doubt he ends up at .250 after such an incredible start. 99 PAs is a small sample size, and his minor league numbers do not support these numbers, but Iggy is young and improving, so the sky is the limit. 

Sox4ever

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Don't be so quick to to admit your wrong. I, too, wanted him for his 'D.' Iggy's definitely been hot so far at the plate, but the season's far from over. If Iggy is hitting .250 by the end of the season, I'd be pleasantly surprized. With his glove .250 would be more than enough for offense.

Iggy's D is definitely good enough to warrant him playing nearly everyday even if he does hit .250, especially if Drew and Middy continue doing no better than that on offense.

FYI, for Iggy to end up at 250, he'd have to do this....

Now: 39 for 89  (.438)

Assume he gets these amounts of PAs and hits:

111 more PAs, he'd have to go 11 for 111. (.099)

211 more PAs, he'd have to go 26 for 211. (.123)

311 more PAs, he'd have to go 51 for 311. (.164)

411more PAs, he'd have to go 76 for 411. (.185)

With Iggy's strong ability to bunt and keep the corner IF'ers in, I can't see him hitting near that low. At worst, he may go  71 for 311 (.228) and end up at 110/400 and .275. More likely, he will end up over .300 by going 81 for 311 (.260) or better. 

It's certainly possible he goes under .260 thge rest of the way, but I highly doubt he ends up at .250 after such an incredible start. 99 PAs is a small sample size, and his minor league numbers do not support these numbers, but Iggy is young and improving, so the sky is the limit. 

Sox4ever

tHANKS mooN, GOOD #'S ..........   >RESPECT

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

tHANKS mooN, GOOD #'S ..........   >RESPECT\

Actually, I flubbed them a bit... see adjusted numbers in red.

Sox4ever

25. This post has been removed.